10week old only taking on average 3ounce 6 times a day?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies like the title says my little boy is only taking 3ounce every 3 hours this works out as 6bottles a day as he sleeps through the night. He is content inbetween feeds and is growing how he should. I'm just wondering if this seems a small amount for a 10week old as the cow and gate tin says at 2months old he should be drinking 6ounce??

What does your 10week old drink :flower:

Hi, my dd is 13 weeks & she is the same has 6 bottles a day every 3ish hours, which range from 3-6 oz most feeds are 3-4oz but she will occasionally have 6oz so I always make up 6 just in case! I think she suffered a bit of silent reflux (health professionals said colic but I beg to differ!) and she had a terrible time taking feeds she's just started to get better/grow out of it, I too was worried but I think she just likes little and often :) as long as he is gaining weight & doing enough wet nappies I wouldn't worry x

At 10 weeks DD was still drinking 3-4 oz/day (breastmilk/formula). It wasn't until she turned 15 weeks or so that she started to drink 5-6 oz:winkwink: Now she still has at least 32 oz/day + 3 meals/day, but she LOVES her formula.

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago, LO is 14 weeks and pretty much on the same schedule, 3-4oz 6 times a day. Occasionally she'll have a bigger bottle but then she just throws up lots. She was on the 98th percentile and has dropped to the 75th - but she's generally pretty settled.

I will say though that we also suspected reflux, and her paediatrician agreed and she's now on omeprazole and domperidone so I'm kind of hoping we'll see an improvement soon and she'll eat more - if anything just to stop me worrying that she's not getting enough!.

When my daughter was born, I breast fed for the first 3 days but she wanted feeding around every half an hour and was quite a greedy baby and so she exhausted my supply pretty quickly and we had to put her on to formula. Even then she was only taking 3 oz every 4 hours and she was a fair sized baby at birth too. At her peak she only took 5 5oz bottles a day and she is perfectly healthy and a chubby little baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"