1 year ago

25weeker

Reaction score
It is one year today I went to Bristol with work in what was supposed to be a day trip but when I returned 12 weeks later I was a mummy to a beautiful little angel and a beautiful 8 week old little girl. Although I am devastated to have lost Rebecca I am so thankful that Holly is here and doing well because this was the day I was told at 21 weeks pregnant that my membranes were bulging and I would labour in 24-48 hours. I can still remember being so upset and scared that I would go into labour before my oh managed to get down from Edinburgh and I would deliver on my own.

The next month and 1 day is going to be so emotional for me as I remember all the ups & downs that happened before delivering on the 10th jan and losing Rebecca on the 11th jan.

We usually hear the bad side of the NHS but during my time in Bristol the midwives on the delivery suite and postnatal ward were amazing. They were so supportive and made that month much more bearable and when I had the girls the NICU staff were brilliant and I will always be thankful to them.

:hugs:
The year anniversary was the most difficult for me, the season and everything around you reminds you of everything.

Thinking of u hun, and floaty kisses to Rebecca xxxxxxx

:hugs: I can imagine it must be a really emotional time right now.

Give gorgeous Holly a big cuddle from me and floaty kisses to Rebecca xxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope the time ahead is gentle for you.

Thinking of you all and sending floaty :kiss: to Rebecca and hugs to Holly xxxx

Thanks girls. It hasn't been too bad today I tend to be more emotional leading up to anniversary dates then cope ok on the day.

Holly is keeping me nice and busy as she wants into everything she shouldn't! She nearly started eating the plant but thankfully I got to her in time :rofl:

Can't believe she is 11 months today and still mainly in 0-3 months clothes.

I can't believe it too - already!! :shock: it doesnt seem that long since you joined us! Athough I didnt realise WHO you were til we were at Dona's first time!! It was only when you told us your story i realised "ahh hold on!!!!!!"

That's when I gave in to Mr that there was a forum...of some sort.... :rofl:

What a rollercoaster that must have been for you. I'm already getting weapy thinking of how many days till I first went into hospital when my waters broke. Lots of hugs to Holly and your little angel Rebecca and hope Holly has a lovely first birthday x

:hugs:from another 25 weeker mommylots of positive energy to your family and Ty for all your support through my NICU journey from day 1you truly inspired me I still remember your first post on my thread it ment so much @ the time just wanted to tell you that you are truly amazing

I second what Agiboma has said above, you always have great and honest advice and you've already helped me enormously. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Rebecca, I had no idea, must have been an incredibly tough time for you - hope you find some time for yourself over the next few weeks xx

Just wanted to say i am thinking of you too. My LO will be 1 on Christmas Eve and i am feeling very overwhelmed at the memories of last year and the events that have followed. Your LO is beautiful and doing so well and remember she has her own guardian angel looking after her always! Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->