12 weeks NT scan in 11 days! Waiting buddies?

Had mine today and it went great. Yay! X

I had mine this morning, it was aaaaaaace! Yay!!
Didn't cry either. Was too busy holding in my wee.

The baby was so lively. He/she ended up totally upside down on its head at one point. I have a feeling I'm having a boy.

Just got the NT scan done where they look for down syndrome and other birth defects. They said there was extra fluid around the neck which means there is a 85% chance the baby has down syndrome, dwarfism, heart defect or genetic defect. The blood test I took last week will produce a 98% accuracy on either. Or I can do a Amino fluid test, where they stick a needle in your stomach, but it can cause death to the baby, its 100% accurate. I dont want to do that, so now we are just waiting on the Harmony results. Baby was moving around and heart rate still 179. Looked like he/she had my juicy lips, lol. Trying not to worry about the results, regardless we are keeping our baby.

Babifever, I'm sorry there's some concerns with the extra fluid. It sounds a great way to look at it re not panicking too much and knowing that either way, you are going to keep your little bubba. I hope though it will be good news :)

Sb - glad your scan went well! I was dying for a wee too. I also have a feeling I'm having boy. Not long now until we can find out if we want too!

x

Hi there my scan went great!
Baby is already measuring 6,8cm!

Tink - has your due date changed? Mine has, I'm due 15th September now

Liz, glad yours went fab!

Bunnyhop, not too long now. Hope the next 6 days go quickly for you.

Sb, mine did as well to the 12th. So that was nice I was a day ahead from before.

X

I said earlier I wasn't going to call, but I changed my mind. The nurse was like I was going to call earlier, but the doc was busy and she has to review the results.

Far most everything was negative for down syndrome or any other abnormalities tested. My question of concern is if this eliminates the possibility of heart defects....I assume that will be be monitored as baby grows.

oh yea and its A BOY

Yay congratulations babifever! That's fab news that the harmony results were good and congratulations on your little boy:cloud9:

Scan tomorrow... I'm feeling so sick with nerves!! Just want it over with and to know if baby is OK...

Good luck lovely. I hope tomorrow brings good news and that today goes as quickly as possible. Xx

I kinda felt like I was the only person who hadn't had an early ultrasound, it doesn't make it real until you've seen the baby I think, mines on the 12th March

Hi mines also on the 12th March! 9am so pleased its early! Cant wait!

Good luck ladies!
We're stalking for updates :)

I forgot to mention, my baby is most likely ...a boy :)

Had my scan yesterday! All good apart from baby being very awkward! Phew, so relieved!

That's great news!
Why do you say your baby was awkward?

That's great news!
Why do you say your baby was awkward?

He wasn't in a very good position for the scan and didn't feel like moving lol

On my notes they wrote 'ultrasound view restricted due to fetal attitude' haha!

I have mine tomorrow. I can't wait...although slightly nervous at the same time.

ppsteph - those notes are funny :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->