12 weeks and eating less??

Bertsbaby1

Reaction score
Hi ladies. My LO is just about 12 weeks old. He was eating between 30 and 35 ozs per day but has eaten about 1.5 oz less per bottle today and yesterday. Yesterday he ate 28.5 ozs and today is only on track to eat 26 ozs.

Is it possible that he ate so much for the last 10 days or so as part of a growth spurt and now is tapering off? Can he just have a few not so hungry days?

He would normally eat, burp halfway, then eat the rest of the full bottle of 6 ozs. The last two days, he's eaten, burped halfway then got angry and cried when we tried to feed him the rest of his bottle....

Any help is appreciated! :flower:

I'm not really very sure, my baby will be 10 weeks on Thursday and he seems to be eating abit less, I think he has about 120 mls every feed probably every 3 hours, whereas he was having 150 mls every 2 and a half hours. I did read that it can slow down, I read they find the amount they need and stick with it, but I know that soon enough he'll be guzzling down more again when he has another growth spurt.

Is he pooing and weeing ok?

I wonder if he's got abit of a bad tummy if he is crying? My boy did go through a stage of doing that, kept crying while feeding, I couldn't work out what was wrong with him, he seemed perfectly cheerful the rest of the time, but feeding him became difficult cos he'd be gulping it down and then would start grizzling. It passed within a couple of days. He's a real piggy, I wondered whether he got upset cos the milk wasn't coming out fast enough!! lol

Thanks for responding... :)

He's still not eating well. He usually eats 6 oz and after a four hour gap, only ate 2 ozs... :(

I'm going to take him to the clinic this afternoon to see if they can help.

He's happy as long as I'm not trying to feed him. He isn't even crying to eat like he's hungry - I just keep feeding him every four hours as we usually would.

I'm so worried. It can't be normal for him to go from around 35 ozs/day to 25 oz/day... :(

Mine did exactly the same at around 12 weeks-over 30oz to under 20oz. I was worried sick and took her to te doctor who gave her a thorough examination. My Lo's bahaviour was the same as usual-didnt seem unwell.

Had to get a wee sample as the gp was ticking all the boxes, but four days later she is back to 30 to 40 oz:shrug:

A few of my friends with similar aged babies have all been throgh the same-weird!

I expect it will pass, BUT, no harm in taking to the doctor if you are worried. As long as the wee nappies keep coming your LO is probably just having a few non hngry days:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->