12 weeks later and I am still bitterly disappointed

gk1701

Reaction score
I've read all the threads where people say they cheered up right away. I found out at 20 weeks we are having a boy but we wanted another girl. I don't feel any better about it. It's like a stab in the heart every time I think about it and I keep imagining the little girl I wanted. I'm almost 33 weeks now and I feel exactly the same as I did when I found out- gutted :cry:

I feel the same way, but a slightly different situation. I just found out today that I'm having a girl, when my bf and I so desparatately wanted a boy. I'm trying to force myself to be excited about having a girl, but I just can't shake this disappointment.

I feel completely gutted and bummed out. I keep trying to look at baby girl nursery themes, but everytime I do, I just feel like crying. It feels like a punch in the gut whenever I see a baby boy on tv. I knew I'd be disappointed if I wasn't having a boy, but I didn't know it would be this bad.

Trust me girls it does get easier. I'm sorry that you're feeling that way.
Might take a while, but it does. Might not happen during the rest of your pregnancy or even at birth, but once you see that your healthy little baby needs you and loves you more than life itself you will accept that you have a little miracle regardless of boy or girl.

I truly believe every baby is with us for a reason, they were chosen especially for us and it may not be clear now just why. But eventually there will come a time when we wonder how could we have possibly wanted them to be anyone but who they are.

Aww, I'm so sorry you feel like this, but it does get easier. I had GD really bad when I found out my 2nd Lo was another boy. like you, my GD didn't go away all through my pregnancy. He's 4 months old now and I just love him to bits and wouldn't change him for the world and feel so guilty for having GD whilst pregnant with him. Being totally honest, I still have GD now, but I'm only grieving for the Girl I didn't have. We are going to TTC again in Sept and try and sway Girl.
Please don't feel bad about feeling this way, GD is an awful thing, but I promise you, you will feel better once he is here. Good luck with your pregnancy. xxx

Hey GK. Like you I still had very severe GD at 33 weeks. In fact I had it throughout the pregnancy and after birth. You can read my story in my post in this forum (To the baby boy I thought I didn't want).

I think what Mother of Boys said is right- sometimes it is a slow dance to acceptance. And it can be difficult when everyone around you is saying that "you feel differently soon," and you are not sure what feeling differently would even look like. But eventually, you will look at your tiny son and be so, so glad he is exactly who he is.

Honestly, please read my post- I am not spruiking, I promise! I just feel like it is way too long to relay here, but is a good description of the stages and processes some of us have to go through before we can really enjoy our boy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->