12 week scan, all great but what on earth is this on my scan pic???

Tanya86

Mummy to one hooligan!
Reaction score
Hi girls

Had my 12 week scan on Friday and everything was great which was hugely reassuring as I had some bleeding at 10/11 weeks. Fluid behind the neck was 1.4mm which is pleasing and baby was measuring 53mm.

Anyway we got the picture and when we looked at it there is something on the left hand side that could be a leg, the umbilical cord or as my other half said - a massive willy!!

I am not sure its a leg as if so I think our baby will have a career in the high jump, plus it looks too straight but it does look like a foot on the end - any ideas???

Attachments

• IMG_0059[1].jpg
    IMG_0059[1].jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 71
looks like a leg to me :) i had a scan and saw my son put his foot in his mouth lol looked well strange, i was convinced i had 2 in there and he was eating the other ones foot cause it looked too strange x

babys are mad our scan of charlie he had his fist in the air lol

Its a leg, I think hun! X

looks like he is stretching his leggies out haha!

Haha, looks like s/he's lounging back, relaxing! And what a chubby little belly! So cute!

tbh it doesnt look like any body part to me, I think it looks like the edge of your uterus or sac (not sure which) and the reason it looks like a foot at the top is cause it goes in a circle but the picture doesnt show it all iykwim?

tbh it doesnt look like any body part to me, I think it looks like the edge of your uterus or sac (not sure which) and the reason it looks like a foot at the top is cause it goes in a circle but the picture doesnt show it all iykwim?

Oh I think you're right because it follows the line of the sac on the other side...but baby still has a cute chubby little belly!!

Cute Photo... Bubs looks soooo chilled there.. xx

Hi hun - I don't think at 12 weeks the baby extends its legs...that's why they measure crown to rump in the early stages and at 20 weeks + they start to measure crown to heel as this is around the time the baby extends its legs. So at a guess its the cord or something else. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->