♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Giggle I’m glad it’s normal but oh my god it’s annoying! It seems to hit when I get up off the floor now too :( I agree with MissMarple on the powder, I used some in the summer and it helped stop pimples in awkward places. Either that or it’s an ingrown hair maybe?

Molly that’s no good :( hopefully those antibiotics kick in soon and clear things up fast :hugs:

MissMarple lets hope when your waters go it’s an obvious gush, there’s no mistaking that!

W8ting yay for being head down!

Jamers he’ll be a little chunk Like you say try not I worry too much about it, there is w risk but it’s not always definitive <3 Being breech though they don’t worry til about 36/37 weeks I think, he’s still got time to do some more somersaults I guess!

Hi ladies just checking in.

Life’s a bit hectic here only 1 more week left until maternity kicks in woohoo!

I literally have no fully functioning limb I have awful carpal tunnel in both hands, sciatica in my left leg and then in the night twice I got an awful cramp in my right calf which had left me feeling like I’ve pulled a muscle. Then on top of that I’ve got my two boys to look after plus working as a gymnastics coach! It’s so hard but one more week to push through and il have a little relief

Jamers I hope things don't come to a c section for you but if it happens, your mindfulness for little one will put your fears of surgery aside and you just go into "ok let's do this" mode i think. At least that's how it was for me and ds1. Ds2 was another story as i was in labor for 34 hours, then pushed for 2 hours before taken back for emergency cs. That sucked and I was a mess.

Yikes Molly!!! I hope you recover quickly!

W8 yay!!! Locked and loaded!

Miss I guess I'll be thankful for small boobs :haha: I think this may actually be an ingrown hair situation.

Ems goodness woman what are you doing sitting on the floor?! How do you get back up? :haha:

Wrig I am so sorry you are having all these issues!

I imagine we're all getting quite uncomfortable now but the end is in sight!

Wriggley that week will fly by! Then a lovely long holiday.. sort of. Hopefully free of pain too if you get a good rest.

Giggle it’s because my lovely first born can be quite demanding and keeps telling me ‘mom.. in tent!’ So it’s a get on the floor and hope you don’t get beached situation :haha:

Did anyone else’s kids say mom instead of mummy?! She’s also learnt to open the stair gate on her bedroom door.. luckily we live in a flat but I hope she doesn’t do it when the health visitor comes next week eeeek

I think I’m ready and the baby’s area is all ready and clothes are all washed!! Now just impatiently waiting lol

Giggle, plenty of reason to be happy for small boobs! lol. You don't want my shoulder pain.

I am waiting to buy some important stuff till I see what some family members send for Christmas, so long as baby doesn't come extra early I won't live to regret this choice! What I really need to get done this month is declutter baby's room which is half baby's room and half still full of my junk (books, sporting equipment, etc) that I stored in there when it was my spare room. The main furniture is in place, but missing the changing table pad, crib mattress and sheets, baby monitor, and bassinet for our room, which a kind but bossy friend chastised me today is a HUGE waste of money. [-X[-X

DH wants her to sleep in our room for a while because that's what they said at the parenting classes, and he thinks the nurses know a lot more than I do, that's for sure. Also it's only $45 and it has a zip cover that will keep my nosy kitties out. All knowing friends are so great, right? :-({|=

Ems lol! I did ds2's diaper change on the floor today then just sat there like...hmm...how am i going to get up? :rofl: Also ds1 said "mommy", ds2 says "mama" but only randomly, not to actually call me -.- he says "papa" to call his favorite grandparent though. Makes me feel a bit snubbed :haha:

Bbb i got a "wild hair" to organize this past weekend...spent Sunday pulling out all my 0-3month clothes and folded them and put them in the drawer. A couple days earlier I (by myself mind you!) assembled the crib and put it in place. Ds2&3 will be ultimately sharing a room.

Miss we had both boys in our room in the early days, and had them nap in their cribs/own rooms so transitioning into their rooms later wasn't so bad. We got a bedside sleeper with ds2 and intell ya, one of my best purchases! It helps at first when you just want to make sure they're ok all night, and then helpful for breastfeeding in the middle of the night because you can just pull them into your bed. It also makes diaper changes easy enough. Basically anything you can do to streamline things at night will be helpful. I would have kept ds2 in our room longer but he started trying to climb early and I was afraid he was going to climb/fall out!

Is everyone fully prepared and purchased everything they need now?

Pretty much ready but kinda wanting to get a wubbanub now that everyone that has one loves it! Baby's room is ready. Just got to organize the house little better. I haven't pre-cooked any meals at all

Miss: none of what you listed of the things you need to get is a waste of money. When you're having your first baby everyone wants to act like they know everything. Also, anything that you find you don't use as much you can sell through the buy/sell groups in your area on Facebook.

As for me, I still have baby clothes to sort through and finishing packing up my hospital bag.

Do you all have two waterproof mattress covers and sheets for things like bassinets and pack and plays, or is one enough since you can stick the baby somewhere else while you wash it? I went with two for the crib mattress.

Trying to maximize my amazon completion discount but not waste money, thanks!!!

DEFINITELY two! Sometimes the soil the bed at night and it's easiest just to change it right then and there.

A little "mom hack" is to put two sets of sheets on the mattress so when one gets soiled, you just pull it off and the next set is already on and ready to go.

Streamlining :haha:

Wtf is a wubbanub???

Lol that's what I thought when I first heard the name too haha
I guess ppl swear by it cause it doesn't get lost as easy and baby can grip the stuffy with their little hands
They have a bunch of different types of stuffies

Wubbanub.jpg

Wriggley- I feel your pain with carpal tunnel have it as well. Is yours pregnancy related, mine is. Hopefully it clears up as soon as baby gets here

Last edited:
Just looked up a wubbanub. I had no idea they had names!

I say either get one and leave it in its packaging or wait on it yntil you know if your baby will even accept a binky or not. My first just spit it out. The second used one but only for a very short period of time.

Also I know two kids who use them alllll the time, one is over a year old and one is almost 3. Different families, and both kids are non verbal. They always have a wubbanub in their mouths and I'm wondering if there's a connection there, like they prefer to have something in their mouth and have learned to communicate with hand gestures instead.

This is obviously purely anecdotal. They are the only kids i know who use them so that was just my observation/concern.

Just looked up a wubbanub. I had no idea they had names!

I say either get one and leave it in its packaging or wait on it yntil you know if your baby will even accept a binky or not. My first just spit it out. The second used one but only for a very short period of time.

Also I know two kids who use them alllll the time, one is over a year old and one is almost 3. Different families, and both kids are non verbal. They always have a wubbanub in their mouths and I'm wondering if there's a connection there, like they prefer to have something in their mouth and have learned to communicate with hand gestures instead.

This is obviously purely anecdotal. They are the only kids i know who use them so that was just my observation/concern.

Good to know thank you - My main idea was just to use it in certain occasions not all the time. I'd rather babe depend on mom and dad;)

Baby boy was born on Friday via c-section at 35w1d. Suspected placenta failure/insufficiency.

He’s in the NICU and I’m still recovering in the hospital.

Congratulations on your baby boy ER! Sorry that your placenta started to fail, that must of been scary.

Was he a good weight?

I hope his stay in NICU will be a short one and you recover speedily from your C-section.

Congratulations on your baby! Hope your both doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->