0% Motility - devastated - high prolactin -pituitary adenoma

Pazienza

Reaction score
Hi,

Seems like male infertility decided to not let us breath!
In 2007, we have done 2 ICSI with BFN and hyperstimulation (OHSS).
Dh SA were very bad - normal low concentration, motility (maximum 10%)

I gave my dh multivitamins/maca/pycnogenol. Result: after 6 months of this regimen, his SA became almost normal with 80 Mio/ml, 29% motility and then a BFP. Our baby is now 3 years old.

We had again a bfp in May 2011 but mc at 11 weeks. An other SA with 0% Motility A, high viscosity. Dh urologist is convinced that his high prolactin (pituitary adenoma) is making his sperm crap.
Dh is taking Dostinex and his prolactin is now beginning to be normal but his SA is getting worse. Now we have 0% Motility A ...and 0% Motility B.
No sperm is moving.
I can not understand: he had acupuncture, chinese herbs in december and hs takes his supplements.

What can we do? Any couple here having the same problem?

So sorry for the news :( but SA can change for no reason at all so have him tested in a month or so and see if there is any improvement. My dh SA got a lot better in 4 months with a change in his diet & vitamins. If his motility can get to even 1% u can do ivf with icsi. Stay positive & as an absolute last resort, u can consider donor sperm, not ideal but an option. I mentioned it to dh as an option if this ivf fails & he's not thrilled but hasn't ruled it out. GL FX

Hi Marie,

no, it is not eas especially when I gave him a regimen of multivitamins + Carnitine since mid-july.
In 2007-2008 for ttc#1, it worked very well but now it seems to fail :sad2:

I don't know what to do else. I had added maca. Let see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->