★ ★ ★ May & June 2021 Babies ★ ★ ★

I'm wondering if anyone else has an "it's go time!' code phrase or word. If you've seen Juno you'll remember that she says "Thundercats are Go!" when she starts her labor.
Yes- My last pregnancy it was “broken arrow” no idea where it came from but that’s what it was. Also I had a plan of going fully natural/unmedicated and my code word for changing my mind was “Oklahoma” hahaha I think for my husbands sake, we will keep it the same!

These are cute, I never considered these.

Question clothing wise- what are you thinking to dress babies in May/June time? Will you wear vest and babygrows. Weather is so i predictable in the UK. Never had to think
Of this with an October baby.

These are cute, I never considered these.

Question clothing wise- what are you thinking to dress babies in May/June time? Will you wear vest and babygrows. Weather is so i predictable in the UK. Never had to think
Of this with an October baby.
I don't even know! I've been wondering about that too.

Yes- My last pregnancy it was “broken arrow” no idea where it came from but that’s what it was. Also I had a plan of going fully natural/unmedicated and my code word for changing my mind was “Oklahoma” hahaha I think for my husbands sake, we will keep it the same!
My fiance wants it to be “Danger Zone” I'm not crazy about it. I think I'll just call him and curse him out for putting a baby in me and now we gotta go to the hospital lol

I don't even know! I've been wondering about that too.

My fiance wants it to be “Danger Zone” I'm not crazy about it. I think I'll just call him and curse him out for putting a baby in me and now we gotta go to the hospital lol

Oh my gosh hahaha! I literally laughed out loud at that! My husband came up with the broken arrow one and he still didn’t rush to get me to the hospital. I mean, I’m having intense contractions that I’m moaning over my hospital bag and he says “I’m going to hop in the shower first”. ?!?!?! Girls, we got to the hospital and I was there 12 minutes before baby was in my arms. Lol

Anyone else been getting into a funk more? What makes it worse for me is not knowing what triggered it. I just don't wanna do anything. Not even eat.

Not to mention the carpal tunnel and swelling is starting. The Charley horse is getting worse... Just ugh.

On the bright side, the nursery was painted yesterday. Now the borders need to be painted, clean the floor and remove the paint splatters and then we can finally build the furniture!!

What's a good baby-safe laundry softener and dry sheets? We have Dreft detergent.

Anyone else been getting into a funk more? What makes it worse for me is not knowing what triggered it. I just don't wanna do anything. Not even eat.

Not to mention the carpal tunnel and swelling is starting. The Charley horse is getting worse... Just ugh.

On the bright side, the nursery was painted yesterday. Now the borders need to be painted, clean the floor and remove the paint splatters and then we can finally build the furniture!!

What's a good baby-safe laundry softener and dry sheets? We have Dreft detergent.

So sorry you’re having a hard time!! That doesn’t make anything easier. Have you brought this up to your OB or midwife?

Dreft actually isn’t that great because it has artificial fragrances. My DD ended up getting rashes from it. We use ALL free and clear. They also have a fabric softener.

So sorry you’re having a hard time!! That doesn’t make anything easier. Have you brought this up to your OB or midwife?

Dreft actually isn’t that great because it has artificial fragrances. My DD ended up getting rashes from it. We use ALL free and clear. They also have a fabric softener.

I'm sorry to hear DD got a rash. Everyone keeps telling me to get Dreft. Now my guy doesn't want to get Dreft. I was actually looking into Babyganics & Honest.

I'm sorry to hear DD got a rash. Everyone keeps telling me to get Dreft. Now my guy doesn't want to get Dreft. I was actually looking into Babyganics & Honest.

That’s what I was told also! And of course it has that great baby smell. Do you have Seventh Generation where you are? It is better than both babyganics and Honest in the detergent area. There’s an app called “Think Dirty” that you can type in or scan different products To tell you have “dirty” or “clean” things are.

That’s what I was told also! And of course it has that great baby smell. Do you have Seventh Generation where you are? It is better than both babyganics and Honest in the detergent area. There’s an app called “Think Dirty” that you can type in or scan different products To tell you have “dirty” or “clean” things are.
I do. They are pricey though. I’ll give the app a try. Thank you!

The babies had a non stress test yesterday and passed. They had their growth scan today at 30w6d. Baby boy is 4lbs 13oz and baby girl is 3lbs 11oz. I was told the difference is fine bc she's measuring "normal" and he's just big.

The babies had a non stress test yesterday and passed. They had their growth scan today at 30w6d. Baby boy is 4lbs 13oz and baby girl is 3lbs 11oz. I was told the difference is fine bc she's measuring "normal" and he's just big.
What fab weights for them both!
Sorry if you have said before, have you a plan in place for birth?
I have my growth scan next Thursday at 32 weeks. It won't be long til some of us start getting ready!

OH is away with the military til 10 days before due date, so keeping everything crossed, including my legs she stays well put!
No birthing plans in place yet.

how is covid affecting birthing partners where you all are? X

@Christie2011 that’s great news!

@Becca_89 is there a reason you are doing a growth scan? I don’t hear of these often except for high risk situations.

I so hope your husband is home when baby makes their debut!!

The only thing Covid is limiting us on is being able to see our daughter. She won’t be able to come to the hospital. If my labor is any faster than it was the first time, I’ll be having this one at home anyway! Lol

@tbfromlv yes, sorry. i am classed as high risk as I have severe pre eclampsia with my first and was showing symptoms very early on. So I am now on medication, have been since 16 weeks- as well as double dose of aspirin, but it has done a great job so far :)

this sounds a lot better than i have it here, where are you based?
I am in Wales, birth partners are only allowed in during active labour and then when you move from the labour room they have to go home. :( it has pushed so many women for home births but I am unable to have one.

have you looked into your birth? i am hopeful to birth in the pool, not sure on the pushing baby out, I think I would like to! Xx

@tbfromlv yes, sorry. i am classed as high risk as I have severe pre eclampsia with my first and was showing symptoms very early on. So I am now on medication, have been since 16 weeks- as well as double dose of aspirin, but it has done a great job so far :)

this sounds a lot better than i have it here, where are you based?
I am in Wales, birth partners are only allowed in during active labour and then when you move from the labour room they have to go home. :( it has pushed so many women for home births but I am unable to have one.

have you looked into your birth? i am hopeful to birth in the pool, not sure on the pushing baby out, I think I would like to! Xx
Oh ok! I’m sorry to hear that but glad to hear things are going well!

I’m in the US. We are allowed to have one person with us the whole time. I cannot believe they send them home!! No wonder people want a home birth!
I had a very fast (3hours from contractions starting to holding her!) and smooth first birth so I’d love to do it at home anyway. But the US is still so behind in women’s care that my insurance doesn’t cover that or a birth center. So it makes it hard. We also don’t have birth pools at our hospital. If I lived a few hours away they do but not here. I am still going to go unmedicated this time like I did with my first.

It's so hard finding a new OB at 30 weeks pregnant. They don't accept Medicaid. My insurance switched my plan mid-pregnancy and my OB doesn't accept it.

The tooth pain is back and it's worse. It hurts to eat sometimes. Finding a dentist around where I live is hard. They're all an hour away, ugh.

I've been nesting. I built the minor things, cleaned my bedroom closet, and slowly putting smaller items where they belong (I have baby items scattered on the dining room table until the nursery is done), and finally, I'm waiting for the detergent I ordered from Amazon to come in so I can wash all his clothes, crib sets, etc.

I'm emotionally drained. From looking for a new OB, searching for a pediatrician, a dentist, getting the apt ready, making sure my dog sees a vet and is groomed before the baby is born... I feel like I'm doing everything by myself and it's just too much.

It's so hard finding a new OB at 30 weeks pregnant. They don't accept Medicaid. My insurance switched my plan mid-pregnancy and my OB doesn't accept it.

The tooth pain is back and it's worse. It hurts to eat sometimes. Finding a dentist around where I live is hard. They're all an hour away, ugh.

I've been nesting. I built the minor things, cleaned my bedroom closet, and slowly putting smaller items where they belong (I have baby items scattered on the dining room table until the nursery is done), and finally, I'm waiting for the detergent I ordered from Amazon to come in so I can wash all his clothes, crib sets, etc.

I'm emotionally drained. From looking for a new OB, searching for a pediatrician, a dentist, getting the apt ready, making sure my dog sees a vet and is groomed before the baby is born... I feel like I'm doing everything by myself and it's just too much.

oh no, you poor thing. So in USA, do you need the OB for labour? Or is it just the pregnancy?
Sorry in the UK we have a midwife and then I see a different dr everytime in hospital, I only see one as I am high risk. Then when it is time to birth, we just have whatever dr or midwife is on duty.

hope you are ok! It sounds like you have an awful lot going on :( make sure you are taking time to yourself. i feel far from nesting! I finish work in 2.5 weeks, I intend to do my list of things around the house then. Including sorting baby items xxx

Oh ok! I’m sorry to hear that but glad to hear things are going well!

I’m in the US. We are allowed to have one person with us the whole time. I cannot believe they send them home!! No wonder people want a home birth!
I had a very fast (3hours from contractions starting to holding her!) and smooth first birth so I’d love to do it at home anyway. But the US is still so behind in women’s care that my insurance doesn’t cover that or a birth center. So it makes it hard. We also don’t have birth pools at our hospital. If I lived a few hours away they do but not here. I am still going to go unmedicated this time like I did with my first.
I am glad to hear you can have someone for the entire time.
It is awful here, I am dreading it to be honest! But holding on to hope that things might change by then!
How are you doing? X

@tbfromlv oh really? So is it often just a labour ward birth?

It is pushed for a birth in a birthing centre or home here, if you can. Very into hypnobirthing etc.

How is everyone doing?

I can't believe we're talking about our birthing plan! I'm in the US. I think we need an OB I'm not sure, to be honest.

I want a delayed cord clamping/cutting. That's all I have right now lol.

My OB situation is fixed. It took a while but it turns out they have been getting paid so I can stay. The tooth pain came back. I've been procrastinating on seeing a dentist.
I'm also assuming the belly tightening is Braxton hick. They have been getting stronger. The pressure I get down there is annoying. It comes and goes. I'm so ready to pop!

How is everyone doing?

I can't believe we're talking about our birthing plan! I'm in the US. I think we need an OB I'm not sure, to be honest.

I want a delayed cord clamping/cutting. That's all I have right now lol.

My OB situation is fixed. It took a while but it turns out they have been getting paid so I can stay. The tooth pain came back. I've been procrastinating on seeing a dentist.
I'm also assuming the belly tightening is Braxton hick. They have been getting stronger. The pressure I get down there is annoying. It comes and goes. I'm so ready to pop!

i know, can you believe it is almost April?! It is crazy. I will be doing my birthing plan with my midwife Monday, then I will present it to my OB the following week. As the midwife is much more anti induction etc.

glad you have everything sorted, see if you can get in with a dentist. Here dental care is free during pregnancy and til they are 1, as pregnancy weakens your teeth so much.

i have looked into cord clamping too, will try and read about it by Monday.

i am so ready to pop too, I had 2 accidents this week, ended up in ED last night, sprained muscles at bottom of uterus and pelvis, so hope they fully heal!

how are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->