• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

Hi everyone! I’ve been away for a while. It’s nice to see everyone’s scans and updates! I thought I would share what’s going on with my baby. We were able to confirm that it’s a girl. We were also given the news that she most likely has Down syndrome, 1 in 1.1 chance. It appears that she has a cardiac and kidney defect. I’m unsure how to process this information.

Hi everyone! I’ve been away for a while. It’s nice to see everyone’s scans and updates! I thought I would share what’s going on with my baby. We were able to confirm that it’s a girl. We were also given the news that she most likely has Down syndrome, 1 in 1.1 chance. It appears that she has a cardiac and kidney defect. I’m unsure how to process this information.
I don't have any advice but just to say I hope you're all ok :hug:

Oh sweetheart. Bless you.

I was given a high risk result for downs syndrome when I had the NT scan and bloods at 12+6 weeks..
We decided against the amnio because it has a small chance of MC and I had 4 early miscarriages last year so I really didn't want to take the risk.

We did go for the Harmony test and after waiting for the results for 2 weeks' they came back inconclusive.
I then had more bloods done and again 2 more weeks of waiting and inconclusive again.

I had a liver transplant back In 2011 so they think it was down to that.

We are still in the dark now and don't know for sure if our baby has it or not.

All my scans have been good and we booked a 4D scan which I has last week and there's was no markers found on that either..

When I had the screening test done I was told I had a 1 in 33 chance.

But being 41 I was told I wud get a high risk any way just because of my age alone.

We also had a lady that had a 1 in 3 chance. She was so worried. She had the Harmony test to and her results came back 1 in 10 thousand..
So it just goes to show that those tests are not always accurate..

I'm sorry they found defects at ure scan.
Have they offered extra scans.

There is a lady on here that had her baby a few months ago. He was born at 28 weeks and has downs. He is absolutely beautiful..

I reached out to her when I got my results and she was so lovely.
He is doing really well now.

Sorry about my long post and I know my situation is not as bad but just wanted to reach out.

Just wanted to send a virtual hug. I’m sure this information must be scary and hard to process. :hugs:

Sending you lots of :hugs:

I am so sorry to hear this! I am going to keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers! I am sending Big hugs to you! XOXO

Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you’re ok, such a difficult thing to process. Sending love x

How’s everyone doing? I have a uti atm and feel terrible. I’ve had 5 days of antibiotics and it’s made no difference. Just trying to drink loads of water atm hoping that helps. It doesn’t help that little man is sat right on my bladder and every movement makes me feel like I need to pee.
22 weeks today! It’s going fast now, need to get a pushchair and stuff ordered I don’t have much yet. We just have nowhere to put anything, need a bigger house lol .

How’s everyone doing? I have a uti atm and feel terrible. I’ve had 5 days of antibiotics and it’s made no difference. Just trying to drink loads of water atm hoping that helps. It doesn’t help that little man is sat right on my bladder and every movement makes me feel like I need to pee.
22 weeks today! It’s going fast now, need to get a pushchair and stuff ordered I don’t have much yet. We just have nowhere to put anything, need a bigger house lol .
Feeling okay but nausea is still here on and off. But I’m feeling baby move more and more which is exciting!

If the antibiotics don’t seem to help with the uti it may be worth going back to be checked again. I once had a uti that ended up being antibiotic resistant and needed a stronger antibiotic to cure it.

I appreciate those who reached out. It’s hard to not feel alone. I had an amniocentesis performed and baby doesn’t have Down syndrome, she has Turner syndrome. She has a small chance of surviving, but we’re staying hopeful.

I appreciate those who reached out. It’s hard to not feel alone. I had an amniocentesis performed and baby doesn’t have Down syndrome, she has Turner syndrome. She has a small chance of surviving, but we’re staying hopeful.
I cant offer any insights or good suggestions on Turner syndrome or the stats, but I would like to give you a big electronic hug. Im really sorry that this is happening. Please feel free to reach out if you ever want to talk.

Oh sweetheart. Bless you.

I was given a high risk result for downs syndrome when I had the NT scan and bloods at 12+6 weeks..
We decided against the amnio because it has a small chance of MC and I had 4 early miscarriages last year so I really didn't want to take the risk.

We did go for the Harmony test and after waiting for the results for 2 weeks' they came back inconclusive.
I then had more bloods done and again 2 more weeks of waiting and inconclusive again.

I had a liver transplant back In 2011 so they think it was down to that.

We are still in the dark now and don't know for sure if our baby has it or not.

All my scans have been good and we booked a 4D scan which I has last week and there's was no markers found on that either..

When I had the screening test done I was told I had a 1 in 33 chance.

But being 41 I was told I wud get a high risk any way just because of my age alone.

We also had a lady that had a 1 in 3 chance. She was so worried. She had the Harmony test to and her results came back 1 in 10 thousand..
So it just goes to show that those tests are not always accurate..

I'm sorry they found defects at ure scan.
Have they offered extra scans.

There is a lady on here that had her baby a few months ago. He was born at 28 weeks and has downs. He is absolutely beautiful..

I reached out to her when I got my results and she was so lovely.
He is doing really well now.

Sorry about my long post and I know my situation is not as bad but just wanted to reach out.

I hope you get more clarity soon. I’ve been in limbo with genetic testing before and it was hard. We did the fetal DNA test twice and both times came back inconclusive due to low fetal fraction, and looking into it I realized that there could be so many things that throws the test off. Good luck on your 4D scan and I pray that you get more clarity.

@erher, thinking of you!
I know all cases are different, but my aunt has Turner's syndrome, and she has a relatively normal standard of life.

@Tasha36089 , hopefully they can get your uti cleared up soon. Those suck!

I’m sorry to hear that she has a small chance of surviving. I really hope all goes well! I know women and girls with Turner syndrome can live quite normal lives, which I hope you find encouraging.

Thinking of you. I hope everything turns out okay x

I hope you get more clarity soon. I’ve been in limbo with genetic testing before and it was hard. We did the fetal DNA test twice and both times came back inconclusive due to low fetal fraction, and looking into it I realized that there could be so many things that throws the test off. Good luck on your 4D scan and I pray that you get more clarity.

Thank you hon.
My 4D scan went well and they cudnt see any signs of downs. Said baby looks healthy. Thank you for reaching out.
And sorry u have been through this too. I was so upset when the results kept coming back inconclusive esp only being 15 weeks. And just being in limbo. My 20 weeks anomaly scan was terrifying but thankfully no markers were found for downs syndrome and he passed all the tests.
The 4D scan was also nerve wracking but so glad I went for it because feeling so much more positive now.

Oh sweetheart I am so so sorry. I don't have any experience with Turners but some of the ladies on here know people with it. I hope ure baby ure baby only has a mild case and will live and have normol lives. Praying that so hard for ure baby right now in Jesus name [-o<

I’m starting to think I’ll just be nauseas this entire pregnancy. I’m nearly halfway through and still feeling sick everyday throughout the day.

I’m starting to think I’ll just be nauseas this entire pregnancy. I’m nearly halfway through and still feeling sick everyday throughout the day.
I feel you, still being sick most days.

After much deliberation and changing my mind 100 times I’m going to order a pram tomorrow. We’ve gone for the ickle bubba stomp v4 in the end but I can’t decide between 2 colours. Feel
Like I can finally start buying stuff now.

Sorry @erher hearing anything other than “baby looks perfect” must be so terrifying. Praying your little lady stays strong and thrives. *hugs*

22 weeks yesterday, this last month has just flown by. Baby bump has blown up. She kicks all day and I can see her kicking and rolling from the outside. Ds was sitting back in my lap the other day and then just started giggling - she was kicking him in the back! It was so cute and he was so excited! Shes got some strong kicks that dh and dd have felt too.

@Teafor2 & @Tasha36089 yep still nauseous most days here too. Ugh.

I realized Im due in a week or so for a growth scan and I havent even scheduled it yet. Woops. Hopefully they have openings available soon.

Finally bought a few outfits for her. Figured since it’ll be freezing cold here and Im sure everything will be shut down again no point in going nuts over clothes for the first couple months. But gah I LOVE baby clothes. And especially fall/winter layering.

since I forgot to post last weeks pic heres both. Huge growth!

06843C30-14B6-4FE0-98DC-11555D39CDA6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"