♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Congratulations to the new ladies. @Rach87 hope your husband gets better soon and you and your kids are going to be well.
I have been very busy with work and sickness kicked in this week, so have been extra tired. Had some pink discharge and cramps last night and more pink when wiping this morning, called the GP and was given a midwife phone number, the midwife was very sharp on the phone, told me that no one will see me unless there is heavy bleeding on lots of pain and just to wait and see what will happen. I had a phone call from another midwife a few hours later to book my first appointment a talk me through my concerns. Luckily the second midwife was very kind and reassuring. Discharge has been normal since the morning, so Im trying to stay positive but it is not always easy.

I am so sorry! I have had bleeding and spotting in both of my previous pregnancies and thankfully they turned out okay! I am having light brown spotting now! I hope that the bleeding/spotting stops soon and that you go on to have a H&H 9 months! Big hugs to you! XOXO

@Reiko_ctu oh no how are they? Dh i thought was getting better by yesterday he looked rough and was coughing a lot. I got a pulse ox and his oxygen level is at 91% so is very borderline needing to go to the hospital. Our friend is a P.A. so he’s going to call him today to get some direction. I just really hope i don’t get it. I made the mistake of googling covid and early pregnancy, not good. :( Thankfully he has a great job and they put him on workmen’s comp until he’s better. I should have my results by 5pm today. How are you? Had your hg eased up at all yet?

@xJessie91x progression looks great!
Oh my gosh that is scary about your hubby. My sister had the same back in March, she had to be in the hospital for a few days because of low oxygen. I really hope your DH will be getting better now and not worse. Hg here is on the upswing since 11 weeks which is almost unbelievable. Last time it lasted full on till 14 weeks, so maybe it’s a boy this time :)

Hey @Rach87 just popping over to say I’m thinking of you with your dh sick. Also wanted to ask do you get a ‘break’ from lupus flares while pregnant? I do and I love it - even feeling sick with pregnancy I prefer to feeling inflamed.

Glad she recovered @Reiko_ctu ! So scary. I think he’ll be ok. Just got my results back and its negative. Seriously crazy we were all in a car for 18 hrs together and myself and 2 babies didnt get it. So thankful!! But unbelievable. So glad your hg is better though! Thats awesome!

@Lucy3 you're so sweet for coming over! Really hoping you still get to join us here. If its another month we may have to extend it to dec/jan/feb babies for you ;)
With my daughter I felt like Wonder Woman! Not a flair in sight and the whole year breastfeeding. My son I felt like trash but it was pregnancy related and not lupus crummyness. But after he was out I felt great until I stopped bfing at 9 months. I had taken Benlysta for 1.5 years before ttc this little and it made me a new person. So Im starting off in an already great place, so far so good. Hopefully it stays that way! I will go back on it most likely when Im done bf again. And yes being a little nauseus and tired I’ll take over feeling like I have the flu and everything hurting anyday!

Last edited:
Thanks Rach. I feel like I might be pregnant this month but I’m too scared to test. Is that weird? I’m cd23 and I ovulated early so close to 4 weeks hopefully. The main reason I feel like I could be is I always have a pretty bad flare just before af and I haven’t this month. I get rashes around my eyes and just feel awful. At the moment for the first time in a long time I feel like I have a clear mind and not hobbling around! It’s amazing how when you’re not inflamed you realise just how average you’ve been feeling but get used to it. I’m going to look into that med you’ve been taking and discuss it with my rheum. I’ve been relying on pred to manage it which is not good. I feel like the US is so far ahead of Australia for autoimmune therapies. Bf helped me too, but pregnancy is amazing for me- I guess it lowers our immune systems which is what is fighting against us! I’ve gone from poas addict to absolutely prettified to test. Don’t even recognise myself!
I’m so glad you don’t have the virus! What a relief. Did you say you’ve had it already? Must be the antibodies fighting it off? Also think having lupus helps things like viruses as our bodies are so keen to fight anything.
Sorry this is an essay, just so happy to have you to discuss autoimmune issues with! :lol:

@Lucy3 :test: Lol. Yes I agree it is nice to have someone to chat with who understands! I did have covid and was sick for 4 months from Oct. ‘19- Feb ‘20. I finally came out of my own quarantine and then the pandemic hit. Ugh! I had a horrific time breathing and was juuuuust getting it looked into then everything shut down. By the time I was finally was seen, had tests, seen again, more tests, repeat I was prescribed a steroid inhaler - symbicort which brought me back to almost normal. It was a year of feeling like I was suffocating! I also take Plaquenil which was one of the treatments for covid so I feel like it gave me a fighting chance - scary to think how I would've been without it. I was tested about 6 months ago for antibodies and came back negative, I guess they only survive for a few months.

Benlysta literally was a life saver for me. Made suuuch a difference. I stopped it back in December after we started ttc. I honestly think it reset my body or something bc I still feel good and can be an almost normal person. Its great because it actually fights the disease not just masks symptoms. And best part.....NO SIDE EFFECTS!! I was super irritable the first couple months but it went away and nothing else

Last edited:
Wow you got covid before it was even a thing! Maybe that means the vaccine will be more effective? I take plaquenil too and it was hard to get when the pandemic was in full swing here. So glad you’re feeling good, nothing worse than the cloud of inflammation.
So I just tested....thanks for asking @daniyaaq! sitting on the toilet waiting to look :shock:

So I didn’t hold, that was a mistake. I watched it go over and a white line came up straight away. Has anyone had that before? I can see something vv faint which is not what I expected for around 12dpo. I’ll see if I can get a decent pics. Ugh another squinter.

Yes pictures please. Which test are you using. My test at 12DPO was so faint I convinced myself i imagined it.

Here it is. Now I’ve reopened the POAS can of worms I’m obsessed again!

F42E7A94-D925-4962-80E2-655B23C709BB.jpeg

7w2d today. Still just so ridiculously sick, have lost almost 2 kilo now.. drank a heap of chocolate milk this morning and power chucked that up about half an hour later. Went to have a shower, got out ran the the toilet again.. went back to the bathroom to get dressed then threw up in the sink... and don't get me started on the constipation! Isn't being pregnant so glamorous LOL!

Last edited:
7w2d today. Still just so ridiculously sick, have lost one kilo now.. drank a heap of chocolate milk this morning and power chucked that up about half an hour later. Went to have a shower, got out ran the the toilet again.. went back to the bathroom to get dressed then threw up in the sink... and don't get me started on the constipation! Isn't being pregnant so glamorous LOL!
Ooh chocolate milk coming back up, that’s got to be pretty bad!!

I am so sorry! I have had bleeding and spotting in both of my previous pregnancies and thankfully they turned out okay! I am having light brown spotting now! I hope that the bleeding/spotting stops soon and that you go on to have a H&H 9 months! Big hugs to you! XOXO
Thank you. I think the spotting stopped as nothing since yesterday but been vomiting a lot, I have never toutght that vomiting is going to make me happy but I hope that is a good sign and everything is going to be fine. I know that my mum had lots of bleeding with my sister that made her think it was periods, she didn't find out that she was pregnant until the third month, but still it can be so unnerving. I hope your spotting stopes to and thinks are going to be fine x

Thank you. I think the spotting stopped as nothing since yesterday but been vomiting a lot, I have never toutght that vomiting is going to make me happy but I hope that is a good sign and everything is going to be fine. I know that my mum had lots of bleeding with my sister that made her think it was periods, she didn't find out that she was pregnant until the third month, but still it can be so unnerving. I hope your spotting stopes to and thinks are going to be fine x

Your welcome and Thank you! I am still having some light brown spotting but it is slowing down, so hopefully it is going to stop soon! I am sorry about your morning sickness, but glad that it is making you feel at ease again! The early days of pregnancy are always nerve racking! i am just hoping that the first trimester goes by fast for us both, i think we can start to feel a bit more at ease after that! Have a great weekend!

7w2d today. Still just so ridiculously sick, have lost almost 2 kilo now.. drank a heap of chocolate milk this morning and power chucked that up about half an hour later. Went to have a shower, got out ran the the toilet again.. went back to the bathroom to get dressed then threw up in the sink... and don't get me started on the constipation! Isn't being pregnant so glamorous LOL!

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about how bad your morning sickness has been! I hope you feel better soon and it lightens up some!!! XOXO If you start to feel really bad make sure that you talk to your DR and get some medication to help with the nausea so you don't get dehydrated!

@Rach87
So sorry DH is getting sicker and may need hospital treatment.
Praying he recovers ASAP.
Glad ure test came back negative so u can still go to ure scan.

Me and DH will have a covid test on May 12th at 11am and then I have my anomaly scan at 12pm providing we both test negative.
I have a bit of a cold at the moment which DH had but he is better now so not covid.

Just a bit of a sore throat and a slight cough not bad.
I have Asthma so it always goes to my chest.

@wannabeprego

I had bleeding and spotting with this one.
I had spotting from 14dpo untill about 8 weeks.
And a bleed at 6 weeks and 14+5 weeks that was red.
I thought the worst because I've had 7 miscarriages altogether and I've only had bleeding like that in pregnancy when it has been a miscarriage.
It never got heavy but was enough to make me worry.
Turns out I have a cervical erosion and apparently they are very common in pregnancy.
They do not harm the pregnancy or the baby but they can he easily agitated and bleed.

I've had nothing sick and hopefully there will be no more.

I know spotting and some bleeding can be very normol in the first trimester i was told that by my midwife.

I know its hard not to worry hon but brown blood is old blood and it is probably implantation.
Think u can get implantation spotting right up untill around 8 weeks so I reckon that's probably what it is and the fact ure tests are getting darker is a good sign.

@Lucy3
Good luck hon

@Lucy3 yes that white strip is just the test/control strip. I really want to see something but not sure I can :( but without a hold that early i don’t think anything could show up. Look forward to your next test though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->