11 week old in Ergo without insert?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I really need a sling for a trip when my LO will be 11 weeks. We have an Ergo and I have the newborn insert but it's basically a quilt and not at all suitable for August. Around the house she goes in it fine already, I use the cushion part so she's higher up but not the wrap part. She has quite good head control but not when she's sleeping, but surely that's true of older babies too? She's around 11lb now.

Does/did anyone use the ergo without the insert before 4 months/12lb? If not why not? I need it to be safe and comfortable for hours at a time. Should I hire a different carrier for a few weeks?

I used my Ergo without the insert starting at 6 days old! I rolled up a blanket to put under her bum to boost her up and made sure to use my hand to support her head if I was bending over or moving quickly and she was perfectly fine in it.

If she fits fine (isn't too far down and is secure, not wobbling around), then that's fine. It's more about size than about age/weight and also about if it's comfortable for you too. When sleeping, you might just need to support her head or use the hood if yours came with one to support her a bit.

I'm using a manduca with Emma and don't use the inbuilt insert (and wouldn't use the ergo insert if it was hot) I just roll a blanket up under her bum. She's 9lbs 3oz and 54cm long. Seems to work just fine!

I've just got my ergo and will be using it for the first time this weekend. I'm not going to be using either an insert or cushion, ds is on the 75th for height though so probably the same as 3.5/4 months other wise I would have used a blanket rolled up. He is 12lbs now or there about but still only 2 months.
I put him in it the other day when he was a bit fussy just to try it out and he settled right down. I love it already and haven't even used it properly yet :)

I used it with just the cushion for a long walk the other day and she was fine! I did automatically support her head when bending but it wasn't an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->