11 week ulrasound. Anybody else get scared?

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
I have my 11 week ultrasound on the 29th. That's when I'll get to hear the heart beat for the first time. I'm scared. I have this fear that they won't find a heart beat. I haven't had any spotting or anything, but I'm still afraid.
Did anybody else have this fear? And if so, how did you deal with it?

i do,i had 2 mmc 5 yrs ago and they died at 8 wks but didnt find out till 12 week scan,this time having early scan but the worry is still there,buy yourself a doppler can get em fairly chp i have one ready for when i reach 10 wks which is when you can hear ot on it apparently,everyone worrys whether theyll hear it at scan and the vast majority do and no problems

I think it's natural to feel like that! I definitely do! I am trying with all my might to think positively but until I see my little bean's heartbeat then I don't think I will truly not worry!

Lots of luck xx

Thanks, glad I'm not the only one. I think I just have a "too good to be true" complex. Now that I've accepted it and started looking forward to everything, I feel like I need to be on guard. :/

I think everyone feelslike that hun. Try not to worry about it and enjoy it. Its such a great feeling when you see bubs HB and find there really isnt anything at all to worry about. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I have my 2nd scan on the 29th tooand cannot wait to see how much he/she has grown.

I feel the same. My 1st scan isn't for a few weeks but I am soooooo scared incase something bad happens, trying not to think about it but it's not easy x

i remeber my 11 weeks scan.... u will not ony hear a hearbeat .... u will also see what looks like a baby, its amazing! u think at 11 weeks there only be like a blob or something lol but nope ull see a baby bouncing around...

i was totally scared for my scan, really worried there would be no heartbeat but went for the scan on friday and it was wonderfull, we dont get to hear the heartbeat as such just see it flickering on the screen.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated.
I had my first scan the week I found out, because my doctor wanted to make sure everything was in the right place. (Plus I'm pretty sure she's anti-abortion, and even though that never crossed my mind, she knows that once a woman sees the baby the thought of abortion flies out the window)
So, at 6 weeks I got to see a little flutter of a heart beat on the screen. It was so cute, even though it looked like a jelly bean. :)

I was a mix of emotions but when I saw the little one I had a small tear trickle down my cheek:) I heard the heart beat it was so neat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->