15 month old having sleep issues after we got back from first trip. Any advice?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
Hi!

Wednesday night through Friday night last week, my husband and I went on our very first overnight trip away from our 15 month old. We said ggoodbye before bed (so we didn't sneak out or anything) and then saw her first thing Saturday morning.

She did amazing, and stayed with my mom. She asked for us throughout the day, but then would be satisfied when told we were coming back and walked around saying "mommy back, Daddy back" (she knows what this means, at least in a simple way).

She slept perfectly throughout the night without trouble while we were gone, all three nights.

The night after we got back, however, she had a nightmare at 11pm. I had to go in and hold her for a couple minutes while she sung to herself quite pathetically, and then I put her down and she slept through the rest of the night. The same thing happened the next night, but at 5am (she wakes at 8am).

Then last night, at 1am, she woke up not crying, but saying "mommy mommy mommy" 20 times over.

When I go in, I only stay for a minute, and just rock her for 30 seconds or so, tell her everything is ok, and put her back down. She does not get rocked to sleep and always goes down awake. She doesn't even complain when I lay her back down, and usually goes back to sleep (and though last night it took her 25 minutes to fall back asleep).

She still gets 2 naps, could that be an issue? Problem is with just one, she becomes far too tired (and almost unmanageable). Or is this likely more due to the trip and our being away?

Any suggestions to help with nightmares, and/or calling out in the night? She usually sounds concerned or, for the nightmares, frightened. I am not going to let her CIO if she's scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->