1427 hcg has more than doubled! RELIEF!!

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
im so happy!! scan to completely rule out ectopic next thurs but looking good :)!!
please continue to stick baby!!
thanks girls xxx

Hooray!! :D so pleased for you :hugs:

Brilliant numbers!!! XxxxxxX

Congrats. How far along are you?
My scan wasn't able to rule out ectopic until I was close to 6 weeks with HCG levels over 15k

A week may not be enough time if you would only be around 5 weeks then. I had high beta levels but it didnt matter, baby was still measuring small and then had a growth spurt.

Congrats. How far along are you?
My scan wasn't able to rule out ectopic until I was close to 6 weeks with HCG levels over 15k

A week may not be enough time if you would only be around 5 weeks then. I had high beta levels but it didnt matter, baby was still measuring small and then had a growth spurt.

we have no idea how far I am. Dr said today that it doesnt matter where the hcg is at, just aslong as its doubling. usually with an ectopic it will only rise slightly or even drop! so its a step in the right direction. a scan is hoping to determine that its in the right place

Yes but the beta levels need to be high enough to show something on a scan or it would be too small. With a level of around 1400 you are most likely just over 4 weeks. A scan next week might, if you are lucky, show a gestational sac and a yolk sac which would mean baby is in the right place but it may also show only a gestational sac with nothing in it or it might not even show a gestational sac yet, it could show nothing and that wouldnt mean that its ectopic, especially since your numbers rose very nicely, it might just mean its too small to see anything.

The nice rise is a very good sign that it isnt ectopic, I just think that testing betas again next week making sure its still increasing nicely and then a scan in 2 weeks would be more revealing and less stressful.

I had early scans due to heavy bleeding and when the doctor saw nothing with high beta levels he suggested a d&c and it completely freaked me out and had me stress like crazy for an entire week feeling like my baby was lost and a week later everything turned out to be perfect. Early scans are exciting but also REALLY stressful if you are expecting to see something and you don't.

Yes but the beta levels need to be high enough to show something on a scan or it would be too small. With a level of around 1400 you are most likely just over 4 weeks. A scan next week might, if you are lucky, show a gestational sac and a yolk sac which would mean baby is in the right place but it may also show only a gestational sac with nothing in it or it might not even show a gestational sac yet, it could show nothing and that wouldnt mean that its ectopic, especially since your numbers rose very nicely, it might just mean its too small to see anything.

The nice rise is a very good sign that it isnt ectopic, I just think that testing betas again next week making sure its still increasing nicely and then a scan in 2 weeks would be more revealing and less stressful.

I had early scans due to heavy bleeding and when the doctor saw nothing with high beta levels he suggested a d&c and it completely freaked me out and had me stress like crazy for an entire week feeling like my baby was lost and a week later everything turned out to be perfect. Early scans are exciting but also REALLY stressful if you are expecting to see something and you don't.

totally understand you now hun. it is terrifying isnt it? i know, it would maybe better but ill just have to follow docs orders for now :). im prepared to maybe see nothing again, i think i am anyway!!

im hoping i can now relax at least for a week :).

thanks for your input hun, ill remember your journey if nothing shows on my scan next week :)

God is good! AS soon as I read the other message , I started praying for you, came back from my room now, and I find this new message! Keep trusting for nothing is impossible for God.:happydance:

I'm so very very pleased to read this:) Wonderful news!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->