• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

13 days late for AF.. Neg hpts?

dream27

Reaction score
**updated and edited** Sorry in advance for the length of the post, I'm 14 days late for AF. I started to feel nauseous instead of my normal Pms symptoms around the time I was supposed to start my period which Should have been on about oct 26/27. I don't chart. I don't know when I ovulated. I don't use any form of b/c just the old pull out method (lol). I just wait for the witch to show each month and she's always on time. I can also always tell when she's coming and when I'm pmsing, but I had no symptoms of Pms at all in Oct. for this cycle just the nausea. Which has continued on and off since.

I have taken 3 HPT so far. One on Saturday of last and one on Tuesday. Tuesday was FMU Both negative. And one today nov 10th (no FMU) and negative. I made a dr appointment and went on Friday the 8th because I now have a urinary tract infection on top of it all. I told the doctor about my being late and asked for a blood pregnancy test I will hear about the results on Monday. She also did a urine pg test Friday and that was negative. Lol So here are my questions: can I still be pregnant? Is it possible to get negative results this late in?

I have many prego symptoms.

I just want to know what's going on one way or another, it's distracting to be this late and still have negative tests, any input or similar stories are very welcome. Thank you.

Hi there, didn't want to read and run, so just saying that
I'm pretty certain you could still be pregnant with no positive HPT this late in your cycle - especially since you're not certain when you Ov'd. Fingers crossed!

Hi there, didn't want to read and run, so just saying that
I'm pretty certain you could still be pregnant with no positive HPT this late in your cycle - especially since you're not certain when you Ov'd. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for your response! I guess I'll have to just wait and see what the blood test says, I was thinking of taking another HPT today but it wouldn't be with FMU. The wait is torture!

I've been told that when your pregnant and you take a blood test, the number of HCG's have to be over a certain amount, and if it's under, then they call it a BFN. So like if the required amount to be considered was 25, and you showed 24, they would tell you it's negative. BUT your HCG doubles all the time, so I would certainly get another blood test done. I'm 9 days late for AF and have taken tons of tests and all BFN, but I go in for a blood test on wednesday the 13th! I've read lots of stories about people getting negative POAS then positive blood tests, and even negative blood, then they tried again a week later and it was positive! That gives me hope!

I've been told that when your pregnant and you take a blood test, the number of HCG's have to be over a certain amount, and if it's under, then they call it a BFN. So like if the required amount to be considered was 25, and you showed 24, they would tell you it's negative. BUT your HCG doubles all the time, so I would certainly get another blood test done. I'm 9 days late for AF and have taken tons of tests and all BFN, but I go in for a blood test on wednesday the 13th! I've read lots of stories about people getting negative POAS then positive blood tests, and even negative blood, then they tried again a week later and it was positive! That gives me hope!

Your response couldn't have come at a better time, hun. I got the call back and it was a BFN. I was so discouraged after that I became soo frustrated because I just want to know what is going on so I can move on from this lol. I still have no AF. I woke up nauseous again this morning and I'm feeling very tired and hormonal. So it's one or the other at this point! Lol, so close yet so far away from an answer. I will keep you posted. And good luck to you too, please let me know what happens!

You could just be a slow hormone producer. My last pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage took 8 weeks to get a faint BFP. I seriously thought I was going crazy then, NOW it's even worse because I was able to spot the symptoms earlier then before. 9 days and still nothing. Right there with ya!

I'm sorry to hear that..a similar situation happened to me, and I didn't get my BFP until about 7 or 8 weeks myself, so I'm thinking the same thing may be happening this time around. Perhaps it's going to be the same for you! It's good to know I'm not in this alone haha. Have you tested again yet? I'm thinking of just letting it all go and if in a week I still don't see AF I'll take another HPT. No sign of her yet.

yes!! It's good to know I'm not alone! I'm a POAS addict!! I've tested probably every day, but since my appointment is tomorrow, I think im going to stop so I can mentally prepare myself just in case this isn't pregnancy and it's a hormonal imbalance or something. I've been having aches but no cramps, and no sign of AF yet, and I feel like I have a frog in my throat (sp?) or something. Not necessarily nausea, but almost, like it's coming. But then again it could just be nerves!!

I would wait until after the dr appointment to test, yes.. Just try and keep yourself busy! As difficult as it is Lol, so you're at 10 days late now? I have had cramping since the 31st of October it's subsided a lot now though the past few days sometimes I still get cramps at night before bed, I've had nausea on and off since I was supposed to get AF, and I also started getting migraines, I have lower back pain it started in the middle of last week, and I also feel like I have a tickle in my throat! Very tired lately.. Taking naps before work, lately and extremely fatigued. And vivid dreams.. Keep me updated on your symptoms for sure! And good luck tomorrow at your dr appointment, do you have a history of hormonal imbalances happening in the past? This has never been an issue for me. Don't give up hope until the witch shows. Fingers x'd for you!

Can I please join your thread?

My cycles are regular every 29 days, I am spot on its quite scary how accurate it is.

I am currently 5 days late!

I have tested and all negative, I am going crazy with symptom spotting.

I use an app on my phone to input my AF which then predicts when ovulation is, I am thinking I ovulated late so either a late AF or we may of actually caught the egg?!

The waiting is killing me at 5 days I can't imagine how you feel at 13!!

Yes, today is day 10!!! All of your symptoms sound like mine! I had mild pains when I though AF was supposed to come, then nada. My lower back hurts, but not much during the day, its when I lay down that I can really feel the pain! I’ve only gotten sick once, but the rest of the time its like every other day, and mine come with migraines too! They both come at the same time and nearly knock me off my feet! I’m always tired so it’s hard to tell if that is a symptom, but on days I get off early, I have been falling asleep on the couch mid afternoon! I haven’t been having that many dreams, but I am able to remember them more now! DH also said that he can tell that my boobs have gotten bigger! They don’t really hurt, I can just tell that they are heavier. I’m a D so they are already heavy, but now they are popping out of my bra. I also have blue veins on my boobs that I’ve had all month. I’ve been getting a dull ache in my uterus area, and sometimes when I’m laying on the couch my upper thigh gets a cramp and I have to get up and walk around. Yesterday DH and I went out to sushi (mine was all cooked), and he ordered something that I would have typically take a bite of, but I wanted to vomit at the seaweed smell! I’m also not really as hungry. Like I know it’s time for me to eat, but nothing sounds good and just don’t really wanna eat, kina like when you get the flu, nothing sounds good. I’ve NEVER had a hormonal imbalance before in my life. I’m just a little skeptical because IF I was pregnant, it would have happen right before my BC kicked in. I started my new pack on 10/5 when I started my last period, and I only waited till the 13th day to have unprotected sex, then I realized that I’m taking a low estrogen BC so I might need to wait longer to have sex, then on the 19th I got brown discharge for two days and now no AF. I’ve NEVER EVER EVER had breakthrough spotting from BC, and I started when I was on my period so the time frames would match. My last pregnancy was a BC baby too.

Welcome CarlyP!! I really think they should have a section for people who have a late AF lol Have you had any spotting or anything recently?? I always track my cycle days and they are either 27-29 and now I’m in the 30/40s lol If your periods are typically the same time each month I don’t see why ovulation would be any different. Hopefully we all get answers soon!!

That's what I thought but I literally only use an app, I input AF start and finish date and then it predicts ovulation, I don't chart or temp or OPK so I am really just relying on the app.

I have had no spotting at all, my symptoms so far are,
Headache all day, every day!
Nausea until I eat then more nausea like 10 minutes after food.
I was almost sick twice last night came out of no where.
Cramps.
Raise in temp, it won't go below 37.2 degrees.
Funny pain in the top of my right leg, around the inside of my hip area.
Always hungry :(
Very tired for the past 5 days.
Lower back ache.
Lots of funny twinges, pulling on both sides of stomach (uterus)
Sneezing for past 2 days.
Also feeling like I'm going to come on, but never are!

Very frustrating :( I just want to know

I’ve read that people who have implantation bleeding will always have it, and those who don’t get it, will probably never get it so don’t worry if you don’t spot. I had IB last time so that’s how I knew to look for it. That pain in the top of your leg by the hip area is the exact same thing I get!! Sounds promising to me! The hardest part is the bit between, I’d just like to know, that way I can either drink a bottle of wine or get an ultrasound lol

I also pee like every hour!

That's exactly like me as well I'm worried about certain vitamins now because the label says check with your doctor if you are pregnant before taking!!

I never had IB with my other 2 children so your right I probably haven't experienced it.

I'm going to keep testing every morning until a positive or AF!

This exact thing happened to me last month. My cycle is always 28 days, but last month I noticed that I didn't ovulate til cd21, which is obviously really late. I'm not sure what made my cycle so off, maybe my hormones are out of whack, but I got AF exactly 14 days of when I ovulated. Which made me 2wks "late". Are u positive on when u ovulated? I don't temp either, but I do check my cm. good luck!

Luvspnk31 I'm not sure, I dont temp either. I've never had late ovulation, but I could feel it happening. Before and after AF was late, I've been having a mild dull ache. PMS is always a sharp pain for me in my abdomen a few days before AF and 10 days later, nada. It'll be nice to know either way. Obviously i'll be bummed if it's negative, but at least I'll be able to drown my sorrows in some wine lol

I also don't know when I ovulated, I am on CD 35 now, so AF should be making an appearance by now but she's no where in sight!?

Can I please join your thread?

My cycles are regular every 29 days, I am spot on its quite scary how accurate it is.

I am currently 5 days late!

I have tested and all negative, I am going crazy with symptom spotting.

I use an app on my phone to input my AF which then predicts when ovulation is, I am thinking I ovulated late so either a late AF or we may of actually caught the egg?!

The waiting is killing me at 5 days I can't imagine how you feel at 13!!

Hi! Of course, welcome. What app do you use? I could use a good one myself :) and also what makes you think you ovulated late this time around? Did you use your first morning urine when you tested? And which tests did you use? It's quite possible you could be pregnant if you did the dirty on the days you *think* you ovulated! Are you on any contraceptives?

Yes, today is day 10!!! All of your symptoms sound like mine! I had mild pains when I though AF was supposed to come, then nada. My lower back hurts, but not much during the day, its when I lay down that I can really feel the pain! I’ve only gotten sick once, but the rest of the time its like every other day, and mine come with migraines too! They both come at the same time and nearly knock me off my feet! I’m always tired so it’s hard to tell if that is a symptom, but on days I get off early, I have been falling asleep on the couch mid afternoon! I haven’t been having that many dreams, but I am able to remember them more now! DH also said that he can tell that my boobs have gotten bigger! They don’t really hurt, I can just tell that they are heavier. I’m a D so they are already heavy, but now they are popping out of my bra. I also have blue veins on my boobs that I’ve had all month. I’ve been getting a dull ache in my uterus area, and sometimes when I’m laying on the couch my upper thigh gets a cramp and I have to get up and walk around. Yesterday DH and I went out to sushi (mine was all cooked), and he ordered something that I would have typically take a bite of, but I wanted to vomit at the seaweed smell! I’m also not really as hungry. Like I know it’s time for me to eat, but nothing sounds good and just don’t really wanna eat, kina like when you get the flu, nothing sounds good. I’ve NEVER had a hormonal imbalance before in my life. I’m just a little skeptical because IF I was pregnant, it would have happen right before my BC kicked in. I started my new pack on 10/5 when I started my last period, and I only waited till the 13th day to have unprotected sex, then I realized that I’m taking a low estrogen BC so I might need to wait longer to have sex, then on the 19th I got brown discharge for two days and now no AF. I’ve NEVER EVER EVER had breakthrough spotting from BC, and I started when I was on my period so the time frames would match. My last pregnancy was a BC baby too.

Welcome CarlyP!! I really think they should have a section for people who have a late AF lol Have you had any spotting or anything recently?? I always track my cycle days and they are either 27-29 and now I’m in the 30/40s lol If your periods are typically the same time each month I don’t see why ovulation would be any different. Hopefully we all get answers soon!!

Keep positive girl! You should talk to your doctor about all of this tomorrow too, You'll have your answer soon enough :) although be cautious and keep in mind that BC can mess up your periods especially if you just started not too long ago, I know some women who have been on it for a year and get only spotting for periods and then they'll get a normal period after that. And a lot of times BC can mimic period symptoms! I don't want to dash any hopes I just wanted to put that out there as information to you. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you I really hope you will get the outcome you're hoping for hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->