13 days late but well worth the wait!

maureenx

Reaction score
This is a pretty late update as i gave birth nearly 3 months ago!

My yellow bump was due to be induced on a Monday but started overnight on Sunday with mild contractions and I delivered midnight Monday/Tuesday she had ended up back to back, they broke my waters as I wasn't progressing at about 4-5cm and saw she had done a poo so I missed my water birth.

I'd been using gas and air which really helped (before I got that at 4cm this baby was going to be an only child!) once I knew a water birth was out I had Pethidine and actually dozed in between contractions, lay on a bed (as baby was monitored due to the meconium) with my husband rubbing my back. All my pain was in the base of my spine throughout the whole labour.

At some point I was able to have a 2nd Pethidine shot but felt the need to push/poo so the midwife checked first and I was fully dilated.

I pushed for about 90 minutes and this was the easiest bit, my husband had put together a playlist and it made a really serene atmosphere, I was even joking with the midwives between pushes about whether the baby would arrive before midnight. Delivery itself was fine, no stitches though I did get a haematoma (sp) downstairs. When the baby's head arrived sunny side up we waited and waited for the final contraction to get her body out but it never came so the midwife gad to pull her out. Shortly after delivery I haemorrhaged (cue 8 people rushing in and sticking an oxygen mask on and needles in my legs and hands plus tablets up my bum to get the uterus to contract) and needed two blood transfusions, it was all quite scary and I felt really weak for a few days after. It seems like I just stopped contracting and from what the drs said it could have been due to a long labour (25 hrs from contractions starting), a full bladder (I tried to wee before pushing but couldn't go) or the fact that I opted for a physiological stage 3. I have been blaming the PPH on my choices but the drs said it may have happened anyway.

Our baby girl, Phoebe, weighed 7lb 2oz despite being nearly 2 weeks late. I struggled with bonding for the first few weeks and had trouble breast feeding but we are now settled and I love her more than words can describe.

Congratulations on your new arrival! :hugs:

https://pbr1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/hakunamatata2012/Snapbucket/bnb/congratsbaby-1.gif

awww, my firstborn was also yellow bump, 13 days late, and under 8lb!

congratulations!!

Congratulations! Glad things are going well for you now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->