• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

1 in 33 chance of Downs Syndrome

Good luck hun :hugs: I hope you get good news.

Thanks hon.
Should get them this week sometime.
Hoping b4 my gender scan on Saturday.
Just hope it's good news

No experience myself! However my friend also had a 1/33 chance (recently) and had the same test done as you and came back a no :)

Hope the results hurry for you. Sending lots of love xxx

No experience myself! However my friend also had a 1/33 chance (recently) and had the same test done as you and came back a no :)

Hope the results hurry for you. Sending lots of love xxx

Thank you. Hope I get a no too.

I have to have more blood taken on Saturday because they need more. So I'm still not gonna no anything for at least anther weeks or two

Hi ladies

Unfortunately the results came back inconclusive again.](*,)

I had a liver transplant in 2011 and they think it's that.
They just can't pin point babies DNA because I have 3 lots of DNA in me.
I've had lots of blood transfusions too so it cud be that.:(

Anyway my only option is the Amnio.

But I have refused.
I had 4 loses last year and this baby took 11 months to conceive.
I've also had 3 other losses in the past and I just do not want to take that risk.:nope:

My anomaly scan is just over 2 weeks now on may 12th so were just waiting for that now.

He hasn't showed any markers for downs at any of my scans yet.
I've had alot of scans already.
6+1 8+1 10+3 12+6 13+4 and 16 weeks where they checked over baby and did a 4D scan.

She said he looked perfect.

Now just need to get the 20 week one out the way and pray there is is no markers on that either and all his heart and all his organs and everything is working perfectly.[-o<

I'm having growth scans at 24 28 32 and 36 weeks.

And we will be booking a privet 4D scan for 30 weeks.

Induction planned for 37 weeks due to my medical back ground.

Something is telling me that this baby is healthy.

So I'm going to try and stay positive and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.
We will love this baby even if he does have it.

Someone kindly pointed out to me that the way to look at it is.

If I had 33 babies then only 1 of them wud have it.
I'm greatful to this person that pointed this out because its made me feel alot better.

My bump is big already so he is growing well.

I've also been told that the hospital screening can be a false positive just because of age.

That was by someone who works there.

All positive things to look at.

We will not know if he has it for sure until he is born.

Not all babies with it show on scan Unfortunately.

But hopefully even if he does have it he will be healthy and won't have any health problems.
Also praying he stays put until my induction date.

Still anxious but hopefully will feel better when I gety 20 weeks scan out the way.
I will be 20+4 weeks at that.

Your wonderful baby will be so so incredibly loved, nurtured and supported by you and your family whomever it is, this is the most important thing without which the healthiest baby would struggle to thrive in life. I hope you can manage to put these weeks of worry behind you and have an opportunity to enjoy the rest of your time keeping it cosy and safe within you. Xx

Keep my fingers crossed for your scan !.

Totally understand why you refused the amnio. I think I would too in your position , but still a very hard choice to make.

Glad the hospital seem ontop of all your scans etc. Loads of positives to take from your post and I will be hoping for more positive news after your scan !
Xx

Your wonderful baby will be so so incredibly loved, nurtured and supported by you and your family whomever it is, this is the most important thing without which the healthiest baby would struggle to thrive in life. I hope you can manage to put these weeks of worry behind you and have an opportunity to enjoy the rest of your time keeping it cosy and safe within you. Xx

This is so lovely. Exactly my thoughts too xx

That's so lovely thank you so much

Thank you so much ladies.

Will let u all know how my scan goes

Thanks so much ladies.
My scan went really well and his heart and everything is looking great.
He said he doesn't see anything that concerns him at all and no soft or hard markers for DS were found.
I know this doesn't rule it out completely and DS sometimes can't be picked up on ultrasound but the one thing the man said to me was that the hospital screening test goes by age. So because I'm over 40 that cud be the only reason I got the 1 in 33.

Something deep down is still telling me that our baby boy is healthy.
My DH feels the same too.
He was so active during the scan and I'm feeling so much more movements now.

Do feel alot better since the scan.

Next scan is a growth scan on 10th June.
:)

So pleased to hear from you. I do recall not bothering with any of the screening tests as I was over 40 and was told that this would colour the results and that I'd never be told there was no chance of DS.

Enjoy yourself as the weather improves. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"