14 pregnant and looking for advice

I agree with cutting ties with your dad, your mum is enabling this behaviour from your dad but has she been ok when you speak to her? if so I would keep in touch with your mum. sorry to hear about your sister that is awful what she has done. Its so lovely at your ultrasound seeing your little baby :). Big decisions on if you want to find out the sex or not :)!

Thank you all for the encouragement. My boyfriends parents are amazing. They have been so helpful and understanding with everything. I have another appointment tomorrow this time we will be finding out the gender but Kalebs mom is going to have a cake made and we are going to do a little gender reveal. I really wish my family could be more involved but I think staying away from them is the best thing for me and my baby right now. I'm feeling much happier since I have cut off communication. Kalebs parents have got me a new phone on their plan so that my parents dont have the number any more. Kaleb is a middle child he has an older brother and a younger sister. They have also been so supportive of us his sister is 13 so she is kinda close to my age, Kaleb turned 16 last January, and his brother is 19. Its great having people around that are supportive. His parents have even bought me all the school supplies that I need when school starts next week. I'm a little worried about going to school I cant really hide my pregnancy anymore. Kalebs parents have already informed the school about everything and that my parents are not to be contacted for anything. Again I'm just worried about the people at school I can already see people whispering when I go out, i just dont know how school is going to be. I've also been having horrible morning sickness that seems to last all day i can barely keep anything down any tips on how to help tht.

How far along are you now?

Morning sickness can be very hard to struggle with. First thing I would do is talk to your OBGYN about it and see if there's anything they can give you to help. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated from throwing up so much. It's very easy to get dehydrated with morning sickness. Try not to overeat to where your full or under eat to where there's nothing in your stomach, it's a very delicate balance. You can also try these little candies you can buy online preferably Amazon that helped to take the edge off for some people. They're called Prego drops.

That's really sweet of your boyfriend's mother to throw together a small gender party for you. I'm really glad you have their support and understanding. As for going back to school, just take one day at a time. There's always going to be people who are going to judge you, what's important though is that you focus on what matters the most to you and that's your little baby and your new little family. Having a child at a young age is really going to help you mature. Also it's very important to remember that no matter what happens in high school after that everything changes.

I'm 16 weeks...I'm due in February...the morning sickness just got really bad last week I had it in the beginning to but not as bad as now...I feel like I'm living off crackers and gingerale...my doctor said to try a few different things first like more breads and stuff before she prescribes anything...like I tried to eat dinner tonight my favorite chicken pam... it lasted all of 45 min and I was in the bathroom throwing it all up with Kaleb being sweet enough to hold my hair back for me...I'm cuddling with Kaleb for the night...or little gender reveal party is tomorrow I will let you all know the gender...still up for any other advice on this whole morning sickness thing...also why do they call it morning sickness of it last all day ��

I had the 'all day sickness' with my first but thankfully it tapered off at about 17 weeks. Lemonade, fizzy orange juice, oranges, extra strong mints, Haribo and salt and vinegar crisps helped ease it for me. My midwife suggested eating a square of chocolate before even getting out of bed. Smells were also a huge trigger for it so mouth breathing became second nature lol. I hope it eases up soon for you.

Yay for the gender party!!!!
I'm sorry I'm not much help when it comes to morning sickness, I had it really bad with my two girls but I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what I did to ease it. One thing I do remember was drinking a lot of Coke soda. There's actually an additive in it to prevent people from throwing up when they drink it because there's so much sugar, that really helped.

I'm still feeling sick but it's gotten a little better now it usually happens at noonish rather than all day so I get a little relief in the morning...we had our gender reveal and we found out that we are having a little girl...I am so excited we started getting things to make the guest room into a nursery and Kalebs parents have said that they will buy anything we need for the nursery...they even said that we can paint it any color that we want...was thinking of going with traditional pink but not sure any suggestions on color schemes for a little girl.

Congrats on the baby girl!! :pink:
That's really sweet of Kaleb's parents, they sound like amazing people. As for the room color, I would always choose pink because it's my favorite color :haha:. Purple and teal would look really nice too.

I kinda like the idea of purple and teal. I was thinking of doing something possibly with a light purple or lavander.

Congratulations on your little girl! It's great that his parents are helping out so much.

For colours I love purples/greens or pinks/blues/greens together. :)

Congratulations darling!

I'm so pleased for you that your boyfriend's parents are being so good to you xx

My own daughter is 11 years old and I would hope if she was in your position I would react how kalebs parents are reacting.

I was 21 when my daughter was born. I wasn't married, which is a big deal in my dad's culture (Chinese). I didn't even tell him I had 2 children until my daughter was 4yrs and my son was 1! I ended up telling him through a family friend and she spoke to him about cultural differences and he's a wonderful grandad now.

How are you feeling hun? Feeling lots of baby kicks now?

I hope all is still going ok with you. Just stay positive and all will work out how it's supposed to.

I'm so glad your boyfriend's family is awesome! I like to think that if my daughter got pregnant that young, I'd be as supportive as that. Really, it's the best thing to have family around you, whoever the family ends up being.

I hope the first couple of weeks back at school have gone well!

School has been really hard I'm just super tired all the time. Also it's getting really bother some that I can hear people whispering and talking about me all time. Like today I was in the bathroom when I heard 2 girls talking and they were saying how I'm going to be a horrible mom so young and that I must be a whore and probably dont evrn know who the father is. I literally started crying right then and there...I've been feeling the baby move a lot recently...Kaleb keeps trying to feel it but everytime he touches my belly to feel she stops moving...also my mom keeps calling Kalebs house and his phone trying to reach me since I changed my number. It's really taking a toll on me. Even though I know I have to keep her out of my life for now. I'm just feeling really down on myself.

:hugs: I know it's hard but try and ignore those kids. It will get better. None of their assumptions or opinions matter in the end. Especially once you're done with high school. How have the teachers been treating You? Maybe you can talk to the school counselor about how you're being treated?

As for your mom, just keep ignoring her. There's no excuse for her enabling your father to treat you the way she did and kicking you out (which is illegal and the school is obligated to do something about it but I doubt they are).

Glad your feeling lots of baby kicks!! Enjoy them, it's a special time! :cloud9:.

I'm so sorry you heard them talking so nastily about them. You will have the last laugh and prove them wrong :hugs:

Today I had to have a meeting with the school counselor because one of the parents in my school complained about them allowing a pregnant teen to attend the high school. I know this mom she is crazy religious and the school told her that regardless of her beliefs they cant kick me out of school for that. So the counselor wanted to make sure that I heard it from him first and not another student. It's hard talking to him about these things cause he is a guy and idk if he really gets it. Today Kaleb got into a fight as we were leaving school this upperclassman boy started making crude comments to me and at first we tried to ignore it waiting for our ride. But he just kept going and Kaleb lost it after he said that our baby would probably come out with a bunch of problems cause we are so young. Not that we wouldn't love our baby regardless but that's just not okay to say to someone. I'm seriously starting to think about just not going to school anymore. I know it wont stop them from talking but I wont have to hear it. I just dont know what to do anymore. It's also starting to get harder to sleep. Most of the teachers are great and understanding except one. Who literally said I front if the whole class just because I made a mistake and have to live with it doesnt mean that I should get any special treatment. She said this after I was late and brought a note from the nurse because I was puking in her office. Apparently that wasnt a good enough excuse for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->