12 weeks with cold :-(

T

tinytoes

he's just under 12 weeks old and is full of a cold - really full of bogeys...all gurly and sniffy.

i worry he'll suffocate! when can they breathe through their mouths? i was awake all night checking he could breathe...

what can i do to help my poor little man?
he hasnt a temperaure.

i have one of those nose sucker things but it seems too deep..
thanks xx

I bought some nasal saline drops from the chemist. It seems to help the bogeys come down.

Caitlyn had a cold when she was newborn. It was horrible. Saline drops are a godsend!

Saline drops are good! Hope he feels better soon :hug:

As people have already said, saline drops.

Also tilting his crib if you can so his head is higher than his feet. I put a big book under one end of the crib!

And I got a tip to feed him in the bathroom with a hot shower on to create a bit of steam, I tried this not sure if it did any good or not. But the drops and tilted crib definitely did.

One last one- I have been told we shouldn't have done this, but... we put a drop of Vicks Vaporub on his babygro and my husband put Vicks on his chest and laid the baby on him (rather than putting vicks on our baby cos he is too young for it according to the label.)

tinytoes-

Breastmilk is as good as saline drops for in the nose (and it has antibodies in there too)...

:hug:

Mix Vicks with vaseline to dilute it and rub on his chest. Works perfectly. Also place some regular strength Vicks on top of his clothes. Just a little.I did this with Skyler last week when he was sick and he slept within 2 minutes. He had difficulty sleeping due to his congested nose. I use Sterimar nasal spray and NUK nasal aspirator for the mucus in the nose.
Also a homeopathic remedy that helps boost the immune system is Ecinacea drops. One drop in water three times a day.
Hope he gets better soon. I know how it feels.

I bought max some herbal menthol stuff to rub on him ..also Since my boy loves his bath I bought the GERBER MENTHOL vapour saop and bath him in it ..

But i didnt know about the crib tilting ..might ..problem is i have the angel care monitor will it do anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->