★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Co I hope the NST goes well! That stands for non stress test right? I’ve heard of it before on telly, I’m never sure what it is though? Is it like the monitoring we have here where they monitor the baby’s heart rate and check for any contractions etc or is it something different? I’m glad you’re being so well looked after and cared for! Hopefully baby stays in as long as possible!

Cat you poor thing! Are you still in hospital? Hope they’re taking good care of you and Bonnie and can do something to help all the pain. Not great in this heat either!

Joanna all that movement is so reassuring if a little exhausting at times! I can spend what feels like hours a day just watching the movement in my bump now!

Fern I hope you enjoy your long weekend and get some time to relax! Your ticker is very confusing, I had to google who that was and I still don’t get it :haha:

It’s so hot here today (by north east England starts anyway) and I’m not loving how humid it feels. Baby is moving around more and more which is wonderful but I had some very painful body parts to the ribs action earlier and spent the best part of an hour trying to get the baby to move down a bit! Just a bit hot and grumpy today I think! I can’t wait for autumn, it’s my favourite time of year anyway but will be extra exciting this year!

Catmum the day you can’t complain or vent or just tell your story/whatever you need to get off your chest, on HERE, will never come :) I complain about work, husband etc all the time on here because just getting it off my chest helps keep me sane... and Imo the support is so great. Please don’t fret. I’m glad to hear you are getting proper care but sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I’m also taking a ton of medication for anxiety disorder and panic attacks & mood stabilizers; I tried reducing my dosage when ttc with ivf but ended up feeling like I was dying with panic attacks and am now on higher doses due to my increased weight... I have to go back now in Aug to have the dosages re-evaluated... I felt horrible at the start of my pregnancy and so guilty but ALL of my doctors have said that if mom is not healthy it has a worse effect on baby than the medications *might* have. It sucks but sometimes there’s no option. I’m sure they won’t prescribe anything that’s outright dangerous. Keep us updated!

Co how did the test go? I’m also curious as to how it works exactly?

I had such a lovely day! I managed to exchange unwanted gifts from mil for much needed baby clothes. Got a free baby gift box from my medical aid provider with a few cool goodies inside. Had breakfast and cake lol then spent a few hours browsing the rest of the mall (even though it’s probably not a great idea re social distancing but I wasn’t in any crowded stores) including checking out birth stone rings. My wedding ring was stolen so now I wear a ring with a garnet stone (G’s birth stone) on my ring finger and love it so much that I want to get A’s birth stone for my other hand. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be October- opal. I can’t remember the last time I browsed my favorite stores. Since Covid it’s been pretty much rush in and out. I hope I don’t regret it but ended up spending 4 hrs in the mall! Much needed me-time :)

I’m slowly getting A’s things together. Will hopefully sort out another little section of the rooms tomorrow. Can’t wait for the baby shower and then to pack my hospital bag etc! Getting the nursery and clothes etc ready for baby really is part of the fun for me. Like I said hopefully in Sept I’ll have a teeny bit more time over weekends and will definitely put it to good use. I want everything done by the first week of October.

I think I must get a different ticker lol... I’m sure the site was hacked hahaha! On the other hand I want to see what happens when it ticks over to 28 weeks?

Co thank you I'm feeling a lot better and only needed the morphine 2x today which was good. How did the nst go and I'm curious like the others?

Jelly I thought I recognised your name u have a 2013 Oct baby so do I, was you on here then?? I'm Norfolk in the UK and dying in this heat lol hopefully be cooler tomorrow!

Fern that really is very sweet thank u so much for the reassurance, just feel all I do is moan lol. I have had a much better day today so moderated bed rest really is the way to go lol

Iv decided on the elective section this time round for various reasons but I'm most looking forward to turning up with my partner and spending a few kid free hours with him before and the after booking a mother and baby room so he can help me in the night this time xx

Oh yh and I'm 30 weeks now!! Just 10 left can count it on 2 hands eeek

Catmum I’m glad you’re feeling better :)

I’ve also got 10 work weeks left before I stop at 38 weeks (after them telling me I’m not allowed to, hah!).

Fern I need you to keep that ticker! I have to know what 28 weeks will be :haha:
Glad you had a good time shopping, it feels so good just to get out and do normal things!

Cat I’ve been on here since we started TTC back in 2011 and was on here loads when I had my October 2013 baby! We must’ve talked back then!
I’m up in North Tyneside so cooler than the rest of the country but still struggling with the heat. At least it’s less muggy today but been to a friend’s garden today for a play date (I feel like that’s all I do at the moment!) and was roasting in the sun! I feel sorry for everyone down south. I lived in Cambridge when I had eldest back in 2013 and that summer was so hot. I was miserable with it!

My massive order of baby stuff from Amazon has started arriving today and it feels like Christmas. So exciting!

Hey all! Yes the NST (non stress test) went perfectly. Jelly - yes, that's exactly what a NST is.

Anyone have experience with moving house at 7 months pregnant or later? Our landlord pretty much is treating us so terribly (and we are good tenants so this makes zero sense) that I'm just so incredibly stressed out about it and feel like this place isn't home anymore which is driving me nuts because my urge to nest is PURE INSANITY.

@jellybeanxx didn't realise we were so close, I'm North East England too, County Durham... Wish I was tyneside as you have some of the most beautiful beaches round your way, we are regular visitors! xx

Hey all! Yes the NST (non stress test) went perfectly. Jelly - yes, that's exactly what a NST is.

Anyone have experience with moving house at 7 months pregnant or later? Our landlord pretty much is treating us so terribly (and we are good tenants so this makes zero sense) that I'm just so incredibly stressed out about it and feel like this place isn't home anymore which is driving me nuts because my urge to nest is PURE INSANITY.
Sorry it doesn't feel like home anymore. I moved out of my parents home into my first home when I was 8 months pregnant with my first, I just made sure I had lots of pairs of hands to help with any lifting so I wasn't tempted to do it myself for ease. I felt a bit like I was being bossy as I just sort of stood around directing people but it was totally manageable and I loved how new and fresh everything felt for baby's arrival.
I'd say if your not happy and you can find somewhere you love before baby comes then go for it. I think it's better moving when pregnant than moving with a small baby xx

Jellybean odd how close you were haha what baby bits did you get? I'm so glad I did all mine early, with all this pain I'd be useless!!

Co I'm glad the nst went well no experience in moving tho sorry

Afm iv got my consultant appointment tomorrow and I'm feeling a little anxious because I want my plans finalised and a date for the section if they keep trying to put me off I won't be happy. I reckon it will be around 38-39 weeks because the medication I'm on x

Cat I got so many things :haha: mattresses for the Moses basket and next to me and sheets for them as well, swaddle blankets, a changing bag, nappy cream, nipple cream, maternity pads and a few other random bits including a Christmas present for the baby (sensory tummy time mat). Trying to find places to store it while we’re sorting out the kids bedrooms is a pain though!
Hope your consultant appointment goes well and you get a date for your section booked in!

Jess that is very close by! I do feel very fortunate to have such beautiful beaches in walking distance from my house. The pelvic pain is making walking on sand quite challenging at the moment though!
I get quite envious of the snow you get down in County Durham in winter though. I’m always looking at the weather for places like Consett and getting jealous :haha: and Beamish is one of my favourite places ever. We go every Christmas!

Co I’m glad the NST went well! Sorry you’re having a bad time with your landlord though. I’ve moved when my babies have been young both times now and I do think moving when pregnant would’ve been easier! Hope you find somewhere you love soon!

Co_foster glad your baby passed his first test! I have no experience moving while pregnant but we did huge home renovations while pregnant and then again when ds was 12 mo and moving stuff around & fixing things up with a baby is way harder than when pregnant, even though it’s a bit more tiring when preggies. I’m sure your nesting instinct will really help with the unpacking and decorating if you do need to make a move now. Good luck!

I also want to go walk on a lovely beach now :)

Jelly it’s nice to get things sorted isn’t it. That’s literally ALL I want to do. And spend time with ds1 before his brother gets here. My free baby bag full of goodies (reward from a local pharmacy where you just need to spend a minimum amount) is ready and I can’t wait to go and pick it up; also sort out A’s bed and the rest of his nursery!

Including this week- 10 weeks of teaching left/49 teaching days. Any other year, (without covid and without having to do both my job and the job of the teacher who quit), I would have been looking forward to the last stretch before exams but this year.... fckit I can’t find any joy in it. Almost done...

So nearly there fern keep going your doing amazingly!! Ohh what did you get in your goody bag I love a freebie lol!!

Afm we are holding a small joint party for mine and my partners daughter on Thurs and for some reason this has made my partner really really stressed it's a bad time to be stressed as I already have a lot of guilt I can't do anything to help really xx

Hi All! So many updates since I was last here, which feels like ages ago. Glad to hear everyone is still trucking along well and big hugs to those going through some ups and downs with everything. Also saw some 3d/4d pics in there which were amazing!

Life has been insane and I don't see it letting up at all until baby arrives. We had a lovely vacation up north and didn't need to cut it short as my partner's mother's surgery was moved. Oh, and I guess I can finally stop calling him my partner (or boyfriend, which was so juvenile), as we're now engaged! He popped the question while we were on vacation and it was so perfect - and very unexpected!! We had planned the baby thing knowing we'd deal with marriage at some other point in our lives so it wasn't a priority. He hadn't mentioned a thing to me (or anyone in the family), either, so it was a total surprise.

The timing was a bit amusing, too, since the night before we were out fishing on the lake and he got a hook stuck in his leg (ouch!!) so we spent a good several hours in the hospital to get it removed. Each time interfacing with someone and referring to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend while being grown adults with a baby on the way was just so silly lol. Wedding will come in a couple of years, though. Baby is priority #1 we have way too much going on right now to give any attention to a wedding of any sort.

As for the little guy... kicking has gotten INTENSE! He has quite the blast in there some days, especially after dinner and throughout the night. There are some pretty hefty kicks in there from time to time, too, that take me by surprise. Crazy seeing my belly moving with him in there doing his thing.

I also second/third hating having to ask/wait for help with certain things (lifting, etc.) as well as being told by everyone to stop doing certain tasks that I know are within my capabilities. I'm pregnant, not broken! But I think that attitude makes it all the more frustrating when I'm faced with something I can't do. Which seems to include dealing with anything socks/shoes lately LOL

Working on booking our 3D/4D ultrasound for week 28 or 29 - just waiting to hear back from them. Super excited for that! Also finally "finished" our baby registry in time for my mom to finally decide on a date for the baby shower (mid-September) so now family is going crazy buying us some goodies. We'll be buying furniture this month for the nursery and start plotting out paint colors.

Very curious to read what's in everyone's hospital bags as this is something that I haven't even started thinking about yet! Eek!! Still plenty of time but time has been flying....

I want to start getting excited for the baby to arrive but we have so many non-baby things to do before he gets here. The list is ridiculously long of major things (prepping a rental property, selling a house with a deadline before we can move into our new one, moving, future MIL's surgery, work) and it's so darn stressful. That list excludes getting the nursery ready, making sure we have everything, etc!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week. I'll drop a little bumpie from three weeks ago at 24 weeks (apologies if I already shared and forgot.... all of you know how it is with baby brain!). Hoping to stay more in tune with the thread and what's going on with everyone and not be so selfish with posts!!

bump_24w.jpg

@AzureOrchid massive congratulations on the engagement! Lovely news!!

I have just started getting serious about my hospital bag over the weekend though I haven't got very far with it :roll:
Baby's bag is coming along nicely though. I have put together a few little ziplock bags with a vest/sleepsuit/nappy in each one with a label on saying either "newborn" or "bigger". This may seem like over planning but my OH is not good in hospitals and not good with blood etc so this is incase he is a bit shaky when baby arrives and I am unable to direct him to what he needs. This is our first baby together, it's been 10 years since his son was born and he had his ex-mil in the room then who took over so I'm under no illusions that he might be a bit clueless, bless him!
Newborn size is up to 7lbs 6oz and the bigger is up to 10lbs. My firstborn was 8lbs 15oz so newborn would have been a bit of a squeeze but then my next two were 6lbs 15oz and 6lbs 11oz so the bigger size looked ridiculous on them.
OH's son was 10lbs 11oz...im hoping this baby is not anywhere near that size!!
I have then put in 10 cloth nappies as that is what we will be using after the very first nappy, 3 Muslins, a pack of water Wipes and my mam is currently on knitting me a matching yellow cardigan and hat to go in.
I will have a bag ready at home incase of a longer stay with more nappies and outfits etc in that somebody can just grab and drop off for me if need be.
Oh I also have one box of the ready made milk with the teat attachments to go in, I'm aiming to breastfeed for the first few feeds but I know i probably won't continue for long so taking the milk to have for when I decide enough is enough xx

My bag so far consists of...
1 pack of maternity pads :lol: not going to get very far with those. Shopping for me just isn't as fun though xx

Hi All, hope everyone had a good weekend? I'm still on work sharing at work, so I had a nice 4 day weekend and am back to work today. I've got lots of the baby stuff prepared and have mostly bought everything we need (just haven't picked up a baby monitor yet). We've mostly purchased newborn size clothing as my kids have been small (5lbs 13oz & 6lbs 6oz)... so expecting another little one.... though I'm crossing my fingers to get a 7lb baby this time! I haven't packaged the hospital bags yet but did just wash all the baby clothing yesterday... so packing the bags are the next priority. 30 weeks here... and all I can think is that my daughter was born at 36 weeks... less than 6 weeks from now! Hopefully this little one holds on a couple weeks more then that though.

Co - I'm glad the NST test went well! I haven't moved while pregnant but did move with little ones... not sure which would be harder. Is it possible to hire a moving company who will do all the heavy lifting so you don't need to feel guilty letting family/friends do the work?

Catmum - sorry you were in hospital for a few days. Has the pain subsided? It's amazing what our bodies go through during pregnancy and what we put up with for so long but we wouldn't want it any other way if only to keep baby in there longer. Keep being strong mamma!

Azure - congrats on the engagement! What a nice time to propose while on holiday.

Hi everyone. Trying to catch up but struggling to remember who said what and when etc, I’m so sorry

I’ve never moved whilst pregnant so can’t comment, but as someone else said, the nesting would be awesome for getting everything in place haha.

Sorry some of you have been in hospital or feeling unwell. I hope all is better now. These babies cause such a worry.

Hospital bags....I’ve kind of started mine but not got a huge amount yet. Need to get a dark coloured thin nightgown to throw on when going to the toilet etc but can’t find one I like just yet. I’ve got some of the toiletries and one nightie but need other nightwear. I can’t remember what I had last time but know that I would need a nightie if I still had the catheter in after the section but would feel happier with pyjama bottoms after to help keep maternity pads in place
I do remember I also put babies clothes in sets in ziplock bags. Made my husbands life so much easier when I just told him what to grab and he didn’t have to worry. I also had more at home ready should it have been a longer stay and all of that was labelled too...including items for me.

I hope you are all doing well. I’m starting to find myself more breathless when I’m doing things or depending on little mans position. Can’t believe how quickly time seems to be passing tho

I love the idea of putting items in zip lock bags and labeling! Definitely sounds like it would make life so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->