12 week scan yesterday - finally breathing easy!

AmyElizabeth

Reaction score
All,

I thought you girls could stand to hear some more good news, there is always so much sadness lurking around 1st tri :(

Anyway, had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything was just fabulous. I had scans at 7+3 and 9+3, but for some reason couldn't be convinced that everything was going to be fine. When the image first came up I couldn't see the heartbeat at first, but then there it was, just beating away 164 bpm!

We had the nuchal scan done, and I'm really so glad we did. We have no risk factors, and I'm only 29, but there's something so relieving about hearing a risk number like 1 in 125,000! I highly recommend it, it's just more information to put in your cap for consideration, and has no risk to the baby.

The sonographer was super, and took her time to show us two little legs and feet and two little arms waving around. The funniest part was when the baby was all balled up and she wanted to take a measurement. She sort of jabbed at my stomach with the instrument (right on my full bladder, ouch!) and it uncurled and stretched! So incredible to think how little separates our little ones from the big, bad outside world...

Anyway, take heart ladies, this is such a scary time, and we had our share of fears - rational and irrational - but now I'm finally starting to believe that I really will get to walk away with a healthy baby at the end of all this.

What a miracle, and thank you to all the girls who have coached me through my neuroses over the last few weeks, you are the best!!!!

Great news sweetie!! Can't wait for my NT scan in just over a week!!! So nervous!!!

Congratulations - I had my scan yesterday and also felt like a great weight had been lifted! It's an incredible relief! Glad you enjoyed your experience as much as I did (but I also had to be 'jabbed' on a full bladder! When she had finished she said to me "If you want to take a seat while I sort the paperwork out...." I was like "NO! I HAVE to go to the loo and come back!" I was in pain! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->