11 months and failing miserably...

expectantdaze

Reaction score
This is my first time on her but, I've read through several posts over the last 11 months and the support you give is outstanding :flower: . so I just hope that one person reas this and can shed some light, because It’s making no sense to me...:shrug:

I'll give you a little of my History:
I stopped taking the pill 11 months ago and have been TTC since, with no luck. I’ve been checking my BBT regular and using OPK’s. However, OPKs have never shown a positive. :/

My monthly cycles have always been 32 days lasting around 2 days, and my BBT showing a dip at around CD18 (or there abouts) and a rise 2/3 days later.

However, I had a 41 day cycle in January which was unusual and as I had failed my pregnancy test I went to the doctors, who suggested I had a thyroid and hormone test.

Dates:
26 February 1st day of period CD1
4 March first bloods test CD7
18 March BBT dip CD18
20 March BBT spike CD24 (stayed high after this.)
25 March second bloods CD28
26 March (sorry for TMI) lots of very watery CM, CD29
8 March 1st day of period CD1

I called for my results last Friday which came back to say I hadn’t ovulated? Now could it be the BBT and CM do not match up? I thought my BBT had shown that I had ovulated with the dips and spikes (although I had, as always, negative OPKS) so could it have been I ovulated later? Around CD29 which is why the test didn’t pick this up because I had this done on CD28?

Obviously if my cycles are now longer 41 days rather than 32, and you ovulate 12-14 days prior to the end of your cycle, this would be about CD27-29.

Am I clutching at straws? I’m due back at the DR next week but these numbers and figures keep going over and over in my mind? And wondered if anyone else could shed anylight? Which is better BBT or CM?

Hi im not sure if i can shed much light on your prob but i will try. It could be possible you O'd later. Sometimes our bodies gear up to O and then dont do it for what ever reason. It is also possible to get an increase in oestrogen about a week before AF and some women get watery cm at this point.

Did you use opks at around cd29? It could be that you are having annovolutary cycles. This could be because of the bc and may right itself or could be due to thyroid prob.

Do you experience other signs of O? For me i get this dull ache in my right hip for about 3 days and as soon as that goes i know i have O'd. Also about 2 days after O my bbs are slightly sore on the sides. During the tww i get classic pms symptoms such as sore bbs, bloating, constipation etc. Every womans body is different so just because you don't experience these it doesn't mean your not Oing but it lets me know that i have. I hope the docs manage to work out what is going on and i hope you get a bfp soon.

I remember all these tests, hated it, so thought I would reply to you, I was a LTTC'ver for a very long time... :-(

I would suggest repeating the bloods next month to see if it was a one off or if you really aren't ovulating at all.

Its normal not to ovulate every single month.

Try not to panic yet, 11 months is not that long and if you are found to be not ovulating there are drugs you can take that can make you ovulate and have good success rates. I underatnd the fristration and the worry though, its normal.

The 32 day cycles sound quite normal, what brand of OPK's are you using and at what time of day? You need to be accurate with the time as you can easily miss the LH surge, I never ever got a + on IC's only expensive OPks would work for me and I spent loads and loads of money over the years on them.

I wonder if maybe you're right.

We've been 17 months but know it is male factor and never had any female factor.

And in fact I think it was January for me too that I had an unusually long cycle - normally 30 days and was 40!!

I also had bloods done that month and when I went for a hospital appointment they said I had failed to ovulate but when I explained it was a long cycle they said that was why the test came back negative.

Having said all that 11 months in the grand scheme of things isn't that long - she says! I was ready to jump the doctors after 6 months before the IVF lol - so while I would go ahead with the investigations don't expect there to be a 'problem'. If there is then ok and then deal with it but don't put so much pressure on yourself so soon.

I wish you aall the luck :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"