12 week scan on Thursday

Night Flower

Reaction score
Hi ladies <3

I have my first scan on Thursday, I'll be 11 weeks and 6 days along.

I'm really nervous. #1 reason is that so many of our fellow women are MC. :'( And they find out at 12 weeks that they MC.

I'm feeling pregnant. Other times I just feel nauseous and tired and full of gas and poop and no baby. All in all, pregnancy symptoms. But still. I'm nervous.

Anyone else having their 12 w scan next week?

Hello lovely. I know it's so sad isn't it.. My scan is not next Thursday, but the Thursday after, I will be 12+4 and it will be the first time we see baby and I'm getting nervous.. When you say you feel pregnant what do you mean? I am very funny about foods and smells at the moment and if I don't look after myself I'm sick, but.. I don't feel much in my womb at the moment, no stretching.. Although my tummy is firmer to touch which is nice :)

What I mean my *feel pregnant* is, well. I'm not sure. Some days I feel emotionally pregnant and other days I'm like "am I really 11 weeks along now? But I don't feel like it".

I'm not hormonal or emotional or anything yet. Every day I have pregnancy type symptoms.

I guess, each time I think about being pregnant, I'm shocked. Lol. Even though I've known for the last 8 weeks.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I'm not too sure I know what even I mean. :p

Oh I know what you mean about being nervous...even though this is baby #3 for us, the nerves are still the same as they were with #1! And especially when we are on a support forum where miscarriages appear common. Which honestly, having been through them myself I know they are but I also know that worrying is not going to change a thing. Try to stay calm and focused on the fact that there's a precious little blessing inside you right this second!!! :flower: I too will be having an appointment on the 25th (I will be 12 weeks and 2 or 3 days)...it will not be for an ultrasound---unless they can't find the heartbeat with the doppler externally---as I already had a scan at 7 weeks showing a healthy little bean growing away and we are choosing not to have any testing done at 12 weeks. So I am just praying they will find the heartbeat right away with the doppler so I don't completely lose it!!! :blush: Even though seeing the growth would be amazing and of course seeing baby again would be incredible...I also know the less ultrasounds the better! And so I will hold tight for our 20 week scan. Hang in there and keep us posted after your scan!!! :hugs:

Hehe you made enough sense don't worry :p this is my first baby and it's hard to tell how my uterus 'should' feel at this stage you know.. It does feel different now, I know at least that much!

I think I am more aware of my womb, it feels heavier and thicker.. I have an angel sounds and I haven't been able to find baby yet, but I'm trying not to use it much, I worry about u/s as well.

Good luck with your scan and your appointment, I'm sure they will be perfect :)

Yay! I'm sure everything will be fine but it's so normal to worry, just keep positive :flower:
I have mine on Tuesday and I'm so excited but nervous at the same time! I should be exactly 12 weeks :D

I have my scan on Thursday too! I will be 13+1 after a bit of a delay getting my midwife sorted.

I've already had a scan at 10 weeks after a heavy bleed, and baby was fine then, so hopefully this will just be a chance to see little kidney bean waving back again. It will also be the first time my OH has come along, so first time for him to see bean, which is really exciting :flower:

If all goes well, I'll be telling friends & family next weekend, which I've been SO looking forward to :cloud9:

As for how I should look, well I am thicker around the middle, but nothing obvious. I got measured for a new bra today, and explained I was nearly 13 weeks pregnant to the assistant, who looked really shocked. I guess I don't look pregnant, even stripped down :haha:

Thankyou ladies. I'm feeling a bit reassured. I'm sure this week will blast by and Thursday will be here quick enough =)

I'm having my first scan on thursday too I will be 12+5 I'm really nervous too keep thinking there will be nothing on the screen as I don't feel pregnant at all. I've told close family and friends but still not sunk in. Also a bit scared that when I see bubba on the screen they'll be no denying it then! So scared lol
Good luck with ur scans ladies

I'm not as far as y'all but I'm feeling just like y'all!!! I'm so nervous for my scan in 2 weeks.. I've been begging dh for a Doppler, but he's really not wanting me to get one... but I think it will reassure me, hopefully!!! My belly is poking out and I'm having a lot of stretching growing pains, and lots of strong symptoms , but I just can't help but worry!!!! Having had a missed miscarriage really screws with your head and your heart too... not wanting to get too attached but already loving this baby like crazy!!! Just want these next two weeks to fly by!!!!

I have my 12 week genetic scan on Friday and go between nervous and excited. Since I had to previous losses (one chemical and one MMC found at 8 weeks) I have been lucky enough to have early scans. My last was at 9+1 and it reassured me for a while. Now, I am just crossing my fingers and toes that everything will look great. Also getting the Maternal Fetal DNA blood draw and should have the results by Dec. 4 or 5.

We have to travel to a geneticist so I will leave on Thursday and will stay in the citi through the weekend.

Good luck to you ladies! I hope the next few days fly by for us all!!

My scan is on Thursday, too! We had a sneak preview yesterday because I had a little bit of bleeding on Friday. It was so lovely to see the little one bouncing around. Can't wait to see him/her again and I'll definitely have a very full bladder this time as we couldn't get a great photo yesterday. The midwife thought that the baby might be a week younger than we thought but she couldn't get a clear measurement so we'll see on Thursday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->