14dpo - no AF and BFN? advice needed

im_mi

Crunchy mama!
Reaction score
Ok, brief history -

came off of BCP in september. first AF arrived after 10 days. two cycles after that were 24-25 days long with lots of irregular bleeding and short LP's. I am now on my third cycle and everything seems to be back to normal. no irregular bleeding, and i am now on day 28 (where i would have got my period, like clockwork, before the bcp).

I have been having AF symptoms since about 7dpo so assumed early on that was out this month. however, my AF cramps stopped completely two days ago and my other normal AF symptoms (tingly nipples, sore bbs, feeling hormonal, spotty) are WAY more intense than usual. plus, i have SO MUCH watery CM that i keep having to check in case AF has arrived! theres so much of it! All of this made me think i was on the road to a BFP after all, but this morning i got a :bfn: on a FRER with fmu! on 14dpo!!

So my question to you guys is - am i out? With my first pregnancy i didnt get a BFP until 14dpo. With my second, miscarried pregnancy, i got a strong BFP at 9dpo.

How many of you have had snow white tests at 14dpo and then gone on to get a BFP?

*bump* really hope that someone has a story to share! I'm going nuts here :(

sorry i dont have any stories for you hear,didn't want to read and run either

your not out until af shows her face, good luck keeping my fingers crossed for you.

hmm your symptoms are promising. The thing is, after coming off bcp it may take longer for your cycles to be in sync, my first cycle was 47 days, then 37, 35, 28 and i think this cycle will be 28 or 30.

You may not also get a :bfp: as you may have ovulated later than what you thought, or you may be stressed etc....

I know that most prob wont help you lots, but i thought id give my opinion.

:dust: for you!!

xxxx

hey hun just thought id say then when i was pg with my son i didnt get a bfp until af was a whole 2 weeks late!!

I'm in the same boat. I'm on 17DO and still no AF or BFP though I haven't tested since 15DO. I'm also on my third cycle off of the Birth Control pill and have gotten preggo symptoms each month. However, those cycles always had the 14 day luteal phase so now I don't know what's going on. LOL Wait a few days and test again. I'm testing on Christmas Eve. My symptoms have actually been getting stronger so I'm starting to entertain hope again.

Thank you girls so much for replying!!

MrsCrabsticke, thanks for your support xxx

stmw, wow those are some random cycles!! maybe i was naive to think that i was back to normal so soon... i don't temp so i could have ovulated a little later than i thought, i got about 3-4 days of fertile CM this cycle so i just assumed that O happened in the middle... so technically could still be too early for a BFP.

emz87, 2 whole weeks??? good grief!! that must have been so stressful!! they do say that with some people it takes longer for the HCG to get into the pee.

Starry night, thanks for your advice :) you're right, its prob best to wait a few days before testing again. I hear that apparently its quite common to get preggo symptoms when coming off BCP, especially if its a mini pill. I hope you get your BFP too, hun :hugs:

hi there

i'm in the same boat, came off the pill and didnt get a period till 14 weeks later! im now on my 2nd cycle and am 12dpo i've tested this morning and got BFN! i didn't get a positive till 7 weeks gone with my first but got one early with my 2nd, so i'm baffled.
we went sledging and i felt something down there and thought, great here she comes!!! but it was just normal wet discharge, don't know wether to test tomorrow morning again or xmas eve when i'll be 14dpo, my boobs are killing me which is rare and i had brown creamy spotting on 7-9dpo.
it's such hard work being a woman!!

fingers crossed for you!!

I'm in limbo too. Thanks endo, there is hope for my bfp yet (I'm 17-19dpo).

Anyone feel like banging their head against a wall?

thanks for the support girls!!

well i tested today at 15dpo and NOTHING. nada. endo, thats really reassuring that you didnt get a BFP for weeks with your first but you got an early one with your second, i keep thinking that i would have one by now because ive had an early one before too.

well girls the update is....BFN again!im 13dpo now and no sign of AF showing. i read somewhere that it's not uncommon to not get a bfp till 16 dpo even! there was a woman with twins and she found out at 18dpo, now you would think with twice the hcg she would've got an early result, so fingers crossed and PMA girls our time will come!

Still nothing over here too. Haven't tested again. I'm pretty sure I'm 18-20dpo now.

Someone on another thread just got her BFP, at 9 weeks!

well another update of absolutely nothing af was due 2 days ago so i guess we just keep those fingers crossed!

Update from me. I honesltly thought I ovulated. But looks like it happened 9 days later as I had similar symptoms and sore bbs. No chance of me being pregnant because we'd stopped bding. I feel so stupid. Expecting AF around the 29th. :cry: :cry:

FX'd for everyone else xxx :dust:

o fairygirl don't be sad! it's sent to try us i'm sure, i went through hell for the two i have, i've had 7 laparoscopies in 9 yrs, i have endometriosis and just recently diagnosed with pcos and it's my first cycle of clomid because i haven't ovulated for 14 weeks, so i too am now doubting wether i actually o'd this month as we didn't bd since dpo 2! i'm losing faith but we must hang on to the positives.
i'm sending u some positive vibes and hopefully it will happen soon!

I wish you all the best endo. Hopefully you did O and you'll get a nice surprise soon. xx

. I am 15 dpo and my lp is about 15-16 days long. I am so nervous to test because I know how frustrating it is when you get a bfn and still no af.

Hang in there! I hope you get your bfp!

I went off bc about 6 months ago and have been ttc for the past three cycles. My first cycle off bc was 28 days so I thought all was good. Then it went 32, 35, 52, 34,... What really helped me see what was going on with my cycles was starting to chart my temps.

I now know if and when I am ovulating and how many days I am truly 'late' for af.
It is pretty neat. Not sure if any if you are doing this but it sure helps you see if ov has occured or if af is on her way.

well deettc your chart this month looks triphasic!! it looks really good! im on ff too just dont know how to add my chart on here. my temp dipped yesterday 13dpo so thought i was out with bfn, but went back up today 14 dpo and still bfn so who knows!
fingers crossed for you it looks really promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->