12 weeks, suffering with HG sickness !! Advice??

Sjsxx

Reaction score
Anyone else been suffering with terrible sickness or hyperemesis?? Nearly 13 weeks now and it's not easing up, have lost nearly 2 stone and been hospitalised been on cyclizine the full time. Eating is a struggle! lucky to keep any food down. Have 12 week scan tomorrow and I'm so nervous! If anyone has any tips or advice on easing the sickness please share! :)
Hope everybody is well :)
Sj x

I've been pregnant 6x. I had HG in 5 of those pregnancies. Hospitalization, IVs, meds, anxiety attacks due to being allergic to some anti nausea meds, losing so much weight, severe dehydration, possible abortion, priest coming in the room to pray for baby and me. One time I was hospitalized for two weeks straight. In my previous pregnancy I was on the zofran pump. In my pregnancy before that I was on zofran pills until I gave birth at 38 weeks. The good news is for me it all went away by 4.5 to 5 months pregnant. I know it's hard and it feels like it's dragging but honestly it's gonna fly by. Is the meds you're on now working at all? If not, talk to your doctor about zofran. A lot of people swear by it. Cancer patients are even prescribed it for their nausea due to the chemo they're on. It's worth a shot. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi SJ

I've had hyperemeis since week 5. It eased a bit at week 16, but I'm still on pills & have sickness a couple of times a week. I was on cyclizine but now on prochlorperazine as the 1st one stopped working. Have you been back to dr to say its not working?

I have no real tips apart from the usual rubbish - eat little & often, eat what you can stomach & take preg multivitamin to help what you're lacking, cold drinks work best for me (water from fridge). Drinking through a straw helps too for some reason - I think I taste it less.

Hope your scan goes well.

Good luck with it all.

Please do go back to your GP if your meds aren't working. I've had HG since 7 weeks and been hospitilized three times. I've tried all sorts of medication, and am now on ondansetron (or however it's spelt), which is the UK equivalent to zofran. I've been on these tablet for nearly two weeks and I've only been sick a handful of times.

Thanks for the advice guys ! Will get onto gp about trying new meds. Went for scan today and turns out I'm 14 weeks not 12 but baby is fine :) hope sickness eases up for you guys as well as me :) x

I was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago. The prochlorperazine they sent me home with made me feel awful but the cyclizine is really working. I've only be sick twice in the 9/10 days I've been on it. Apparently people either find it good or hopeless. Looks like it's not the drug for you!

I've found old-fashioned lemonade good for keeping hydrated and SLEEP. The two times I have been sick have been after rough nights. I'm asleep about 9.30 every night and taking 2-hour naps on my days off from work.

Hopefully we start feeling better soon! :hugs:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->