10 days after birth and still sore.

Delamere19

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I gave birth 10 days ago and I'm still feeling sore. Particularly uncomfortable in my bum around where I had stitches and I can sit anywhere for long periods. I also find that if I hold my baby for a set time I get pain in my stomach. Is this due to all the muscles that were stretched? Just wondering if I can expect to feel like this for a while yet and when it gets better cos it is getting me down a little constantly being in discomfort.:cry:

Giving birth is so much harder on the body than I ever realised.

It's normal hun. But it will get better, promise! Just take it easy!x

Its definately normal, all my pain went (i had stitches) around 3/4 weeks. The stitches themselves take 14 days to dissolve, so dont worry :flower: xx

eta - to help healing, have you tried lavendar baths? It helped me a lot - just put a few drops of lavender oil and a bit of milk in your bath :) Also Arnica tablets definately help, they ease the bruised feeling. xx

Thanks ladies. Can't wait to feel better. X

Where i had my stitches i felt sore for about 2 weeks, painful for the first few days but it gradually got easier.
I also got bad after pains for about a week, which settled to mild pains now and then for a couple of weeks.
Only now do i feel alot better so it took me about 4 weeks to feel normal(ish!) again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->