10mo naps

mandimoo

Reaction score
Got into a really bad habit of laying with my little girl while she went off to sleep then transfer her to own room for the night. It used to work really well & was lovely snuggly time but for a few weeks it has been progressively more difficult to get her to relax. She either bobs up & climbs all over me, sticking fingers up my nose, or tries to stand up at the headboard, just won't lay still. So I started trying to put her down in her own bed, figuring i would read up on gradual retreat. However, despite me sticking to established nap times, she often still won't sleep. Sometimes she will be so drowsy I think it's surely in the bag, but after 5 mins she'll either sit up to chatter & play, or she will gradually go into real meltdown. So I end up relenting and am currently tapping this question into my phone in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. I feel she is too young to be going to only 1 nap per day. Am I wrong? 2,3,4 was working so well for a while, what happened?!

Mine is similar... No matter how tired, she will want to sit up or crawl around the cot

I put her down in her cot, hold her arms down (really bad for my back I know :wacko:) so she can't really move... But if she gets mad at that, I roll her to the side, still holding one arm, then pat her bum until she stops fidgeting then she will put herself to sleep. The whole process rarely takes longer than 15mins.

Have u got a good bedtime routine? I think my easy bedtime is due to the bedtime routine.

Or maybe it's just a phase thar she will get over in a few weeks time? I have read about a 10month sleep regressionn:dohh:, maybe it's thar?

Will look into 10 month sleep regression. Feels like I'm wasting my life away trying to get her to sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->