15 DPO. Waiting to test. Very interesting high OPK progression! ....AF???

KeepTryinLuv

Reaction score
So at 8 dpo I saw a very faint line on IC and I was placed on progesterone and low-dose aspirin for RPL.

So I'm a newbie at how cycles look like when you're taking progesterone!

I ran out of ICs. Faint line on IC. I wonder if it was residual hcg from the chemical last cycle?. Especially since I had a BFN on a FRER 5 days ago. I haven't tested in 5 days.

But I have to test tomorrow to stop progesterone if BFN.

Meanwhile, something interesting is happening. My opks have been getting stronger every day!!!

I read that the most likely explanation is that progesterone suppresses LH and you tend to get high opks before AF due to a drop in progesterone.

But will my progesterone levels drop when I'm taking progesterone??

The opks come in 20, 30 and 40 mIU. I order the 40 mIU since they're white until the day LH peaks. So it's interesting to see them get darker.

I wish it was hcg :shrug:

1u2mqb73yqe21.jpg

Don't want to get ure hopes up but with my DS. 2 weeks after I got a positive OPK. I got another positive OPK. Was so confused thought I can't be ovulating again.
So anyway way googled if OPKs can pick up the pregnancy hormone and it said that they can.
Got hubby to get some HPT tests and BFP. Hope this is the case for you.

Thank you for the encouraging words and congrats on your BFP!!

So I took another hpt and ice white BFN.

A couple hours later AF arrived despite being on prescription progesterone.

For any future google search hits:

If you have positive OPKs after 10, 11 or 12 DPO:
  • It could be AF.
  • It could be an early BFP.
  • But AF is more likely.
Apparently, an OPK can detect drops in progesterone since they cause a rise in LH.

So the more progesterone drops before AF, the darker an opk looks and you get a line progression just as AF is about to arrive.

You would also see a rising OPK because implantation just happened and it hasn't "rescued" the corpus luteum, so progesterone levels are low, and once you get a BFP progesterone should rise.

While they can detect hcg, the HCG levels must be about 10 times higher than LH levels due to molecular differences. So you might as well use an hpt.

Postive OPKs coincide with either a very early BFP due to progesterone rising back up or later when the hcg numbers are quite strong.

That's the science I read.

In any case, BFN here and on to cycle 8!

Wow I didn't know any of that. Thank you for explaining. Sorry about AF. I hope u get pregnant this cycle and I see ure BFP in a few weeks. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->