12dpo Beta

Erika_Whitney

Reaction score
I had a crazy long cycle this month with an LH surge at cd32, later to find out I was ovulating and I got pregnant! I am now 13dpo. Yesterday at 12dpo I went to have my quantitative hcg checked. It was 52. That's seems low to me considering the day before I got a pregnant of 50miu on a cb, shouldn't it of gotten higher? I was hoping to be relieved when I got them back, now I'm just confused :(

It isn't about how low the number is, it is about the doubling time. And I got a positive digital when my hcg was 23 so I wouldn't pay mind to that. Are you getting a repeat? There are so many factors with beta numbers like when you implanted, when you actually ovulated. I wouldn't stress till you get the repeat.

There can be a HUGE difference in the amount of hCG in your urine and the amount of hCG in your blood which accounts for the fact that you got a pregnant hpt with a higher mIU than your blood test. I know this can be scary to see but it honestly doesn't mean very much. I had faint lines (so faint DH and I thought they were evaporation lines) on 3 different brands of tests (2 cheapies and 1 FRER) at 12dpo so I did a digi to prove I wasn't pg. I got a Pregnant 1-2 weeks much to my eternal shock. The next day (13dpo) my hCG was only 38. At 17dpo, it had jumped to 236 but my dr didn't think it was high enough even though it had plainly doubled. I'm proving her wrong yet and the next 8 weeks can't go by fast enough for me because this baby keeps bouncing off my bladder. :haha:

I know it's worrisome but know that hpts (digis especially) are NOT an exact science and are often very misleading. Don't go by them alone since so many things can influence the results-dilution of your urine, time of day, amount of dye on the test, etc.

I guess I'm just confused because I thought clearblue read at 50miu, and my beta a day or two later was only at 52. My dr appt isn't until the 6th, I guess I will try to get them done again this week. I just went to a any lab test now clinic.

I know it's confusing but you can have a higher/lower concentration of hCG in your urine than what's actually in your blood due to a number of things (a few I listed above). There's been more than one lady on here who has used a digi only to get results they weren't expecting/hoping for and it caused alot of distress until they saw their doctor and had bloods done to see what was going on. The only way to know for sure is to have a repeat blood test to see how much your numbers have changed. And I'm not sure on the Clear Blue. If I remember right, the CB digi with conception indicator hpts I bought when I got my bfp for this baby were rated at 25mIU, not 50mIU but I can't remember for sure. Even if it were rated for 50mIU, I got a bfp with a CB digi test the day before my hCG was 38mIU so it's possible for you to have gotten a bfp before your blood levels rose to that same point.

Digital pregnancy tests are very unreliable. Your hcg from your blood test is perfectly normal. In fact, mine was lower and everything is fine and we've already seen the heartbeat on ultrasound.

Thank you! I feel a bit better today, not as stressed out. I go for my first appointment on the 6th so I'll update when I get the results back!

I went through ivf and here are my betas
12dpo 31 7dp5dt
14dpo 50 9dp5dt
16 dpo 93 11dp4dt
18 dpo 261 13dp5dt
20 dpo 812 15dp5dt
22dpo 2009 17dp5dt
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with 1 little bean don't worry I did the same thing with tests!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->