12 Week Scan Anxiety

SophieBey

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I am 10 weeks today and will be having my trisomy blood test this week, then the NT scan in 2 wks. I havent had any bleeding or cramping or anything to really worry me and I have been feeling sick every day/night.

I had a friend who was pregnant a couple days between us & she went for her scan at 8 weeks only to find that she'd had a blighted ovum/missed miscarriage (not sure which one but there was never a hb or baby sighted just the sac) and she never had any pregnancy symptoms. I had a scan at 6+3 and saw/heard the heart beat at 141bpm but I am so nervous about my scan in 2 wks that ill go in and the baby would have stopped growing and that Ive had a missed miscarriage :(

anyone else worried too?

Popping in from 2nd tri I felt this way at my 18 week u/s didn't have a 12 week one the last I had was at 8+5 bc of bleeding and horrible cramps the 10 weeks were a nightmare igot my doppler the same week of my apt and helped me calm down

FX for you Hun if you haven't had any thing to point that something is wrong chances are your ok :hugs:

Popping in from 2nd tri I felt this way at my 18 week u/s didn't have a 12 week one the last I had was at 8+5 bc of bleeding and horrible cramps the 10 weeks were a nightmare igot my doppler the same week of my apt and helped me calm down

FX for you Hun if you haven't had any thing to point that something is wrong chances are your ok :hugs:

Thank you for re assurance hun. thats what everyone keeps telling me but i just want this so bad i guess im really worried that something will go wrong. Can a doppler find a heart beat at 10 weeks? I may consider buying one.

I didn't get one til 17 weeks but I heard the sonoline b Doppler work really good, mines a cheaper one angelsounds if you don't mind spending a little go with sonoline eBay has them or amazon it does give you piece of mind

I'm the completely same, I'm petrified! My scans on Wednesday & for the past couple of days I've had insomnia, crying and panicking & now I've just woken to a nightmare :(

I don't know how to calm down tbh, I'm just trying to keep myself occupied.

I don't think BnB helps much tbf! :nope:
Hopefully we both see healthy bouncing babies on our scans :hugs: xx

I'm the completely same, I'm petrified! My scans on Wednesday & for the past couple of days I've had insomnia, crying and panicking & now I've just woken to a nightmare :(

I don't know how to calm down tbh, I'm just trying to keep myself occupied.

I don't think BnB helps much tbf! :nope:
Hopefully we both see healthy bouncing babies on our scans :hugs: xx

Thank you Lucy. I will look into it and see how I go.

I agree Amy I dont think B&B helps at all...every few days you will read of a loss which can be really distressing because u naturally think the same will happen to you. I brang this up in the past but was attacked by a few people so I just try not to read them anymore.

I hope noone on here ever has to go thru a loss again that would be wonderful but were living in the real world and all we can do is hope for the best xx May god be with us all and our angels xx

Hey hun I know exactly how you feel. I'm 10 week 6 days today. I may as well say I'm 11 weeks. I don't get a 12 week scan , my next scan will be at 19 weeks to find out the sex. I'm so afraid that the baby stopped growing. There are some days that are worse then others. Sometimes I feel like everything is fine.

Chances are everything is ok and we're just worrying for nothing! What reassures me is how much more my belly has grown since my last scan. Just keep praying! Keep your faith in God everything will be ok I promise! Good luck!

I'm about a day away from being 9 weeks, and I have my very first scan Sept 17th, and I'm absolutely petrified of this happening to me!! For the longest time I didn't even think I could get pregnant, so when I did it was a mixture of feelings but excitement was certainly one of them. And of course my family and friends are also excited and have already went on shopping sprees! However, I have close to no symptoms! I should be thrilled that this pregnancy is going so easy, but at the same time I keep thinking "Maybe if I just felt sick all the time, I wouldn't worry like this!!" I'm not even sure what I would do if I go into my appt and this happened..

Good luck :hugs:

I found the heartbeat on a Doppler at 10 weeks x

Thank you Beyond & Briashay....hearing from those feeling the same makes me feel normal I guess. I think it is absolutely normal to worry but I seem to be worrying more this time than with my first pregnancy. I think because it took me longer to fall pregnant this time than last time. Heres to a happy and healthy 9 mths to us all ladies xxxx

I was absolutely petrified when I went for mine on Friday. I have never been so scared in my life :( Part of this is because I've not really had any symptoms plus I've had 2 previous MC's and never got this far.

For me, I went in with the thoughts of all doom and gloom, only so that if anything bad show up then I wouldn't be so heart broken (I still would have been but atleast I was prepared for it). They say to go in with an open mind.

My mind was put at ease as soon as I got in the room and the U/S began, the first thing she said was "1 baby, 1 heartbeat". I relaxed so much after that and was able to enjoy the experience.

Its natural to be scared hun, I wish you all the luck in the world for your scan :hugs:

I am having my 12 week scan on Friday and I'm kinda looking forward to it. I had a scan at 9 weeks and the baby was fine with a heart beat but measuring behind 5 days. Although I know things can go wrong, I passed my miscarriage point and relaxing more. I think it helps that I'm still moody and tired so I have some signs, but i wasn't worried at one point with DS and I didn't have a scan with him until 20 weeks!

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm worrying similarly :) I haven't heard heartbeat or had any scans yet, but my dating scan is Tuesday and I am so nervous. I think it's normal... I assume many if the ladies on bnb have been ttc very hard, and taken a while, so once it happens, you want everything to work so badly. I try to reassure myself with how chunky I look in the belly lol, and the morning sickness that I didn't have with my DS. Try to think positive! I think once you start feeling movements, all will be easier.

Pregnancy is such a worrying time for us ladies isn't it? First you worry about that first ultrasound, then you worry about forgetting to count movement, then you can't remember if you felt movement, then you continue to worry even after the baby is born :wacko: I still worry about my daughter!

I'm anxious about mine too! It's on Thursday (So I'll be 13 weeks)

I had a scan at 9+6 because I have HG and everything was fine, measuring the right size, saw a heart beat.. Little bean was even jumping about in there!

But I still fret about it!

:hugs: I think it is only natural...I have my 12 week scan in around 2 weeks...im excited but slightly anxious too...the symptoms I get make me believe all will be ok...try and be positive...my positivity keeps me going!

Goodluck hun...look forward to seeing the scan pics! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"