1 year old milk and fluid intake

Chellebelle

Reaction score
Hello everyone :flower:

I have been struggling for the past few weeks wondering if I am doing the right thing. Simeon has had for a while:

8oz when he wakes up at 7.00am
5oz about 10.30am
4oz about 3.00pm
7oz about 6.00pm

I have just recently started him on the toddler milk and I notice it states he can have up to three 7oz servings a day - so that's alot less than he currently has - so do I just cut out his mid-morning milk? :shrug:

Also, am I best changing to cows milk now and if so... is it right that he should only have 2 servings of this per day? If so... morning and night only?

And... (sorry I am really struggling lol) I am really struggling to get him to drink out of a beaker - he will only drink from a bottle... therefore he only ever has milk... never any other drink... does anyone know how I can convert him to have some juice so he doesn't get thirsty in the day?

Sorry for all the questions, I thought I was doing so well and the back of the SMA tin just shocked me... then when I googled it I got all sorts of mixed messages.

:dohh:

You could try getting him used to juice/water from a bottle first?

With the toddler milk, they should have upto the 3 servings - then the rest if he wants more milk can be cows milk

Thank you, I didn't know he could have both cows milk and toddler milk... I will do that from tomorrow.

I will try juice from a bottle too, I think I have had it drummed into me that he shouldn't have juice from a bottle that I was scared of doing it... but I'll try it.

Thanks again. :blush:

Yeh they do say it, but its for their teeth..obviously water is best, but a tiny amount to get him used to it wont do any harm

Hi Chelle!!! Havent seen you in aaaaaaaaages!! :hugs:
No advice sorry, I just wanted to say hi... Oh, except the juice from a bottle really is about their teeth. Linds won't drink from a sippy cup yet either... :rolleyes: Figure she'll get it one day!
xxx

You could try an open beaker like a Doidy? My LO will not drink from a sippy cup either. I really wouldn't give juice in a bottle, as SwissMiss says, it is bad for their teeth and not a habit you want to start...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->