12 week scan on monday anyone?

I very nearly made the same post. I have mine tomorrow too.

I feel irrationally nervous. I know that baby is as well as they can be in there, we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and I've heard it a few times with my doppler too but part of me still finds it hard to believe that there is something growing in there! I'm excited and looking forward to seeing him/her again though!

My appointment is at 0950. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the test results back, I'll be going back to work once we know that everything is okay but I'm not in a rush to return :p

Yes, I believe it is combined with blood tests - which reminds me, I need to go find the form, it seems like a lifetime ago that I saw my midwife!

I had to have one of the very first blood tests they did repeated as I tested false positive for something not very nice :haha:

Yes, I was very glad too, I did have to have another blood test to confirm it was a false positive. My poor OH's face was an absolute picture when I told him :haha:

I saw her for my booking appointment when I was 6w4d, my GP told me to see her sooner because I'm classed as high risk (underactive thyroid, just need more monitoring during pregnancy), I won't see her again until I'm 16 weeks although I have an appointment with a consultant when I'm 15 weeks xx

I do but I'll be 11 weeks 5 days!

Mine is on Tuesday! I wish you all the best ladies!!

I don't think so, it's just really important to keep my levels at the correct level so I just need them to be monitored more frequently than if I wasn't pregnant. Apparently it doesn't affect my choices over how or where to give birth which I'm pleased about :)

I don't think so, it's just really important to keep my levels at the correct level so I just need them to be monitored more frequently than if I wasn't pregnant. Apparently it doesn't affect my choices over how or where to give birth which I'm pleased about :)

Well that's good then! Hopefully they stay at the correct levels for you!

Mine is tomorrow at 11+ 6 weeks, at 11.50am. Feeling nervous :)

I'm not long home from my scan - it took forever to have my blood taken afterwards!

Baby is perfect and was wiggling away :D I'm measuring a couple days ahead of what I think I am although it would have had to be a miracle conception for the extra days to be correct :p

We bought three photos (at £10 each!) I think this is the best one although having taken a photo of the photo with my phone the quality doesn't look so great.

Good luck for everyone else's scan today :D xx

I'm not long home from my scan - it took forever to have my blood taken afterwards!

Baby is perfect and was wiggling away :D I'm measuring a couple days ahead of what I think I am although it would have had to be a miracle conception for the extra days to be correct :p

We bought three photos (at £10 each!) I think this is the best one although having taken a photo of the photo with my phone the quality doesn't look so great.

Good luck for everyone else's scan today :D xx

Ahh that's amazing! What a good picture! That's crazy they charge you for pictures.. Anything for a buck huh?

So thrilled for you! Did they say how long till you get your results for the combined blood and scan?

My apt isn't for another 5.5 hours! Ugh!!

I was amazed that it was £10 per picture. We had a private early scan at 8 weeks and that was £50 which included 3 pictures.

They said if we don't hear anything in the next week then we're not considered high risk. I'm not conerned after the measurement they took - we would continue with the pregnancy whatever the outcome but we'd just rather know and be prepared if there were to be any issues if that makes sense?

I can see lots of people reading the thread and not commenting - hello silent lurkers!

Silent lurkers! Come in :)

Well hopefully you don't hear anything. I know what you mean. Would you go onto further testing if something showed up?

With my son I didn't have the NT scan done but with my current dr. its routine. I wouldn't have gone for it but I figured why deny a chance to see the baby?!

I'm not sure if we would go on to have the further testing due to the risks involved, however small they may be.

I did some googling and apparently there is a blood test you can have done privately, I think it costs around £600 which can give conclusive results, it's just not widely available yet. I haven't given it too much of my attention because it's more of a crossing that bridge if I need to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->