12 week scan yesterday but gestational age and due date don't match?!

Kay0102

Reaction score
Had my 12 week scan yesterday (6/10) and was very happy to see a healthy happy baby and was dated at 12+4 with a due date of 17th April. I thought this was strange as it brought me forward 4 days from my estimated date of 19th April (but only 2 days between 17th and 19th) I know it's only a matter of days but I'm confused as this due date makes me 12+3 today?? X

https://i61.tinypic.com/33p7nm1.jpg

If you're due 17th April, you are 12+3 today, that's correct.

I know but sonographer said he dated me at 12+4 yesterday. Just put babies crown to rump length which was 62mm in that website it calculates gestation and that said 12+4 as well. It's important in a way as I'm working up to due date again and don't fancy my waters breaking there haha. So due date should be 15th April x

Yeah I see what you're saying! ID maybe mention it at your next scan and ask why the diff between gestation and edd .
By the way 15th April is a great day to be born, all the best people are born on that day. Did I mention it's my birthday too?! ☺️😉

Yeah I see what you're saying! ID maybe mention it at your next scan and ask why the diff between gestation and edd .
By the way 15th April is a great day to be born, all the best people are born on that day. Did I mention it's my birthday too?! ☺️😉

Yeah I think I will. I'm due to see consultant next so will bring it up there. Haha my friend said the same and conveniently that is her birthday as well lol! X

Just remember only 7% of women deliver on their EDD :) I'm nervous because based on O, I am due two days before school ends and I would love to make it to at least the second to last week of school. When in doubt, I call for clarification. Sorry for not being any help

Oh I know my last two were 12 and 9 days over! Haha x

I can understand the confusion. Just confused the heck out of myself trying to get my head around the details in your photo.

I had my own 12 week today and have the EDD of 17th April, making me 12+3 (got put back by 1 day). So if you were really 12+4 yesterday then your EDD surely should've been put down as 15th April. Wouldn't it?? Definitely question it.

Someone mentioned about next year being a leap year which could be the reason but yours matches your due date. Very confusing haha x

Someone mentioned about next year being a leap year which could be the reason but yours matches your due date. Very confusing haha x

True, might've been a computing error. I know my programmer Hubby hates leap years cause of the amount of code he sees that can't handle them due to other programmers forgetting they exist. Oddly enough at my booking appointment the hospitals system kept trying to set my date for 19th April, even the midwife knew it was wrong and had to override it. Still could be simple human error :)

Ah good old leap year, never thought of that.

I want to deliver late! I would love to make it to summer with my class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->