♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Hope you’re all doing well. My nausea has been almost non existent the last few days and I’m feeling sooo much better.
I posted my scan pics on a few Facebook groups and got all boy guesses and also did the early glimpse where they take a look and draw on the nub etc, will post pic below. My partner is really hoping for a girl, I’m not really bothered as long as baby is healthy. Hope he won’t be too disappointment if it is.

D12E6C82-2472-4133-A2DC-441D2D6B0072.jpeg

I'll be 36 next month which supposedly puts me in the category of a "geriatic pregancy." That sounds awful.:saywhat: Do ya'll thing that'll put me in the cateogory of high-risk, or will it depend? My first ob appointment is not until the 21st. I wouldn't mind though if it gets me more scans. :haha:

Hope everyone is doing well! Teacher here at a year-round school enjoying a week and a half off before summer term.:cloud9:

Hope you’re all doing well. My nausea has been almost non existent the last few days and I’m feeling sooo much better.
I posted my scan pics on a few Facebook groups and got all boy guesses and also did the early glimpse where they take a look and draw on the nub etc, will post pic below. My partner is really hoping for a girl, I’m not really bothered as long as baby is healthy. Hope he won’t be too disappointment if it is.

View attachment 1099136
I would guess boy for this pic

@Tasha36089 exciting!

@mouse_chicky I just turned 34 last month and had mentioned to my OB I just missed being considered geriatric bc I thought it was 35 yrs but I guess they dont consider it “old” lady pregnancy until 38/39. Never heard that before. Honestly I think its ridiculous especially in todays world, tons of women in their late 30s/early 40s are just having their first baby and do just fine. But anyway my friend just had a baby at almost 40 and she didnt get any extra appts/scans for her age, just baby was small so she got a couple extra to keep track.

Finalllllly heard back from Maternal Fetal Medicine....only took over 2 weeks. They were going to just see me after my 20 week anatomy scan so I told the girl they saw me the last 2 pregnancies around 14/15 weeks so of course their first available scan appt is 7/2 when I’ll be 17 weeks ugh! If they had returned my call sooner I probably couldve been seen sooner. Then I have a teleconference appt with the Dr 7/6. Seems weird to evaluate a high risk pregnancy without actually seeing the patient. Prenatal care has taken a real crap since covid. Its awful. Sorry for the rant. At least I’ll find out gender 3 weeks sooner now.

Last edited:
@mouse_chicky I'll be 38 when this one comes along. I haven't heard the term geriatric towards me yet and I haven't been offered any extra scans or appointments. Actually, now I think about it, I'm supposed to hear from consultants about my high blood pressure but nothing yet?!

@Rach87 sorry you're being seen later than you'd hoped, but good news about finding out gender earlier :)

@Tasha36089 I've never heard of early glimpse I might look at that Thursday if the sonographer can get a decent pic. I'm desperate to know but I have a feeling OH wants the surprise!

Hope everyone else is doing and feeling ok

Grow baby grow! Didnt realize I grew so much in just 2 weeks!
BC76A4FC-FB7F-4279-A646-469F0BE517DE.jpeg

Should/could we add gender to the front page as we find out? Or if someones staying team yellow? Maybe shorten the edd so it all fits on one line? Sorry if Im over stepping...

@Tasha36089 exciting!

@mouse_chicky I just turned 34 last month and had mentioned to my OB I just missed being considered geriatric bc I thought it was 35 yrs but I guess they dont consider it “old” lady pregnancy until 38/39. Never heard that before. Honestly I think its ridiculous especially in todays world, tons of women in their late 30s/early 40s are just having their first baby and do just fine. But anyway my friend just had a baby at almost 40 and she didnt get any extra appts/scans for her age, just baby was small so she got a couple extra to keep track.

Finalllllly heard back from Maternal Fetal Medicine....only took over 2 weeks. They were going to just see me after my 20 week anatomy scan so I told the girl they saw me the last 2 pregnancies around 14/15 weeks so of course their first available scan appt is 7/2 when I’ll be 17 weeks ugh! If they had returned my call sooner I probably couldve been seen sooner. Then I have a teleconference appt with the Dr 7/6. Seems weird to evaluate a high risk pregnancy without actually seeing the patient. Prenatal care has taken a real crap since covid. Its awful. Sorry for the rant. At least I’ll find out gender 3 weeks sooner now.
I totally agree the prenatal care has gone to crap during Covid. How many pregnant women have ended up with pre eclampsia and other problems because they weren’t being properly monitored is what I’d like to see stats on... and to do a phone appointment for you seems absolutely useless... like yes you can describe your symptoms but to check on your physical health and baby’s, they need to do an in person appointment!!

good luck on the scan though, hope you get to be surprised and see some boy bits ;). Or are you looking forward to a girl yet?

Maybe some other Canadians can pipe in here on age... I think we do class 35+ as geriatric but it’s just a term and doesn’t qualify you for any extra care at all! So just useless terminology. I could be wrong though cause I’m not there yet... last baby at 34 here!

Hi everyone! sorry have been MIA while we were away in Perth and settling back in to routine back home the last couple of days have only just now been able to sit down and pull the laptop out with a coffee! ( ugh so glad I can stomach coffee again - recently only the last two weeks or so!)

I hope everyone is well. Thanks for the congrats!!
I am 15 weeks today, yay. another 4 weeks until my 19 week scan.

@Rach87 Yep can add genders if everyone can update as they find out. Wish I could add an extra admin on this post for anything I miss or editing purposes lol!

@Skye75 huge congratulations on team blue hon.
With regards to dates here In the UK we get our due date at the 12 weeks dating scan and it doesn't change.

My son kept measuring ahead a bit after my dating scan but they still stuck with the same due date.
Lovely photos.
Do you have any names picked out yet?
Definitely got a little bump going on there. It's lovely when it's not bloat anymore and is really baby isn't it.
Are u feeling movements yet?

I didn't feel any real movements untill 19 weeks. But some womon feel them earlier.

Now I feel everything and I can see my tummy move which is so lovely.

@Teafor2
Yay for the ticker hon I love it.

Yeah I'm feeling movements, not all the time though. This morning however I felt two decent kicks haha.

We have picked out a name, Nate John May "NJ" - John after my OH's grandfather.
OH and I plan on getting married in September, at this stage we are just signing the forms for the moment until we can afford a proper wedding etc in a year or two. It's important to me to have my last name the same as baby's- don't know why haha will just be nice. My ex and I never married.

Hi everyone! sorry have been MIA while we were away in Perth and settling back in to routine back home the last couple of days have only just now been able to sit down and pull the laptop out with a coffee! ( ugh so glad I can stomach coffee again - recently only the last two weeks or so!)

@Rach87 Yep can add genders if everyone can update as they find out. Wish I could add an extra admin on this post for anything I miss or editing purposes lol!

Yeah I'm feeling movements, not all the time though. This morning however I felt two decent kicks haha.

OH and I plan on getting married in September, at this stage we are just signing the forms for the moment until we can afford a proper wedding etc in a year or two. It's important to me to have my last name the same as baby's- don't know why haha will just be nice. My ex and I never married.
When dh and I got married I changed my last name, but not because I really care about it... because I want us to both have the same last name as our kids. It makes traveling abroad much easier. If you have different last names you need to bring the birth certificate to prove you are are the parent.

@Teafor2 my 7 and 8yo have my ex partners (their dads) last name. It just really bothers me not having the same last name as my child, so at least I will be able to with one of them. Just hope my ywo don't feel left out having a different name to baby, OH and myself

For people that had their nuchal translucency scan... how far along were you when it was done? I just scheduled mine today and I’ll be 13 +1. It feels late?

love weddings, even low key ones, friends of mine did that it was lovely, I was a witness for them then we all had a nice dinner. I missed the gender announcement, congratulations on your boy.

@Skye75 Hope your vaca was great! Yay for 15 weeks!! So funny my one aversion was coffee (lots made me nauseus but I could still eat/drink, but coffee I couldnt even stand the smell or thought of it) yay for us being able to stomach coffee again! And congrats on the future wedding!

@Reiko_ctu yea the stats would be interesting to see, its so awful!! I always knew I would end up with girls since I never wanted any lol. Im amazed I actually have a son to be honest. So I came to terms with it easily - just bummed I’ll never have another little boy. My dd will be ecstatic though and seeing her love all over the new baby will make it worth it. (Though she would do that either way - shes such a lover and nurturer) I cant wait for your scan!!! I’ve been stalking your due group for all the countdowns and updates!

@Teafor2 mine is 12+5 this time but last 2 pregnancies were both nearly 14 weeks. I believe anytime between 11+6 and 13+6 is perfectly fine for NT

@Teafor2 I was due mine at 12 but as they put me back a week I'm going back tomorrow when I'll be 13 bang on :)

@IsabellaJayne eeeeeek!!!! Cant wait!! We’ve had I think 3 girls from the sneak peaks? So curious the accuracy for all of us! (Though I know poor Dream143 was on of them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->