14 Weeks Pregnant And Bedbound With SPD

WhisperGirl

Roll on February 2025
Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my fifth pregnancy. In all my others I've had terrible SPD. The first three I got by on crutches but my son last time round I was in a wheelchair from six months and had to deliver at 37 weeks.

This time things are much worse. I am only 14 weeks but my hips are dislocating every time I walk on them. I get one or two steps before a pain like no other rips through one or other hip as it clunks out of place and I have to wait until it goes back in before I can move again. I was given crutches and 30/500 co codamol in A&E but neither do anything for this. I've ordered my wheelchair from the Red Cross. I have physio on Wednesday but I'm scared they won't be able to do much to help, and I'm going to be bed bound for the remainder of my pregnancy. I have to go to court in Ireland for a custody hearing for my daughter on Friday, and I don't want them to see me in a wheelchair because I'm certain it will affect the outcome of me getting full custody in some way.
I just don't know what to do. I know physio can try acupuncture again etc but I've had it all before and nothing much helps. Plus if I'm this bad now, when the baby starts getting heavy I'm not going to be able to move at all.

I have no advice but didn't want to read and run. I hope they can do something to help xxx

My god! You poor soul. I've never heard of SPD being that bad... You're brave, attempting another pregnancy like that :( so sorry you are going through this. Can you maybe do physio with an osteopath that can try to realign your pelvis? Someone experienced and very familiar with SPD? I have it mildly and find that hot baths help a lot as it relaxes the muscles and takes tension off the joints... Aside from that I'm not sure what else might help? Maybe accupuncture but honestly u have to be a believer in that (and I'm not)... Really hope it gets better for you! Sometimes it does as the body re-adjusts. Sending u healing vibes xx

Oh my gosh, that sounds awful! I have SPD earlier this time round (started about 16w I think) but it's nowhere near as bad as that and it is helped immensely by sleeping with a pillow between my knees and not overdoing it during the day!

Have you got someone coming to court to help you on Friday? X

oh no shame ...Im sorry you going through this ... and I hope for the best at your custody hearing

I'm the same, I have anterior rotation of the hip on the right side which gives a lot of pain I was on crutches for most of my first pregnancy and am already finding things hard. My physio just resets my pelvis every two weeks, but it never stays for more than a few hours. I've tried pillow between my legs at night it doesn't help. Acupuncture did nothing either. The only thing that does help is taking it easy. I also have split abdominal muscles so I'm already strapped up in tuber grip support. doctors put me on codeine last time but I'll be avoiding that this time as my baby had a few side affects when he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->