12 weeks and bleeding last night. What do you think...?

WishUponAStar

Mummy to two cutie-pies x
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Well I had my dating scan 5 days ago, and we saw the baby moving around, playing with its cord, kicking its legs, spinning around - all sorts! It was amazing.... The baby's age was 11 weeks 2 days on that day, so I'm 12 weeks today! (I still haven't updated,my ticker....)

I'm trying to stay positive, and I've been so happy this past few days telling friends and family about the pregnancy. That was until last night, when I went to the loo before bed (about 10pm) and when I wiped there was quite a bit (but not loads - only enough to show on the loo paper and nothing like a period....) of bright red watery "blood". I wiped again and there was the same amount and consistency. I wiped once more and there wasn't so much.... I was very upset and worried though, and woke up with a start at 2.30am wondering if it was still happening, so I went to the loo again and there wasn't much, just watery again and pale brown. This morning I got up as usual at 7am and there was nothing. Maybe a bit of brown tint when I wiped.

I'm sooooo sorry for too much information, but I can't get through to my midwife yet to talk to her. I thought you ladies might have some reassurance....? :cry:

I'm sooooo sorry for too much information, but I can't get through to my midwife yet to talk to her. I thought you ladies might have some reassurance....? :cry:
This happened to me a couple of times early on. My pregnancy carried on pretty normally from there. (Until 26 weeks when a completely unrelated problem led to Abby being born at 29 weeks)

I would get it checked out though. Keep trying the midwife or failing that call your doctor or NHS 24.

Call your doctor or midwife and explain to them that you've had some spotting. It's actually QUITE normal but should always be addressed. I've been bleeding BRIGHT RED for 7 days and change now with large clots etc but have 2 ultrasounds (last one on the 5th DURING the bleeding) showing a very happy, healthy, well implanted baby. You COULD have a low lying placenta or since you're 12 weeks it could be placental implantation bleeding as your placenta takes over for the rest of your pregnancy. I wouldn't worry too much but I would bring it up with the good ole doc or mw :)

I agree with the two ladies above huni. Light bleeding is relatively normal during pregnancy (so I've read,although I'm sure it'd panic me). But if I were you, I would get yourself checked out no matter what! For peace of mind if anything, then if it turns out to be nothing, your be relieved! Even if it's light bleeding. Just take yourself to the hospital or to your doctors to be sure!
Let us know what happens. Best of luck sweetheart. Xx

Hi there, I've had quite a bit of bleeding and I know it's not nice so I would ring your gp to get them to book you another scan to put your mind at rest. The chances of anything happening at this stage are so minute but it doesn't stop us from worrying.

Hope everything is ok, let us know how you get on xx

i had this with my 3rd pregnancy it was when the placenta takes over the midwife was pretty confident it was this and it was, try not to worry but defo let your midwife know ! im sure everything will be fine sweetie

Hi,

I'm really not sure, but wanted to wish you best of luck :hugs: x

Nothing to add but didnt want to read and run. Hope you manage to get hold of your midwife wo can put your mind at rest huggles xxx

Hi everyone, and thanks for the replies.... They were quite reassuring for me yesterday x

Well, I called the midwife again at lunchtime yesterday, and she asked me a few questions....
Had I had intercourse (no)
Was I still bleeding (no - it was only when i was at the toilet that night, and was only when I wiped a couple of times. It had basically gone after that)
Was it like a period (no - it was a brighter, lighter red and watery, and nowhere near as heavy as periods were)
Did I have a pain in my tummy when it happened or afterwards (no - and the MW said this is positive).

So, after the questions she said she would call the Early Pregnancy Unit at the hospital and book me in for an appointment to check how everything is, and put our minds at rest. She called back 5 minutes later with the appointment for next Tuesday 15th at 9am - almost a week later! If there was anything to be overly concerned about, surely she would've got me in earlier....?

So I have a couple of questions now, maybe someone can help?
1. I must take a urine sample with me next week. I have done a couple for the midwife before but they have given me a container to put it in. Because all this was done over the phone, now I don't have a container! What can I use instead?
2. My blood type in O Rh. negative - could any bleeding / spotting even this small be dangerous?

Thanks for reading x

So I have a couple of questions now, maybe someone can help?
1. I must take a urine sample with me next week. I have done a couple for the midwife before but they have given me a container to put it in. Because all this was done over the phone, now I don't have a container! What can I use instead?
Any clean plastic or glass container. A water bottle or coffee jar etc. Just make sure you wash it out well, pour boiling water into it and let it stand.

They are pretty good at picking up contaminants which shouldn't be there. The one thing that can cause a problem is excess sugar so careful if you use a juice bottle, just make sure it is properly cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->