10 week old sleeping a less...

KarenLV

Reaction score
Is it normal for 10 week old babies to suddenly start sleeping a lot less and be more alert during day? I read somewhere he is supposed to sleep 16hrs per day but I doubt it if he still sleeps that much.He has these sort 30 min powernaps.In the evening after bath at 7pm he will sleep off and on until midnite.From midnite to 6am he will wake x2 for feeds.From 6am-7pm he just has like x3 30min powernaps....It just all suddenly changed 4 days ago.Weird.

hey karen, i have a ten week old as well. babies are all different and books talk about babies on average. at eight weeks, alexa started being awake more in the day. she goes to bed at ten thirty, wakes up at seven am, stays awake until twelve, when she has her nap, sleeps until four thirty, and then stays up until her mini nap at seven and wakes up at eight thirty. its like she has her own routine. as babies get older they sleep less in the day! hope this helps!

I think Colton went through a short period when he stayed awake most of the day.
Now I think he still sleeps 16 hours a day; sometimes more.
Last night he went to bed at 11pm, slept until 7am-ate, went back to sleep until 9am. He will be up for 2-2.5 hours then sleep for 2-3 hours. He repeats this once more; and then will stay up for about 5 hours in the evening with one short 30min power nap. Until bedtome (which is usually 10pm).

It must be right...my LO is turning 9 weeks old and he has started to do the same...nodding on and off...i just don;t know how to keep him occupied...im thinking of buying some more toys as he is starting to winge alot more...may be boredom xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->