11 eggs and none fertilized, why?

cvaeh

Reaction score
Hi

I am totally devastated. We got the phone call that i have been dreading this morning. None of the 11 eggs that we got collected yesterday fertilized with IVF. The embryologist said yesterday there was no reason to suggest we needed ICSI but when she went to look at our eggs this morning none had fertilised. I only stimmed for 7 days so I was wondering if this could be the cause or are my eggs just bad?
She did say that the sperm looked like they had tried to get in and then decided not too.

Has this happened to anyone else? Will it ever work for us?

Oh honey, I'm so sorry :( I can't help, just sending you big hugs xx

Sweetie I am so sorry, I can totally sympathise with you as the same thing happened to us. I had 29 eggs collected 26 mature, DH sperm was the best ever, so they saw no reason for ICSI as it is more invasive and you can lose upto 10% of eggs. None fertilised, I was told the sperm was not binding to the eggs apparently the receptor in the egg and sperm communiate to enable fertilisation but it seems ours do not do that (this may not be the case for you as they said yours did bind, maybe the shell was a little hard) It explains why after 3 years we've never had a BFP, have you ever had one? I totally have been through the hysteria you feel, its crap! But i have come out the other side, they are confident ICSI will solve this problem as I' sure it will yours too. Can u try again with ICSI? Do u have a follow up booked? Huge hugs xxx

Thanks for your reply please.

I have unexplained fertility too and she said that this is probably why we haven't been concieving.

I just can't understand why it is happening, I feel like I am in a nightmare!
Which hospital are you at? How long do you have to wait until you can do another cycle? The thought of waiting three months or more is making everything seem worse.

Good luck to you in your next cycle xx

You are in a nightmare at the moment sweet...but nightmares always end!
Let me tell you how I turned this happening to me into a positive, I will leave out a couple of points as they were more specific to the fact I over stimulated and would'nt have been able to have a fresh transfer.
I was angry that they did'nt do ICSI, if they had of some would have fertilised...But then we would have never found out the reason we wernt conceiving, we now have an answer rather than that bloody awful UNEXPLAINED now we're not unexplained...yay! No more saying 'just maybe it will happen naturally'
It was a test run before our perfect cycle where we get our sweet BFP, they now know how we respond/the quality of eggs etc.
I am at Bourn Hall Cambridge, on the NHS it is normally is a 6 month break between fresh cycles however I argued the fact it wasnt a full fresh cycle as we never got to transfer and they said we could wait 3 months, I know to start with this seems like forever but please believe me when I say I am now greatful for this break. You need to get into a better place with this, what our heart/mind and body have been through is amense. Exactly 14 days after EC AF came, i thought things where straight back to normal...but NO, I am on CD38 now where I always have a 30/32 day cycle, my face is full of spots and I'm sure I have cysts (but I did overstimulate) so I really need this three months to get back to some sort of normal.
I'm here for you if you need to chat. xxx

Thanks, its nice to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm still hoping and praying that it might happen in the meantime but I know its stupid xx

This happened to us also. Only 6 eggs, 3 immature. We were told to do IVF as OH had sperm antibodies but on the day his sperm looked great hence they only did IVF rather than ICSI as I always thought would be the case.

We did get one embie on the Wednesday, EC was the Monday. It was a four cell. Thought this was brilliant for us and gave us hope but it didn't work, bfn.

We were told there was a binding problem too and I'll get more drugs this time to give me more eggs and definitely ICSI. I just started today DR'ing. Our cycle was a paid cycle and now this is an NHS cycle. 15 months of waiting since put on the list. After this, if it fails we'll have to wait another 15 months before another NHS go. We'll probably pay for another cycle though before then.

I was devasted when it failed, I thought we had a lighter fighter on board but it wasn't to be. I'm sorry you had no fertilisation but Please has given good reasons for getting through it all and you'll be more armed the next time. Honestly 3 months will pass quite quickly. I sure hope so anyway.

Best of luck next cycle! :hugs:

Thanks Wallie! There didn't seem to be a waiting list when we went for our first cycle so I am hoping we don't have to join the waiting list this time xx

I don't have an answer hun as I haven't been through IVF yet, but just wanted to give you plenty of these. :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->