• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

OB check up today. Babys heartrate at 150 and fundal measurement spot on at 22cm. Next growth scan on the 25th (I’ll be getting them every 3-4 weeks until the end)

Hows everyone else doing? Upcoming appts and scans? So many quiet mamas - hope everyones doing well

Anyone thought of/decided on a name yet? Im having the hardest time coming up with something I love that also flows well with my dd name

I had a checkup last week, but nothing special. They just did my blood pressure and checked that baby had a heartbeat (didn’t say what it was though). I did have a vaginal infection (but no symptoms of one), so they gave me medication for that. I have my morphology scan on the 27th so I’m excited for that one! Im hoping dh will be able to come since he’s not been allowed in any scans thus far.

Just googled that pushchair Rach, it’s nice. I’ve still not ordered mine lol.
I have a fetal echocardiogram on Thursday because my boys both have a vsd they want to check baby. I think my GTT is next week I need to check and then the midwife the week after. Hope everyone’s ok.

Thank you hon.
My 4D scan went well and they cudnt see any signs of downs. Said baby looks healthy. Thank you for reaching out.
And sorry u have been through this too. I was so upset when the results kept coming back inconclusive esp only being 15 weeks. And just being in limbo. My 20 weeks anomaly scan was terrifying but thankfully no markers were found for downs syndrome and he passed all the tests.
The 4D scan was also nerve wracking but so glad I went for it because feeling so much more positive now.
Yay @Suggerhoney !! So glad to hear! Sometimes I wanna skip all these tests because I think the false positive rate is not that low; or maybe doctors make the news sound more dire? Don’t get me wrong, I think modern medicine is amazing, and I’d surely be dead without it (I have a huge fibroid that prevents me from giving birth naturally), heck I couldnt even get pregnant without modern medicine (ivf), but I do think there are some real drawbacks as well.

Yay @Suggerhoney !! So glad to hear! Sometimes I wanna skip all these tests because I think the false positive rate is not that low; or maybe doctors make the news sound more dire? Don’t get me wrong, I think modern medicine is amazing, and I’d surely be dead without it (I have a huge fibroid that prevents me from giving birth naturally), heck I couldnt even get pregnant without modern medicine (ivf), but I do think there are some real drawbacks as well.
Yes things can be a tad over medicalized in pregnancy and birth. But at least maternal and infant mortality is definitely down in the last 100 years for some of it!!

can I ask about your fibroid? How big is it? My sister is pregnant with her first and has a 7cm fibroid and the midwives have referred her to an OB. Just curious how big yours is to prevent vaginal delivery?

Glad everyone is feeling well. 23 weeks today. None stop with work! So feeling exhausted!
We haven’t found out the sex of this baby so haven’t got definite names but we have a boy and girl name we think we may choose x

I know what mean hon. Some womon if there 40 or over refuse the combined screening test because it's highly likely they will get high risk for downs just because of age.
I feel like I've spent so much of this pregnancy anxious. I'm still anxious now and just in 3 weeks time he is born healthy without any problems .
So sorry u had to have ivf hon. But I'm so happy u are pregnant

Yes things can be a tad over medicalized in pregnancy and birth. But at least maternal and infant mortality is definitely down in the last 100 years for some of it!!

can I ask about your fibroid? How big is it? My sister is pregnant with her first and has a 7cm fibroid and the midwives have referred her to an OB. Just curious how big yours is to prevent vaginal delivery?
@Reiko_ctu Definitely very grateful to be living in today’s world of modern medicine and surgery!

Mine started at 11cm and grew to 16 by the end of the pregnancy. It’s location is also a problem as it covers the front of my uterus. Here is the part where I don’t know if it’s over-medication (Im in NYC where doctors are very very very cautious, to the point that some women feel like their wishes were often brushed aside) or if they are being safe, but they were so scared that I would go into natural labor, that they scheduled me for a C section at 36 weeks with IR (Intervention Radiology who placed balloons in my femoral arteries in case there is a bad bleed). My C section lasted 4 hrs with about 30 doctors and nurses attending (not even an exaggeration, I counted 25-30 people in the OR). I talked to a doctor in Maine who was very surprised by this and said that they probably would have waited for 37 weeks and just do a normal C section with extra blood on hand (in case of bad bleed).

I know what mean hon. Some womon if there 40 or over refuse the combined screening test because it's highly likely they will get high risk for downs just because of age.
I feel like I've spent so much of this pregnancy anxious. I'm still anxious now and just in 3 weeks time he is born healthy without any problems .
So sorry u had to have ivf hon. But I'm so happy u are pregnant
@Suggerhoney Oof it must be rough, Im sorry that you have to go through that. Im praying for a smooth delivery and a happy and healthy little boy for you in 3 weeks!
I totally get people declining screening tests, I won’t go into details but I think my previous experience has really prejudiced me against some screening tests (I was definitely an anomaly in terms of the number of tests I went through, like 1-2 doctor’s visit a week throughout my pregnancy)
Thanks for your kind words!

@Reiko_ctu Definitely very grateful to be living in today’s world of modern medicine and surgery!

Mine started at 11cm and grew to 16 by the end of the pregnancy. It’s location is also a problem as it covers the front of my uterus. Here is the part where I don’t know if it’s over-medication (Im in NYC where doctors are very very very cautious, to the point that some women feel like their wishes were often brushed aside) or if they are being safe, but they were so scared that I would go into natural labor, that they scheduled me for a C section at 36 weeks with IR (Intervention Radiology who placed balloons in my femoral arteries in case there is a bad bleed). My C section lasted 4 hrs with about 30 doctors and nurses attending (not even an exaggeration, I counted 25-30 people in the OR). I talked to a doctor in Maine who was very surprised by this and said that they probably would have waited for 37 weeks and just do a normal C section with extra blood on hand (in case of bad bleed).
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think here they are a bit less uptight than NY would be so hopefully she’ll be able to go into labour. She’s 30 weeks so they’re giving her one more scan in a few weeks to see the progression of it.

@Tasha36089 hope the echo shows a perfect little heart.

@Mummyto293 happy 23 weeks to us!

@Teafor2 hope the meds clear up your infection - are they going to retest you once your done with them?
I’ll ask them to check at my next appointment with them, which is September 6. I didn’t have any symptoms which makes me think it was probably bv. I’ve had it in the past with minimal symptoms as well. They didn’t do a swab to check, but gave me medication that would help bv and candida. I’ve always been prone to these types of infections, so I’m not surprised I got one during pregnancy.

Yikes @Jojo0802 sounds like a nightmare! Hope this time is much less involved. When are you due? I didnt see your name on the front page, so welcome! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think here they are a bit less uptight than NY would be so hopefully she’ll be able to go into labour. She’s 30 weeks so they’re giving her one more scan in a few weeks to see the progression of it.
@Reiko_ctu Agreed with you, I think if her doctors haven’t given her the scheduled C section speech at 30 weeks then chances are good for a natural birth (if she wants)! I read somewhere that 50% of women have fibroids and they all tend to grow during pregnancy, so it’s probably a pretty common occurrence. Hoping for a smooth delivery for her!

Yikes @Jojo0802 sounds like a nightmare! Hope this time is much less involved. When are you due? I didnt see your name on the front page, so welcome! :)
@Rach87 Thanks! It is less involved this time around, although the new doctor (also nyc) also wants to get IR involved so maybe I should count my lucky stars that they are so careful?
Im due 1/29 but will get scheduled for surgery probably first week of Jan.
Im kinda a long time lurker on the board and love reading about everyone’s journey and love the support here ❤️

OB check up today. Babys heartrate at 150 and fundal measurement spot on at 22cm. Next growth scan on the 25th (I’ll be getting them every 3-4 weeks until the end)

Hows everyone else doing? Upcoming appts and scans? So many quiet mamas - hope everyones doing well

Anyone thought of/decided on a name yet? Im having the hardest time coming up with something I love that also flows well with my dd name

Glad all is spot on for you :) I've been a bit mia recently. I've not been feeling too good inside my own head, lots of things starting to get me down, I'm getting irritated and tearful easily plus spd rearing its head, I've had some general aches and pains and pressure...I had a good day yesterday but today back to how it's been (minus pains).

I have a growth scan at 28 weeks with a consultant appt following after, and a scan at 32 weeks to check placenta position. I need to book midwife appointment tomorrow for 26 weeks and to chase my GTT as i've had no info on that yet. The time seems to be going faster too, 23+4 today, i like that it seems to be going quick!

Had my covid jab yesterday and all seems ok except for the fact it feels like I've been pinched in my arm a hundred times! Hope everyone else is doing well.

@Jojo0802
Thank you hon. Wishing u all the best too..
So many womom about go into labour and one In labour right now in our September group that it's making me want my induction to come around quickly.
Hope these last few weeks don't drag.
Definitely very ready now.

@aymz1983
Sorry ure not feeling well hon. Spd is awful. I have it and it's not nice. Hard to get comfortable esp at night.
Very ready for baby now so hope the next 2 weeks and 5 or 6 days go fast.

@aymz1983 sorry you aren't feeling the best, I could have written that myself! some days I feel absolutely horrible. Emotional, self critical and tearful at the drop of a hat. The SPD is making my life hell also!!
Had one bad day on Friday (emotionally) then have been okay in that department for a couple of days.
I had gastro or some other horrible like bug since Saturday arvo, just starting to feel a little better now (Monday 12pm!) can't even count the amount of times I have thrown up since Saturday YUCK!

Getting anxious about our up coming trip on the 9th September, NSW, NT and VIC are all in lockdown now with the NSW cases 400+ a day. Hoping so badly WA can stay out of lockdown... we've had no cases for a couple of weeks but I fell with those kinds of numbers over east it is just a matter of time before our good luck comes to an end.

25 weeks on Wednesday.. feeling LOTS of baby kicks now but OH still hasn't managed to feel any yet lol

Just had my 20 week scan! All is well and healthy with baby girl :) couldn’t get any pictures as she’s upside down and facing down. Typical haha. But just glad all is well

hope everything is okay with everyone

@Suggerhoney thank you. I can't believe the end is in sight for you already, it feels like it's gone so fast!

@Skye75 thank you. Although I'm annoyed because I realise I put me down as 23+4 when I was only 22+4 so I'm cross with myself I have 'lost' a week ha. I hope all goes ok with your trip and you don't have to delay it though, although completely understandable about being anxious with numbers rising etc.

@IsabellaJayne that's exactly how my lo has been since 13 weeks, upside down and the wrong way. None of my pics are decent! Hoping that the next scan he behaves and faces the right way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->