★ ★ ★ May & June 2021 Babies ★ ★ ★

Hope everyone is doing well!

I will make some adjustments to my birth plan with my first but otherwise things will stay the same: no interventions or medications unless medically necessary, I will labor in whatever position I want (never laying down!) and push in whatever position I want, absolutely NO coached pushing from nurses/doctors, delayed cord clamping of 2 minutes or more (last time I requested this and I definitely got only a minute or less!!), allow placenta to detach naturally, and requesting early discharge so long as me and baby are doing well!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I will make some adjustments to my birth plan with my first but otherwise things will stay the same: no interventions or medications unless medically necessary, I will labor in whatever position I want (never laying down!) and push in whatever position I want, absolutely NO coached pushing from nurses/doctors, delayed cord clamping of 2 minutes or more (last time I requested this and I definitely got only a minute or less!!), allow placenta to detach naturally, and requesting early discharge so long as me and baby are doing well!
This sounds perfect!

it is definitely along the lines I plan to go down.

I did a very brief one today, preferably water birth, midwife led. No drugs and delayed cord clamping and hopefully no induction.

waaah it is getting so close now!

I am so excited! OH gets home from his military deployment in 2 weeks and then we have 2.5 weeks til due date! I iwll be so happy when he is here and home! I can imagine I will be so happy il produce enough hormones to go into labour lol. Xxx

Pretty sure i lost my mucus plug yesterday. I had some consistent braxtin hick contractions the day before. Every half hour to 45 mins for a few hours. I'm 36 weeks now, so the twins should be fine to come at any time.

My csection is scheduled for the 21st, so I'm getting close to meeting my new littles.

This is very exciting! The end is imminent! 36 weeks is great :)

have you had any more tightenings since you lost the plug?

This is very exciting! The end is imminent! 36 weeks is great :)

have you had any more tightenings since you lost the plug?

I've been having more frequent tightening, but nothing painful or too close together. I have monitoring appts twice a week so if my contractions start getting close they should notice at those appts. Getting comfortable to sleep is impossible, i can't wait for these kids to get out so I'm not dealing with the pull of all that weight at night

I’m a little behind on this thread I think.

But my own update: induction in 10 days, at 1cm at my appointment a few days ago. Impatiently waiting now lol.

I've been having more frequent tightening, but nothing painful or too close together. I have monitoring appts twice a week so if my contractions start getting close they should notice at those appts. Getting comfortable to sleep is impossible, i can't wait for these kids to get out so I'm not dealing with the pull of all that weight at night
Oooh hope all has gone well since! Any update on the tightenings? Xx

I’m a little behind on this thread I think.

But my own update: induction in 10 days, at 1cm at my appointment a few days ago. Impatiently waiting now lol.

this is so exciting! How far gone will you be at induction? Do you mind me asking why you are being induced?

I have May 1st in my head- LO middle
Name is after my Nanna whose birthday would be May 1st, so it might be me being hopeful! how are you feeling? X

this is so exciting! How far gone will you be at induction? Do you mind me asking why you are being induced?

I have May 1st in my head- LO middle
Name is after my Nanna whose birthday would be May 1st, so it might be me being hopeful! how are you feeling? X

I will be exactly 39 weeks on my induction day. I have no real medical reason for be induced, this is just more of an convenience request as this is my 5th child and I was hopeful to have it a bit planned out so that things are a bit calmer.

I will be exactly 39 weeks on my induction day. I have no real medical reason for be induced, this is just more of an convenience request as this is my 5th child and I was hopeful to have it a bit planned out so that things are a bit calmer.
This definitely makes sense, fifth child definitely needs some planning. how are you feeling? Not long left now!

i have my consultant appointment in the morning, I am looking forward to hear what is going to be said!

Hey ladies, can I join you?
I am the lone straggler in my April group and feeling zero signs of anything. Historically I have days of contractions leading up to the real deal (happened every single time after my first) and that hasn't even begun, so I feel strongly I'll be a May mama.
Hope you all are well and it's ok for me to thread crash :)

I am the lone straggler in my April group and feeling zero signs of anything. Historically I have days of contractions leading up to the real deal (happened every single time after my first) and that hasn't even begun, so I feel strongly I'll be a May mama.
Hello, welcome to join. This thread is extremely quiet, but im sure the more, the better. I am due May 6th but definitely feel I will be before hand.
What date were or are you due?
Bless you, hope you are holding up ok, it sure does drag.

Xxx

@Becca_89 thank you, it’s ok that the thread is quiet! I was due April 24, so 40+4 today and just want to cry!

Welcome! How are you doing? Are they planning on inducing you soon?

I apologize for disappearing. I've been nesting and sleeping. I'm 1cm dilated. I was excited until I googled it and it was like don't be too excited it can stay that way for weeks... The nursery is set. Everything is in its proper place. I may change how I have his clothes in the dresser though.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Staying strong. Covid free or recovering.

@MrsKatie oh gosh, I feel that was at 39 weeks! The end is near, you have got it!! Have you got any signs or niggles?
I am symptom watching everything

Welcome! How are you doing? Are they planning on inducing you soon?

I apologize for disappearing. I've been nesting and sleeping. I'm 1cm dilated. I was excited until I googled it and it was like don't be too excited it can stay that way for weeks... The nursery is set. Everything is in its proper place. I may change how I have his clothes in the dresser though.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Staying strong. Covid free or recovering.

Nesting and sleeping sounds ideal! Im glad everything has got sorted!
My OH returned from his military deployment and has finished his 10 days isolation, so I am beyond happy he is here for the birth. we have sorted so much in the last week but so ready for this baby.

that is great you are already starting to dilate, definitely a positive, as that must mean your cervix has effaced!

hope everyone is well! So excited over here!

I can't believe all of us are due soon or overdue! It's crazy, time has definitely been flying.

Update on me:
I had a failed induction last Wednesday (39 weeks exactly), they had given me pitocin since I wasn't fully thinned out...contractions were every 2 minutes, but not doing a dang thing with my cervix. I have been at 2 cm dilated since 38 weeks, I have done 3 membrane strips as well, still nothing! He just is really chill in there, but had fun flirting with the ladies playing catch me, moving constantly, they had to come in every 10-15 minutes to move the heartbeat monitor, since they lost him <3

We will be going in for our 2nd induction on Monday; than I will be 39 weeks and 5 days. We will see what happens, DH and I are very laid back and understand things happen at the weirdest times....so hopefully this time works. The only real reason we are doing inductions is because just the convenience of our 3 children; makes it easier...I will keep everyone posted :)

I gave birth to my sweet baby girl on 4/27/2021.
She is perfect and everyone is adjusting pretty well.

Hey sorry I have been away ages life has been crazy!
Baby Lily born on the 30th April @ 8:27pm 39+1
6lb 6 1/2
19 inches long.
Had a problem with reduced movements and they booked me in for a
Induction on Friday 2pm I went there and they checked me before going to put in the pessaries but I was already 2cm and they could feel my waters so they broke them and put me on a hormone drip. After 2hours 27 mins she arrived on codine and gas and air.

B60D373C-6FE0-438A-9E10-CC0141B601DD.jpeg

Congratulations to those who have already had there babies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"