10 month old food and milk

TTC1983

Reaction score
I am proud mummy to a 10 month old baby boy. He is my first baby and I'm kind of finding my way when it comes to food and milk as no one really seems to tell you what you should be doing.
He currently has 4 bottles of milk a day, 7.30am, 11.30am, 3.30pm and 7.15pm, all are 150ml, however he seems like he wants to drop the night time feed lately as he doesn't seem hungry.
I am thinking of reducing it gradually to see if he copes and then removing it but in order to do that I think I need to move his lunch to 12pm and dinner to 4-4.30pm so he isn't hungry at night. Does this seem reasonable. How much do other 10 month old babies drink and when?
Unfortunately he isn't keen on either water or milk and as yet the lazy boy has made no effort to hold his bottle!
He has been on 3 meals a day at the same time as his first 3 milk feeds since he was 6 months.
Sorry this is a long post, just would like to know what others do.

My LO has been having 4 bottles for a while now..first at 6:30-7am(about 8-9oz), 2nd at 11-11:30am(6 oz), 2-2:30pm(6 oz), and his nightly at 5-5:30pm(8-9oz). Lately he seems disinterested in his 11am bottle and will usually leave an ounce or two in it so maybe I should drop it? Idk I'm pretty confused myself. He has breakfast, lunch, and dinner..however a lot of it ends up on him/the floor a lot of the time so I still kinda consider his formula to be his main calorie intake.

My HV said that from 8 months on 500ml are enough, but you can count the milk you use for cooking and dairy products such as yoghurts and cheese as well. My LO at that point had breakfast when getting up (weetabix or porridge), a 200ml bottle at 10, half a bottle with her lunch, dinner at 4 and another 200ml bottle before bed. For the past week now she has only wanted about 100ml before bed so I think babies are quite good at guiding you what they want and need xx

My boy stopped the mid morning bottle first, so just means he has his lunch between 11.30 to 12

My LO dropped his afternoon bottle himself. At ten months he had 8oz before breakfast, 8oz at lunch time and 8-12oz at bedtime. We discovered around that time that if he had a bottle after around 12:30pm then it meant he drank less at bedtime and woke early hungry. We began giving cows milk with meals around that time.

200 ml bottle at 7.00
Breakfast at 8.00
Lunch 11.30
200ml bottle at 1.30
Snack at 3.30
Tea at 5.30
Bottle at 6.30

thats my routine.

My 10 month old boy has the following:
6.30am bottle 210mls
8.00am breakfast (cereal or toast)
10.30am snack (yoghurt & fruit)
12.00pm lunch
1.30pm bottle 210mls
3.30pm snack (cheese & biscuits)
5.00pm dinner
6.30 bottle 210mls

Lily has a breakfast bottle followed actual breakfast about an hour later. Then she has her lunch bottle whenever she wakes up from her morning nap, usually about 1pm followed by lunch, again about an hour later. Then she has another nap followed by her dinner bottle, dinner, again with a gap, and then bed.
She has water with every meal too. She also didn't show much interest in holding her own water bottle until we gave up with the sippy cup and introduced a straw type bottle. It might be worth a try! I think she finds it easier to hold than sippy cup handles and she also doesn't need to tip it up.
I'm not even sure really when she dropped her 4th bottle, it was quite a while ago though! But I think it's fine and normal for them to still have 4,i would just go with it until baby drops it naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->