15 weeks and frequent headaches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Over 35' started by Sparkly222, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Sparkly222

Sparkly222 Active Member

Hi - is anyone else getting lots of headaches (am 15 weeks)? I only remember having a couple of headaches during my last pregnancy which was 9 years ago. This time I have had almost daily headaches - not all of them terrible - but definitely a perssitent head pain most days. Don't really want to take anything but just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else having same problem. xx Sparkly

2. Gia7777

Gia7777 Well-Known Member

I went through a terrible 2 weeks between 13-15 weeks with headaches. I would wake up and go to sleep with a headache non-stop, but finally after 15 weeks all has been good.

I did ask my doc who recommended 2 tylenol (paracetemol?) and 2 benedryl (an antihistamine) along with a glass of regular cola...worked perfectly for me but best to check with your doc/midwife to find something that is safe for you.

Hope you feel better soon! :flower:

3. SabrinaKat

SabrinaKat Delighted Mum to Finn

I had the same problems wks12ish to wk16ish and my ob/gyn told me that I could take the occasional Solpadeine, which helped me alot. I used to get terrible headaches, so tried the usual stuff - cold eye gel, microwave lavendar heat pad for back of the neck, etc., but Solpadeine really helped -- only took one dose every few days (if needed, obviously) and haven't had a problem for a few weeks now. Also, I started taking naps again, and I think the headaches may have been exhaustion....

best wishes (and check with your doctor to okay Solpadeine....)

4. DeeM73

DeeM73 mum of 3

Constantly have headaches too :( I just take paracetamol and make sure I'm drinking plenty.Hopefully it will pass x

5. Sparkly222

Sparkly222 Active Member

Thanks for your replies - popped into doc today to get blood pressure checked and it was 124/84 which she was happy with - she told me to make sure to drink lots of water. I think i've been stressing too much - woke up this morning with same headache but aso noticed I woke up with clenched fists so obviously not a v relaxed sleep! Going to try to take it easier for next couple of days x