14-week growing pains feel like cramps?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

You'd think I'd remember this stuff from my previous pregnancies and I kind of do, but just seeking some reassurance. It's been so difficult to get and stay pregnant this time around that I have this horrible residual terror that rises its head at the slightest thing.

I'm just over 14 weeks and the past two days have felt dull cramps, almost like period pain. I remember getting growing pains around 15/16 weeks the last two times, but that was usually in the mornings when I woke up; this cramps feeling came and went all day yesterday and is back this morning.

I used my Doppler last night and what's freaking me out more is that while I usually find the baby within a minute, last night it took a good 5 minutes or more of searching for it. I did eventually find it and it had its usual HB of around 160, but it sounded far away. Maybe it was hiding away somewhere. It's still unnerved me though.

The beginning of this pregnancy was wrought with me convinced I was going to lose this baby and that took me to a dark place for a couple of months. Now, those feelings are resurfacing so easily... I'm worried.

I'm going to use Doppler again and if I still find it hard to find baby, I may give the EPAGU a call and see what they say. I have no real reason to think anything is wrong... it's just this horrible feeling, which I get because of the struggle it took to get here I guess. Either way, I feel rubbish and so uncertain again.

Anyone else experience growing pain cramps? When did you get them?

I had horrible pains around 14 weeks this time. It really frightened me. I don't recall having them with DS1 but I really worried this time around. Turns out it was just stretching and nothing to worry about. It took me longer to find heartbeat that early on too, but I have anterior placenta and until he got bigger it was difficult anyway. I tend to find it quick now but he does still hide at the back it seems sometimes as its really quiet on occasions.

I had terrible pains with this one at 14 weeks ish that woke me from my sleep.

I seem to get more pains with each baby for some reason. I'm wondering if it's in the same way after pains are more intense with each subsequent pregnancy.

I had horrible pains at 14 weeks and first the nurse chalked it up to growing pains but when they persisted for 3 days she sent me for a scan. Everything was fine and they could find no reason for the pain so they think it's either caused by constipation (I'm on iron supplements) since that's the region where they are more acute, or sometimes stretching can cause some ligaments to tear. Basically the pain can be due to lots of reasons often harmless. I know how unnerving it can be but you are able to find the heartbeat so that's a good sign. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank to her ladies for your reassuring words :hugs: Thankfully, the aches and cramps have lessened today. They're still there, but not as frequent as yesterday. I haven't had time to check the Doppler all day, but am now sitting with my daughter waiting for her to fall asleep. As soon as she's sleeping, I'll check it out. Hopefully I'll find it easier today.

Eep, Yo Yo, you've just reminded me how bad the after pains were when I was breastfeeding my daughter. They were like the heaviest period cramps for like a week after birth. Not looking forward to that being worse this time, by it's obviously well worth it! :)

Edit to add: I just used the Doppler and found baby within 5 seconds. It was also the loudest and clearest it's been. So I am super happy now and feeling so relieved!!

I've had the cramping on both sides, mainly in the evenings / at night. But yesterday I had sharp pains on my lower back (left hand side, near my kidneys) for a few mins, then today I've had sharp twinges (not really painful but more ''ooh, what was that?!") in my lower abdomen whilst cleaning... I'm a bit paranoid as I'm blitzing the house for an inspection tomorrow and am worried overdoing it with the housework (cleaning windows / bending down lots) may cause a miscarriage... :-/

Also, I've always wondered what happens if the ligaments stop the uterus from popping up out of the pelvis? I read that the uterus pushes up and the ligaments push down to try and stop it moving out (hence the cramps)....does the uterus always 'win'?! I'm 13.5 weeks and still just have flab and no bump :-( I'm sure I was showing much earlier with my other three :-/ (my last was 6 years ago though, so I've forgotten everything!).

Glad you found baby. Doppler saved my sanity before the Kicks with this one, I love them.

I know-after pains had me in such pain breastfeeding ds. It is all short term though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->