15 weeks to go and i have a cloth stash already!

littlestar

Proud Mum to a Little Boy
Reaction score
You ladies probably think i'm totally off my rocker! :dohh:
i'm 25 weeks pregnant and i'm already building up my collection of cloth nappies. :baby:

this weekend, whilst we had a little bit of money spare (bonus :happydance:)
Hubby let me loose on ebay and classifieds in search of a good mixture of nappies and wraps, new and preloved.

i love it! :thumbup:
just awaiting my fluffy parcels now :happydance:

not meaning to gloat at all but i wanted to list my purchases to see what you more experienced cloth users think about my investments.

My stash is about 50/50 new & preloved and 50/50 sized & BTP.

i've spend around £130 all together inc postage, which got me 26 nappies and 7 wraps.

New Nappies (All BTP)
5 x Eco Bumbles £15 (5 x Hemp boosters £10)
3 x Normal Bumbles £25
2 x Coolababy £11
4 x Mother Ease onesize with boosters £23 (classifieds)

Preloved Purchases (in batches as purchased all sized ones except 2 wraps)
5 x Bamboozles (one was thrown in for free)
1 x Diddy diaper (thrown in for free)
1 x Small Motherease Rikki Wrap
1 x Tots bots wrap
2 x Motherease Med Rikki Wraps
Paid £29

3 x small motherease sandys
£11

1 x Fluffle
2 x Cotton Tots
2 x Small Nature babies Wraps
1 x Small Tots bots Star wrap
£10

Aside from these i've also brought some Nappy nippas (9 x £5.50) and some reusable fleece wipes, just need a few more boosters and some liners and the pul bag for the changing bag.

what do you think? have i made some wise choices?

my thoughts in terms of preloved nappies, were the sized nappies are likely to have more wear left in them whereas the BTP may have been used for a fair longer while shortening their potential life in my hands. my thoughts were the same for the wraps, i haven't brought any new wraps until i know what works for me and little one of course :baby:!

Sounds like you've got a good mix there hun! :D

I'm no expert (yet) as I'm just moving over to cloth myself and my LO is 5 1/2 months old now so can't recommend nappies for a newborn....there are plenty on here that can though :D

x

Im no expert either, but Leos been in cloth about 2 months now..hes nearly 4 months old. I dont think I would have fancied using cloth from newborn as they need changing so very often, and the lack of sleep/life in the beginning i wouldnt have been able to cope with all the extra washing (have 3 other kids washing to do too) but people do it, so I suppose its worth a go!

Ive not gotten any of the nappies you listed so cant comment on those either. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought all AIO BTP nappies. Pockets can be a pain to re-stuff after washing.

I have Bum Genius, Blueberrys, Itti Bitti's, tots bots easyfit, goodmamas, happy heinys...in mixes od AIO, pockets. Most are BTP nappies.

Ive used Tots bots Fluffles/bamboozles and dont rate them at all. They dont lock away any wetness from babys skin and the whole of the nappy holds the pee not just the middle bit..IMHO you might aswell wrap a wet towel around LO:shrug:

I recommend Bumm genius. x

i've had a few recommendations for AIO's but they're all coloured and as we are team yellow i only brought two one in red the other in yellow.

and will probably buy a few more once little one is here.

Sounds like you got some good deals!! I personally haven't used any of those brands but know alot that love motherease...don't really know about the others though sorry. Def don't think your crazy...if I got preg now as soon as I got out of 1st trimester I would go crazy buying!!! Especially if I found out it was a girl haha

Would you by any chance happen to be on a certain 'tree' Littlestar? :winkwink: Apologies if you aren't who I think you are lol. If you are who I think you are then I'm Bobble Boy's Mum :D

We can recommend Diddy Diapers and Weenotions. Weenotions are fab and ther customer service goes above and beyond. They are putting extra poppers on the small nappies I've ordered from them to make them extra small for Findlay and aren't charging me any extra for doing it!

Would you by any chance happen to be on a certain 'tree' Littlestar? :winkwink: Apologies if you aren't who I think you are lol. If you are who I think you are then I'm Bobble Boy's Mum :D

We can recommend Diddy Diapers and Weenotions. Weenotions are fab and ther customer service goes above and beyond. They are putting extra poppers on the small nappies I've ordered from them to make them extra small for Findlay and aren't charging me any extra for doing it!

Yes, but i'm missing a 't' i made a silly typo.
i'm totally hooked though!

i will have a diddy diaper thrown in for free from the seller.

i've found it the best place to get useful cloth info, i'm afraid that the sposie world is too ingrained, people still think i'm mad when i tell them i going cloth. but i will prove them wrong. other than the hospital i'm cloth all the way baby! :happydance:

bagged some more bargains though - said i wouldn't buy anymore but i got 20 motherease onesize with boosters (no wraps) for £35 in VVGU condition. which i'm going to try and loan to my SIL (they're tight on pennies at the mo) :dohh:

i've spend near on £180 on nappies this weekend making 7 wraps and a whopping 46 nappies! the only thing i will need to do i buy wraps as little one gets bigger.

You sound just like me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"