★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Joanna yay for your scan tomorrow!!! To answer your question: I'm not sure, I just know that those types of baby products are not being manufactured at the rate they used to be. I would assume car seats are probably still being manufactured at the normal rate but I couldn't tell you about any baby products/ furniture that aren't deemed essential. I would have thought that bedside bassinets are essential but maybe not. I think standard cribs are still mostly easy to find, but again, I haven't really looked at other products which is why I was surprised about the bassinets.

Sorry for the selfish post. Have been busy, will try to catch up later.

We are team pink again, but I had prepared myself so I didn't feel disappointed. I could tell DH was but he's come around more.

Also, confirmed I have an anterior placenta again which I suspected with me not feeling movement yet.

Hope everyone has a great day

Hi everyone

Flueky- well congrats on a healthy baby hun. Your dh will come around xx

I’m sooo glad to be 18 weeks and almost half way. Returned to school yesterday but only one grade is at school and most of the kids in that grade chose to stay at home. We’re continuing with online school and online classes via Teams meetings following the daily time table so I have a full day teaching but very few learners physically in my class- weird. The principal indicated today that he would like to employ me permanently (my contract was until end Dec) so I’ll have to think about it as the plan originally was for me to stay home and raise A for a year before returning to work (mat leave for teachers is 4 months). But now my husband is still not allowed to work under lockdown rules and I still don’t know if we are definitely going to split up... so I might have to revise my plan and go back to work when A is 4mo old. I’m torn!!!

I’m still barely feeling any movement....

Joanna, enjoy your scan!

So baby is a BOY!! :blue: I’m so excited and can’t stop smiling today :) He’s already proving to be like his big brother... the little monkey was in a little ball with his feet up by his face for the ultrasound. I’ll have to go back for another ultrasound so we can get a better look at his face profile. Took the tech ages to get his heart and spine but I think it was all good. Hopefully he’ll be in a better position for the next appointment next week haha.

Flueky - congrats on the team pink, I’m sure DH will come around. Once baby is here it won’t matter, he’ll fall in love instantly!

Fern - I didn’t start feeling any movement until the end of 18 weeks. Now by 20 weeks I only feel movement at the sides and low down, nothing out front where the anterior placenta is in the way. And I only really seem to feel much in the evenings when I’m watching tv. Congratulations on the job contract, hopefully you make the best decision for you and your family no matter what you decide.

Pineberry - Next time you update the first page could you change my due date to Oct 17th please? This changed at my 12 week scan when baby was measuring a week ahead. Due date is still on track for the 17th. Thanks!

Hi ladies, I’ve just found this thread, any chance I can join you?

I am due on 15th November with my second child. We were told my DD (who is 8) was our little miracle and that we wouldn’t get pregnant again without IVF.....well my body gave us a nice little surprise!!

I have a bicornuate uterus with a complete septum so my uterus is completely split in 2 (I see fostermom you have a unicornuate). Baby is in my left side which is the same as my DD was in and all seems to be going ok so far. Feeling some movements now and then for the past 2 weeks.

We will hopefully find out gender of baby but they won’t tell you here at the 20 week scanso we will need to book a private scan after the 20 week scan.

I hope you are all keeping well xx

Welcome @victorial8 and congrats on the surprise baby! It's nice to see someone else with a similar uterine situation. This is my first successful pregnancy so far (I'm assuming it'll make it to term at this point). Maybe you can help ease my mind because the type of anomaly you have sounds pretty similar in situation to having a unicornuate.

Yay for a successful scan Joanna! Yay for Team Blue and little monkeys!!!

Love Bug has been kicking like wild lately. Not all day and not consistently but I do now feel him everyday. 20 week scan is less than a week away now!!! Woohoo!

Welcome @victorial8 and congrats on the surprise baby! It's nice to see someone else with a similar uterine situation. This is my first successful pregnancy so far (I'm assuming it'll make it to term at this point). Maybe you can help ease my mind because the type of anomaly you have sounds pretty similar in situation to having a unicornuate.

Yay for a successful scan Joanna! Yay for Team Blue and little monkeys!!!

Love Bug has been kicking like wild lately. Not all day and not consistently but I do now feel him everyday. 20 week scan is less than a week away now!!! Woohoo!

I was so concerned the whole pregnancy with DD that she would come early, luckily she stayed out until 37+5 when my waters broke and she came by section due to being breech. She had got quite squished but was still 6lb 4oz and perfect other than talipes of the feet (from being squished up) which were sorted in her first 6 months of life with special boots. It’s amazing what your uterus can actually do even though it’s smaller than normal. We were completely prepared with hospital bag and things at home from 30 weeks just incase (I ended up washing that hospital bag so many times to keep it all fresh haha).

I’m trying my hardest to trust my body again this time and know that it has done it before and will manage again. It is nerve wracking but people with uterine anomalies like ours have carried twins to term so ours should manage to grow the one to term

Just wanted to update, I got to see our sweet girl again today and thought it was funny to confirm I also have an anterior placenta. Was suspicious due to minimal movement compared to my other three - only bits and only on sides. Always so fun to watch them wiggle on screen <3

@Flueky88 Aww, I think it’s totally understandable to feel some type of way at first when you’d hoped for a different gender. It’ll pass quickly! Congrats on your sweet baby girl! <3 :hugs2:

@Joannaxoxo Ooh I must have totally missed that - fixed that now and updated the front page with all the new genders. And congrats on precious baby boy! <3 Glad your ultrasound went so well :)

@victorial8 Welcome!!!!! :happydance:Congrats on your second little miracle! <3<3 That’s just wonderful! Added you to the frontpage of course,

@CC94 Yay for ultrasound! Glad you babygirl is doing well. And yes, it’s funny how the majority if not all of us seem to have anterior placentas so far :mrgreen:

Not much to update here! Babyboy has been kicking up a storm in the last 2-3 days, so since the beginning/ middle of week 22 - especially today & yesterday those kicks have been stronger than ever before and way more consistent. I can even see it on the outside now and caught it on video too! I’m loooving ittt!! So surreal and wild that I’m feeling "real" kicks now and not just the odd flutter here and there. Took a while too!

4 days left till the fetal echocardiography!

Victoria - welcome to the thread! Where about's in the world do you live? Around here (Canada), we can find out the gender at our 20 week scan, though many other countries find out even earlier.

Foster & Pineberry - yay for regular movement. Mine sounds similar... I feel kicks several times a day now but nothing is consistent. I've also started feeling kicks on the outside now, even managed to get my kids to feel 1 kick... DH wasn't in the room so he missed it lol.

CC94 - Congrats on the little girl. Another person with anterior placenta, myself included... this is my 3rd pregnancy and first time with anterior placenta. Certainly is strange feeling only movement on the sides or lower down.

Pineberry - thanks for updating the front page.

Not much to update here... having a hard time picking out a crib though. I don't want to spend a lot but also feel like if we get a new and cheap bed it will fall apart easily. Wondering if I should pick up a used crib, one of better quality but I can pay less for it? Perhaps I can't make up my mind because I know we still have lots of time left to go.

Victoria - welcome to the thread! Where about's in the world do you live? Around here (Canada), we can find out the gender at our 20 week scan, though many other countries find out even earlier.

Thanks ladies.

I am in Scotland. I’d love for them to tell me at the 20 week scan but it’s policy now to not tell people because of complaints of them getting it wrong or being the gender they didn’t expect ☹️ Would of saved us some money but we all want to know what baby is so will be worth the cost.

Been feeling movement a little more the past few days with proper jabs which is nice. Still no real pattern that I’ve noticed but I know that will come as it’s still quite early on for bubba. Should of been seeing midwife this week but because of the virus, they had no appointments left so I’m in in 2 weeks time instead. Hoping to hear the heartbeat then as I’ve not heard it yet.

Joanna what a funny dream. I've always been prone to vivid dreams, pregnant or not.

Congrats on baby boy! Also so cool you get another peek next week. Dd2 didn't cooperate for all the spine images so we had anotherat 24 weeks (she didn't have any other markers so they weren't really concerned).

Pine it always amazes me that AC isn't a standard everywhere. It gets pretty hot in the summer where I live and so humid. I just couldn't imagine not having it.

Awesome on picking your vehicle out! Do you have it now?

Are you doing a certain theme for the nursery?

Aww thanks, I think he's coming around. It didn't bother me any as I believed it was a girl so had already dealt with the initial grief. I'm excited to be a girl mom and love both my girls that are earthside so much!

Fern sorry you have more work on you at the moment. I hope it won't be too hard on you.

Also, I actually prefer winter to summer. Probably because we rarely dip below 0°F so it's not very cold. We get an occasional "good" snow, but most years a dusting to and 1-2 inches. I started to hate summer while doing home health. So awful getting in and out of a piping hot car all day long. Hard to keep drinks cool.

Maternity leave in my state is 16 weeks, just shy of 4 months. It's hard leaving them at first but it gets better. If that's the route you have to take. I'm feeling blessed that DH will be staying home to take care of the girls when I return, plus I mainly work from home.

Azure I hope you get your maternity close soon. I've started wearing mine as I'm too far gone for rubber band trick.

Co I hope everyone gets what they need for baby. So sad covid is effecting so much. I'm fortunate we have pretty much everything especially since we are team pink again.

Yay for more movements, I love feeling baby move. Especially when DH can feel them too. Also can't wait for all these 20 weeka scans :)

Victoria welcome and you are my due date buddy! That stinks they won't tell gender at 20 week scan.

Sorry appt was delayed too.

CC that is funny another anterior placenta in our group. Glad you got to see little miss.

Hi everyone, nice to see everyone is doing well!

Hi Victoria!! Welcome and congratulations!

Just quickly checking in. Very busy with school work but it’s ok so far, I’m just tired. I wish I could feel my baby move! Hopefully one of these days! Sometimes I think I feel a flutter on the left side. Yes it’s funny how many of us have anterior placentas!

Fern I've just started feeling occasional movement over the past couple days.

AFM Time for a better update. DH was considering a 4th at my appt Monday. I told him if he isn't sure then I could look into an IUD rather than him getting a vasectomy. I know it can be reversed but I feel if you are uncertain best not to go that route. I haven't asked him how he felt about a 4th since. I feel content with 3.

I've just started feeling movements since Tuesday. Ah so happy to finally feel them! I've been working on my registry which is just for me since I don't really need much. I plan to do a sprinkle but gifts aren't expected. I know some find it tacky but I find nothing tacky about spending time with friends and family celebrating a baby.

Our dishwasher stopped cleaning dishes last Thursday evening so I've been handwashing dishes. It's a chore I loathe. Repairman discovered our waah motor needs to be replaced so that stinks. I did figure it was something serious as we tried many different things trying to get it to wash properly. Part should be here Tuesday then they will call to schedule installation.

Our reveal went well Monday night. We shot off a firework that was pink with glitter effect. Very pretty and we had our family surprised.

Awesome on picking your vehicle out! Do you have it now?

Are you doing a certain theme for the nursery?

Yes, we picked it up at the end of May and are absolutely in love with it! Feels like such a luxury to be able to go grocery shopping with a car now - always used our bicycles before, which wasn't always convenient if we had huge grocery bags and / or bad weather.

Just really appreciate this new kind of flexibility and freedom! So many weekend roadtrips coming up. So many beautiful places in Portugal I haven't seen yet.

So we're not really doing a nursery per se - baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room for the first 6/7 months, and after that I'm planning to go the Montessori route and move him into a floorbed in the room next to ours (after 100% securing and baby-proofing the room ofc).

So what I call the "baby room" right now is the room where I'll change his diapers (on those white drawers- changing pad is ordered & on its way), as well as his play room and where we'll be doing tummy time on the floor, read books to him, etc.

It's still not finished but this is what we're working with:

611BE6A8-087C-4CD3-95BA-8790F8502D35.jpeg

Planning to order a huge beanbag to create a reading corner, and then some cute pics to hang on the wall etc. - dont wanna go tooooo overboard though, since we dont know how long we'll actually stay in this apartment.. if we find a good price on a big piece of land, we might just go for it (and get a prefab home to put on it).

How is everybody doing? I hope you ladies have had a wonderful weekend!! Babyboy has been a little more quiet these past few days, can't wait to see him tomorrow at the fetal echo <3

Morning All, hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Flukey - did you get your dishwasher fixed or replaced? I wish we had one lol... but washing dishes is just something we are used to doing so I don't think too much about it now. One day we might make space and put one in, but I'd be loosing some nice cupboards so that's why we haven't bothered with one yet.
What a cute gender reveal you did. I gave the kids a gift bag with some blue baby clothing in and they opened it up... got their reactions on camera and everyone was happy. Though about 10 minutes later my son did something to make his sister unhappy and my daughter started crying about having another brother haha.

Pineberry - Our baby will be sleeping in our room for the first 8-12 months too. Then we might move him in with his sister for about a year. We have lots of space in our finished basement, so my oldest might eventually get a bedroom downstairs and then the baby will have his own room. But we will make the decision when the time comes.
In our old house we knew we were going to sell eventually, so I never decorated with anything permanent (like bright paint), so instead we bought wall stickers to decorate the room... we had a safari theme with my oldest son, so his nursery had safari animals on the wall.
I've also noticed a decrease in baby movement over the past few days. Maybe they are busy growing... I still feel the odd movement and they are stronger (can feel them on the outside now too) but just less of them. I can also feel them a lot higher up now too, I think baby has changed positions because I was feeling lots of kicks down really low and at the ultrasound I was told he was in the breech position. Now I'm feeling the kicks high up.

Joanna and Flueky I’m glad your gender reveals went so well! I’m sad that I didn’t get to have one in the end because my husband refused (it was around the time he was kinda moving out) so I just sent my mom and sister a phone message to say I THINK it’s a boy and what his name is. :/ oh well. I’m still going to throw a baby shower and celebrate him, without husband and definitely without his side of the family! By that time we should be out of lockdown- Looking forward!!

Pineberry I love your idea of a playroom! Yes my baby will also be sleeping in my room for... idk, I’ve had my own separate room with my ds as company for the past 3 years so I guess A will also sleep with me for a good 3 years if we both want to! I had to move ds to his own room last week since I don’t want to disturb him in the early AM as I get ready for school. He took to it surprisingly well! Just one night of looking for me!

Flueky how’s your dishwasher!? I can’t imagine life without mine lol! However- now that I’m filling 2 teachers’ positions at school and running my own business after school hours, and my cleaning lady can’t come on her 2 days a week anymore (lockdown etc); I’ve started using a meal delivery service Mon-Fri for dinners. It’s amazing! I don’t have time to cook and it means way less dishes too! It’s also not that expensive! I’m using the extra time that I’ve gained to do the laundry and other cleaning. It’s a huge convenience! So I’ve not even really been using the dishwasher this past week come to think of it....

Other news- I had relatively lots of movement last week Thursday, it was amazing! I guess it’s the way he was lying that day. I think my placenta is moving upward a bit because I can feel him below and to the sides at the bottom. This happened after the most amazing, detailed dream of having contractions, having my water break, giving birth, seeing exactly what he looks like, feeding him and then driving us home from the hospital by myself! Lol. Maybe I’ve been reading too many birth stories haha.

Yesterday I had a bit of a scare- after a very bumpy car ride on a dirt road I had some light bleeding/red spotting. Dr said it’s ok though and very sternly told me to try to take things easier. Hah!

Sorry everyone have been super out of the loop - went camping this weekend for our 10th anniversary which was fun but also kind of a bust because it poured all day Saturday. A little rain isn't a problem, but when it's raining hard and it's cold, that just kind of spoils the fun.

Also, anatomy scan day tomorrow! AND I just found out that DH can come!!! Yay! The clinic literally changed their policy last week to allow one healthy adult "visitor" at appointments. SO excited.

Pine, that space looks like it'll be lovely for Baby! And Yay! New Car! Our baby will also be sleeping with us for the first 12 months and then into his own room.

Fern that's a crazy vivid dream! I had a dream this week that I unwrapped our frozen baby from a frozen meat package and he was only the size of my hand and sort of looked like an alien and I had to breastfeed him to get him to come alive. Freaked me out to be honest. But exciting that you had lots of movement! And I'm glad you're okay but seriously, do try to take it easy - I hope work gets a bit less strenuous/ stressful really soon but I'm also glad you've been able to get out of the house.

Flueky, I don't think I could survive without a dishwasher (I grew up without one until I was in high school and I was the person who always got stuck with dishes. Super sucked).

I'm sorry I didn't catch up with everyone. Will try to be more on top of it this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->