14 week baby sleeping problem

michelle86

Mummy to 1 soon to be 2
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me at all, getting upset with myself and getting all worked up:cry::cry::cry::cry:

My LB is 14 weeks old, and having problems getting him to sleep at all.
My LG was a brilliant sleeper at that age and had no problem with her sleep routine at all, and she's still a really good sleeper.

But I have had not have a good nights sleep since my LB was born. I must be up at least 5 times a night, but it's not even as if I can say he sleeps through the day as he doesn't at all he must have about 4 x 30min naps and that's it, last night I put him down at 8:30pm and until 5am I was up every hour, just feel like I am doing something wrong as a mum.

Please please tell me if there is anything I can do, would just like a couple of hours sleep.

I would expect that he's a little over tired and you could try for an earlier bedtime too. For some reason, they seem to sleep later when they go to bed earlier... try figuring that one out!

Aim for an awake time of 1-1.5 hrs and start settling for a nap before he's past his best.

Try to not get upset & compare as it won't help. You're probably also remembering your LG with rose tinted glasses - i'm sure that hormones make you forget so you have more kids!

I find this little chart useful for awake times and general guidelines

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8HTQ7ENcrF1b2U3Ml9ZU014SUE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

HTH x

I am going through something similar with my lo. I did move her bedtime to 6:30 recently and it helps a little. She's up every three hours but it's better than every hour. I hope you manage to get some sleep soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->