1 in 33 chance of Downs Syndrome

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
I had my results back today from the combined screening test.

My scan was on Friday and that went so well.
The bit where they measured the fluid in the back of neck was normol.
Everything looked great.

But my blood test results came back
1 in 7 thousand chance for Edwards or Patous syndrome.

But 1 in 33 chance for downs syndrome which is a Higher risk result.

I have been dreading getting this phone call and was just counting down the days to get to the point where I new it was low risk.

But it's not.

They have given me 4 options.

1 is to leave it and hope

2 is to have a needle put in belly to take a piece of the placental tissue.

3 is to have a needles put in belly to take some anamatic fluid.

(Both of these can cause a MC)

4 is to have a privet NPTL test where they do another scan (a more detailed one) and take more blood which actually checks the genetics and will give me a yes or no answer.
It's pricey at £400.
But not avasive.
And can take up to 10 working days for results. Sometimes less but they have to say 10 working days to cover themselves.

So that's the option I have chosen and I'm booked in for tomorrow for the ultrasound and bloodtest.

Then it's the agonising wait for results.

I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now and obviously very upset.

I know it doesn't mean the baby definitely has downs but to get a high risk result is very scary.
All I've done is cry.

Has anyone got any stories or has had a similar results and what was the outcome.

I know babies with downs can live and have a okish life but I also know the risks.

Baby can die in utro (which is my main worry)

And babies with DS have problem with the heart and digestive system. And the obvious learning difficulties and facial abnormalities.

Please keep my baby in ure prayers and pray my baby doesn't have DS.

I had 4 early miscarriages last year and 7 losses in total all first trimester losses.

To lose a baby at this point or further down the line is really frightening me.

I just really hope I get good news in the next 2 weeks.

I'm so scared and I don't know what to do with myself :cry:

Oh hun you must be so worried. I'm so sorry you have to wait to find out further results. I've prayed for you that everything will be OK and that you will be given strength and comfort :hugs:

Oh hun you must be so worried. I'm so sorry you have to wait to find out further results. I've prayed for you that everything will be OK and that you will be given strength and comfort :hugs:

Thank you Bev that really means alot.

Hope things are ok lovely sending you all my love and prayers for yourself and your little one !

Have hope xx

Hope things are ok lovely sending you all my love and prayers for yourself and your little one !

Have hope xx

Thank you so much hon.
I'm trying to stay positive it's just hard.
I'm just praying so much that these results come back good and baby doesn't have it.
The Waiting is horrible.
Today was working day 2 and they take up to 10 working days for the results and with easter coming up it cud be longer. But I hope not.
I just feel overwhelmed and in limbo.
Hope these results Come back much quicker and it's really good news.

Thank you so much hon.
I'm trying to stay positive it's just hard.
I'm just praying so much that these results come back good and baby doesn't have it.
The Waiting is horrible.
Today was working day 2 and they take up to 10 working days for the results and with easter coming up it cud be longer. But I hope not.
I just feel overwhelmed and in limbo.
Hope these results Come back much quicker and it's really good news.

I hope they come back quicker for you ! It’s horrendous on waiting for such an important result!

My niece was unexpectedly born with Down’s syndrome . My sister didn’t have any of the testing done beforehand . Only after she was born . I was pregnant with DD1 and awaiting the results from our NT scan with her . It was awful waiting . I’m sending much love and hoping for a positive result xx

I hope the results come in quicker hun :hugs:

Thanks Bev

I hope they come back quicker for you ! It’s horrendous on waiting for such an important result!

My niece was unexpectedly born with Down’s syndrome . My sister didn’t have any of the testing done beforehand . Only after she was born . I was pregnant with DD1 and awaiting the results from our NT scan with her . It was awful waiting . I’m sending much love and hoping for a positive result xx

Thanks hon.
It's so horrible. I just want good news

Thanks ladies.
Still haven't heard anything and it's been 4 working days.
With easter and everything it cud make the wait even longer but I hope not.
I just want my baby to be ok and healthy :-(

I'm hardly sleeping because my anxiety is so bad right now.

I know I was stressed waiting for my results so I can’t imagine and having a Down syndrome pregnancy myself I know it can be difficult. Hoping for the best good she said about the measurement on neck and no flat nose so gold onto that x

Should hear back by the end of the week at the latest. Friday will be working day 10 .

Hoping they come back all good

Sending positive thoughts to you , hopefully won’t be much longer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"