★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Ah yes they did mention possible urine infection. They've sent it off to labs for growth and will let me know if need antibiotics xx

Good luck, Flueky! Hope you can find the perfect place for your new home.

Glad to hear the BBQ wasn't too bad Jess. Hope everything went well today... sounds like quite the busy day. Also glad to hear the scan went well, despite no picture!

I second the partner policy bit. I just found out from my OB how things have been working here and my partner is NOT happy! Only recently did they let partners actually stay past labor and they're only allowed to stay if you have a fully private room. Fortunately we have coverage for that but it may be a gamble whether we actually get a private room that day. Fingers crossed we don't revert back to Stage 2 or anything like that or he'll be restricted quite a bit.

That's great about the midwife, jellybean!

Yikes, Fern. That really sucks with your husband. I hope he starts picking up some slack soon for you - you shouldn't have to do everything yourself and he should be more considerate!

co home hunting is so stressful! It must be quite the relief to find the right place, finally, though now all the other stress starts of moving. Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Ugh! Had our 3D/4D ultrasound this evening and due to life being as it is, wasn’t able to get a meal in prior (he’s most active after dinner). So, of course, he was in a little ball with hands, feet and cord in front of his face. Refused to move except to turn and face away at another point! Nothing seemed to work so we have to reschedule for next week. Disappointing :(

Will have a proper read through and reply later but Jess just wanted to say that NICE guidelines for blood sugar testing in pregnancy are below 5.3 fasting (so first thing in the morning before you eat) and below 7.8 for one hour after meals. Hope it all goes well!

Co I’m really glad you found somewhere, I hope the packing and moving goes well so you can be settled in your new place soon!

Azure I hope your next 4D scan is more successful! These partner policies and a lot of policies at the moment feel so uncertain and up in the air. It’s hard to have the extra worry at the moment! I keep hoping things will be better by the time we have our babies but it’s getting so close now!

Co_foster I’m glad you’ve found a new place and I’m sure you will be very happy there. Hope you have lots of help for when you need to move.

So I’ve been admitted to hospital for pain, no labour luckily but had blood tests done to check for any infection. My f@cking husband threw a massive tantrum- he said I have to speak to his mother, to which I answered I’m in hospital, in pain and scared so I’m not talking to her, he can talk to her and tell her I’m ill if he wants. (I had to cut ties with her and Fil because they are egging him on to leave me “with nothing” and they want him to “take the kids so that they can raise them” when we get divorced, no secrets about it). He is so angry with me and shouted about how he now has to go to the trouble of driving around to fetch our son and bringing me a hospital bag and how his poor mother is going to feel about all this (she hates me! She probably hopes I die so she can take my kids!) I’m so devastated. I keep hoping things will change but it’s so very clear that he feels nothing for me. I wish I had the luxury of being concerned about a partner policy but obviously I have no partner.

Last edited:
OMG Fern! I hope you and baby are alright. :hugs2:

Also... what an utter jerk! I'm so sorry you have to deal with all that drama on top of being in the hospital. You shouldn't have to deal with it at all, period, but definitely not at a time like that. :( Big hugs!

I’m so sorry Fern. Just reading about him makes me so angry for you. I really really think you’d be so much happier without him and I hope you’ll still take that step sometime soon. He is an absolute ass unfortunately, selfish to the core and has no regard for you. You deserve so so much better than that. Also, I hope you feel better soon pain-wise and that there doesn’t turn out to be any infection. Hugs!!

Jelly - Happy to read that your growth scan went well. Lovely ultrasound photo too <3

Jess -
I’m glad your scan went well! And how cute that babe’s got lots of hair. I wish I knew if mine had too, I dont think they check that here! Not sure if 4lbs is particularly big for your gestation, did they tell you the percentile? Your ticker says 4 and a half lbs though, so seems about right i.e normal range :D

Flueky - how exciting you’re looking at pieces of lands and possibly getting a house soon. Actually that’s our exact plan too - buy a huge plot of land and a manufactured home. Modular homes are so so nice nowadays, durable and made of great material.

Joanna - yes I also think he’ll be totally fine past 34 weeks, and he’s such a strong lil babe I dont think he’d need to stay in the hospital for long. I won’t lie, I wouldn’t mind THAT much if he comes in week 34. Also, decreased movement - tell me about it!! My lil guy was so quiet on Sunday and half of Monday, I panicked and went to urgent care. Got an NST done and all was fine. :oops: They did say it was good I came in though, and to never wait a day when you notice lack of movement.

co - Thanks for the good vibes! :hugs:i feel totally positive too. Lil guy could come next week and i wouldn’t be mad about it. He’d be fine and let’s face it, I just wanna meet him so badly already. Also, CONGRATS on the move!!! That is so exciting and I’m jealous! Hope everything goes smoothly!

Azure - Aw I’m sorry hun! That must have been disappointing. I’m sure it’ll go smoothly at the next one.

Just got back from seeing my doc, he checked my cervix and it’s about the same length as it was last week, or about 2mm shorter (22mm now). So I dont think I’ll be going into labour anytime within the next 7 days at least; though I have no idea how quickly cervix length can change. I’ll also stop working completely within the next 2 weeks (have been doing home office the past 6 months) so then it’s just a waiting game from there!

Got my hospital bag packed, all baby clothes washed, and car seat installed - so we should be good to go even if bub makes an early entrance!

Fern you poor thing! I know it’s difficult but I really hope you get as far away from that man as possible. You and your children deserve so much better my lovely! I hope you’re being well looked after in hospital and they can get that pain sorted soon.

Pineberry I hope you’re manage to get plenty of rest and taking it easy. Hopefully your cervix will continue to behave and baby can stay in for as long as possible. Every extra day will make a difference now!

@Fern81 sorry to hear he's being so awful! Hope you and baby are OK and your hospital stay is a brief one. Sending love x

@Pineberry just looked in my notes and baby seems to be sitting between the 25th and 50th centile on the graph they've plotted so i guess not that big xx

Fern - oh my goodness! First, your husband is a complete ass. You deserve better and I hope your social worker/ lawyer can help you get out of that situation asap. Second, I hope the hospital is taking good care of you and getting the pain to go away. Can the people at the hospital help you with your home situation? Sometimes they have lots of resources for people going through similar things.

Pine - take it easy!!!! Also, 34 weeks is considered moderate preterm, meaning, it's not quite early term but it's way better than the other two preemie categories. Also, preemies are categorized by two things - birth weight and gestational age. So, if your little bub is born around 5 or 6lbs, despite being early, he might not even be categorized as preemie and won't spend a long time in the NICU. Finally, big babies have WAY less health risks and potential complications, despite being born early, than small babies. You are in good shape. Obviousy, I hope he stays in there for you as long as possible, but I think you're gonna be great and no matter what happens at the birth (VB or C-Sec), it will be perfect because the end result is all that matters: healthy baby, healthy mama.

I meant to respond to the belly comments in my last big post - for me it's the exact opposite - this baby and my bump have been so small, someone telling me that I look small or that they didn't know I was pregnant really upsets me. It's obvious that I'm pregnant now, but if I were an observer of my belly, I wouldn't have guessed that I'm 30 weeks pregnant, honestly. I would have guessed maybe 6 months/ 24-26 weeks pregnant. When I lay down on my back, I'm not sure I even have a belly lol. Anyway, I'm sure I'd feel like everyone else about "big" comments if I weren't so worried about this baby being so small.

I have just been discharged, no huge problems eg prem labour, placental abrubtion or chorio-amniotic infection. Dr says there’s a number of non-specific things that could have caused such pain and that I must take it easier & eg stop carrying my son! Was able to drive home by myself but I took pain tablets just now and will be taking a nap. Sleeping in the hospital was near impossible because the staff was SO LOUD! Laughing, singing, screeching laughter at jokes, clapping hands, talking loudly in general... omw if I need to labour there at night I’m going to be straight forward and tell them to please keep quiet. It’s a cultural thing so I know they didn’t mean anything by it but I didn’t sleep.

In nicer news, I got my free baby bag from the pharmacy next to the hospital! It’s so cute, grey and white canvas and quite large. It contains:
Matching canvas baby changing pad
Baby wipes
Pregnancy shake sample
Unscented infant glycerine soap
150 Baby nappy bags
Baby laundry wash
Mom shampoo sample
2 nappies (sample pack)
Scent free baby lotion
Bum cream
Stretch mark massage lotion
Tommee tippee pacifier
Maternity disposable underwear
Pack of Cotton tip buds
Maternity pads
Sample pack nursing pads
Surgical spirits (we use it to wipe the umbilical cord)
Tweezer (not sure why lol)
Baby shampoo, baby oil and baby lotion- travel sizes, scented so I’ll use it when he’s a bit older
Nuk breast milk storage container (can be used as feeding bottle too, just needs a Nuk bottle nipple which I have)

Yay!

Last edited:
Here it is.
In another baby box from the medical aid fund I only got a few items but including a nice pregnancy book, nuk paci and car window sun screens though.

DA9A2418-6701-4F42-8A17-9B756304686A.jpeg

Last edited:
On top of that I’ll also get another baby bag full of baby & pregnancy toiletries, nappies, pads nipple cream etc as a gift from the hospital when I go into labour so I don’t need to pack any of those types of things just my personal everyday toiletries, clothes and home comforts.
After this hospital stay I know I’m definitely packing ear plugs and 2 of my own pillows for labour plus snacks and electrolyte drinks/soda water!
Oh and I was impressed with the labour/birthing rooms. They have a large tub and shower, 2 birthing balls and the bed was quite comfy. (I stayed in a birthing room instead of a general ward because my covid status was unknown)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->