11 months, how many feeds and transition to cup

ablacketer

Just Call Me Angel :)
Reaction score
I ladies.

Rylan is my 2nd exclusively boobie fed baby. Weve made it to 11 months without a drop of formula. :thumbup: That being said, he is my first boobie baby that Ive nursed while working and its been 11 years since I nursed his brother.

How many times a day should he be nursin? right now he "noms" at 530am, 1230, and 7 (sometimes he will nurse at 2am). we offer him a cup of water with each meal and at 930am. he seems to be going through a diaper every 2 hours just fine.

weaning to cuppy. I am just fine with him nursing at 530am and 7pm for as long as he wants to. but he is getting ready to transition to the big boy room at day care and I would really like him to have his milk/noms with breakfast and lunch and snack. However he refuses to use the cup! He will drink from it if we hold it up for him but he wont tip it himself (and we have been trying cuppy for 4 months now!), cuppy with a straw only hold his attention for a few minutes and he gets around an ounce out of it if we are lucky. Any ideas???

seriously?!?!? NO one has ANY input in 3 days. Plenty of you posting about the little girl in make up but no one can be bothered to answer my question?

Sorry hun, I didn't see this one before and once it's made it down the page I usually don't get down that far. My DD was having 4 feeds a day and 1 overnight at 11 months, usually about 6am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm (also 2am ish) with 3 solid meals, so your son sounds fine. I think even if he were down to just morning and bedtime at 11 months, that's normal too. I can't help mch with the cup - we started trying my DD with some milk in a cup at 6 months, and she didn't really drink much from it until about 13 months, although she drank water from a cup fine. One thing that I think helped was that we used a certain cup with a soft spout for milk only, and a different kind of cup for water. So we always offered the "milk" cup in place of bottles while I was at work and I think eventually she got the idea about that cup having milk in it. Now she's 22 months and we still have trouble getting her to drink milk from other kinds of cups, so that's our next challenge!

Sorry hun, only just saw this. My LO is a bit younger than yours but is nursing roughly the same as yours, except more frequently at night :dohh:

Sounds like you're doing a great job and congrats on getting to 11 months!!!

With regards to refusing the cup, my LO is not a fan either. Have you tried a cup with a straw? Isaac much prefers that. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->